GoPro & 812 | FerrariChat

GoPro & 812

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Frank_C, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Going to take the 812 out to COTA tomorrow. I bought a GoPro, which I’ll mount on my harness bar in my GT3RS, but where should I mount it on my 812? On my helmet? I don’t remember where I read it but isn’t there an app that ties into the GoPro’s data base?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I guess you could use a suction mount to attach it to the rear window (looking at the front between the seats), or to a side window.

3. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    As noted above, suction to window. How did you like it? My GoPro experience is it does not run for a full session and shuts down after about 6 minutes. I moved on to a Garmin.

4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I did the suction mount. It didn't last a full session but did not shut down and split it. That was a bummer. But the image stabilization is cool.

5. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    you need to have a big memory card or it will stop recording. Some that are too big or not compatible wont work either so refer to this list:
    https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

If you have a rollbar thats a great place, helmet mount shows hands but can over expose the road. Windshield provides best look for the track exposure but you dont see the in car movements and can make speed look slower.

Suction cup mounts usually fall off if you are driving hard. We use the adhesive sticky mount (it can be removed without damaging the surface).

6. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    I have a Delkin 64GB, but I see it is not on the list. Can't remember how I got this card. Will try the approved list. Thanks!