Gorgeous L-Series Now On BaT! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Gorgeous L-Series Now On BaT!

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, May 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    I've got 00464, I'll check it when I'm back in Ohio. Maybe it's there but it's more subtle. Definitely different than my 72, which is original, and my 74. Could the earliest cars carry over from the 206. I think my car was the 27th 246 built?

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Have they (or anyone) yet developed a feature(s) to confirm or differentiate between a "real sale" (to an actual buyer) and "smoke & mirrors" or is everything still based on "market" lemmings accepting/believing spoon fed fairytale metrics of no-sale high bids and other shill theatrics ?
    Is there a way to confirm all sales at BaT being legit/real and not plagued by shilling games similar to “some” physical venues ?

Whipcity76 likes this.
  3. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Thank you about the app. Downloaded it last night to view all my classics. Excellent format/presentation.

375+ likes this.
  4. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    I'm part owner of a dealership in Ohio. We've sold/purchased a number of cars through BaT. All very positive experiences with no suprises! I think the traditional way of doing auctions is going to change, they're too expensive. At the low end, under $250k, buyers/sellers are paying up to 12% each and that's way too much. I think that model has to change. At BaT, max is $5000 on the buy side. As the dollar price of cars goes up on BaT, we'll probably see more in person inspections, or at least PPI's. That will expand the types of cars venues like a BaT can offer and give the purchaser more confidence in what they're purchasing. I will say, I think BaT does a better job of vetting the mechanicals than what you see at typical auctions.

Neelfryer likes this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks for replying, but with all due respect, this ^^ is all publicly available info regarding basic transaction (cost) "mechanicals" of all auctions and nothing really to do with what I was referring to in my enquiry.
    I'm probably just trying too hard to look past the "smoke & mirrors" and questions they raise. :confused:
    Well, I guess they can color me a cynic.

6. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    My point was that I am an actual user and know several other participants on BaT, and I have never seen or heard of any shenanigans. We transact cars for our dealership and I have a personal collection, everything has been positive. I've never heard any dialogue anywhere questioning the integrity of the site, in fact just the opposite. Im probably more comfortable there than the traditional auction venues.

TTR likes this.
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Purely out of interest - BAT is not much use to a UK buyer / seller - I have been following BAT for some time(there are some fascinating cars that pop up from time to time) . It seems to me to be a superior alternative to conventional auctions and if I lived in the US and wanted to sell a car, I would think very seriously about using it. Unfortunately, we do not have anything here in the UK that is anywhere near as developed as BAT. There is a couple that are coming along quite nicely, but are still a long way behind, but I think in a year or two, they will be well established means of buying and selling. On both sides of the Atlantic, I think that the days of the big auction houses will be numbered. They certainly should be. Indeed, I cannot see how they are surviving against BAT over there in the US, given their exorbitant charges and careless descriptions. What would make BAT and other low-fee on-line auctions really successful, IMO, is for all cars offered to come with a PPI from a reputable source.

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #83 TTR, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Good luck finding that “reputable source” willing to put their name on the line for “all cars”, not to mention one with ability not to become “compromised” in the long run.
    Besides, what would the peanut gallery cheerleaders do if their ability to speculate was made even more useless ?

swift53 likes this.