Got Low Body? | FerrariChat

Got Low Body?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Feb 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #1 roytoy2003, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Coming along just quite nicely..looks up high as it is still on a floor lift..

Not doing anything to the ALL Orginal body, paint or interior..just love it the way it was born. Getting a FULL mechanical restoration from top to bottom to make it road worthy from Seattle to LA if one so desires. Will be adding a hidden up to date electronic ignition as well as up to date A/C system, new tires already installed. Everything else's stays as it was born and it all works as well, Radio, tools, spare..and such low miles at just a tic over 16K KMS..

Crappy I-Phone pic I took of it today at Steve's shop www.drivenexotics.com

Cant wait to rip up and down the roads in Monterey with it this year!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    What year is this car?

3. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Roy is this the 87? Did you redo the dash or is it original?

4. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    No, its not the 1987 FI car I have under restoration right now as well...

This is a LP400S Low Body Series Early car..and yes the dash is orginal as is the whole car..thats why I dont want to do anything cosmetic wise to it..it is in pretty darn good condition just the way it is, some spider cracking on the paint in the normal places, Interior has some sun fade spots..BUT, as they say, it is Orginal only once..

5. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    The pic was making me dizzy :)~

By the way did you get my email regarding the 89 countach?

6. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Needs a Moody and 205's...

Seriously, gorgeous lowbody Roy, sounds like another keeper!

7. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    A SW gauges car?

8. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    NICE!!!! :D

cannot wait to see more pics of it

9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Not the first set of S1 cars with the Small Guages..that would be nice as well.

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I have been traveling the last 4 days, down in the South Cali area..was chasing a few cars..bought two..still working on another Low Body as well as a early 2 valve Countach. Trying to build the Countach inventory to what my Diablo stable is..

Periscopa, S1 (both early and late) S2, S3, so on and so on..

Did not see your e-mail, please re-send.

[email protected]

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Roy, Series Two car, correct?

13. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Nevermind, just saw the other thread. Nice S2.

14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Why put Bravo wheels on an S2 ?

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Why not..?

I like the looks of them better so I had a full Orginal set and put them on..

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Based on the comments I just saw on the other thread, versus the ones above, I am confused.

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    So am I? LOL

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps I can be forgiven for being confused, but I re-read the post in the Countach Values thread, and it appears you have cleared it up by stating the car is an S2, so its all good.

In this thread that you started last week, by your comments above, it seemed you were suggesting it was an S1 car.

Above you stated -
    "This is a LP400S Low Body Series Early car.."

Series Early car clearly implies that the car is an S1 because amongst Low Bodies, a Low Body Series Early means S1. An S2 would be a Low Body Series Late.

You also stated -
    "Not the first set of S1 cars with the Small Gauges.."

Not the first set of S1 cars with Small Gauges clearly implies it is in the 2nd set of S1 cars with the bigger gauges. Everyone knows that there is only one set of S2 cars and they all have big gauges.

Anyway, anyone who read your comments above can also be forgiven for being confused, and given the PMs I received there have been a few. The lines between S1/S2/S3 variants are easily blurred, and due to the disparity in values I can see how some want to be clear on what is what.

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    OK..just to be clear..it is a S2 car with S1 Bravo wheels I PUT on the car..but as I have not done a lot of research yet...I can only assume it is one of the lowest mile S2 cars in the exsistinset with just 16K KMS on the clock.......one owner from what i have seen...well two owners with me now.

Either way, it is a great Iconic car that I intend to drive and ejoy in the forth coming driving season here in Seattle........

20. LC3929

LC3929 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    It's a matter of taste, I'd prefer Bravos on a S2, too. Future potential buyers will get all the information (about wheels and the car being a S2) from you so there's no problem, isn't it?

21. RPMMarcus

RPMMarcus Karting

Feb 18, 2012
    same goes for me. I only would paint these bravo rims (dark) gold! Would look great with this tan interior!

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you for your clarification.

In the pic in the other thread of the car being loaded in the truck, it sits quite high for a Lowbody. Were different springs installed?

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    C,

Since we are talking personal preference, and since I know you personally, let me give you one perspective I think you (& many others) have overlooked.

The mounting of Bravos on a car that is not a genuine S1 car has been done before. The reality of the matter is these cars can only be enjoyed by taking them out and sharing them with the public. Naturally, any owner of these type of cars will sometimes go to where there are car people - cars & coffee, car shows, car events etc, besides private use on the road. Nowadays with the advent of the internet, even a 15-year-old car enthusiast knows the features of a genuine S1. Ive been accosted at gas stations by a young kid asking: "Is that a '78 or a '79?". Im blown away by how much the public knows. Bearing this in mind, the owner of a non-S1 car wearing Bravos will constantly be greeted with: "Is it a real S1?" on a regular basis. Reporting from the experience of one of my clients, having to explain that it is not an S1 gets real tiring real fast. Not to take away from the beauty of an S2 in its own original guise. Its the same syndrome owners of replica Cobras face: They are met with questions of "Is it real?" over & over, to the point where many sell because they just dont want to deal with it anymore. Same with owners of classics where they changed the color. Having to deal with the constant explanations to the question of: "Is that the original color" is enough to make one regret having made a change. Are you understanding my perceptive?

So, my point is, even though you say you would put Bravos on a S2, knowing you as an LP400 owner as I do and your respect for originality, I humbly suggest that if in fact you did do it, you'd change your mind soon enough based on the above.

Just my personal observations and just one more reason to leave these works of art as they were built. The other reason would be the simple fact that any classic car is worth more in its original guise and this fact is a trend that is being affirmed more with time.

24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Not that I know of..I will ask Steve..but I think it may also be the angle of photo, of course what we can do, is when it gets here make measurments and compare them to others S2 S1 cars etc etc..

25. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I for one do not spend my money for "some one" else's pleasure, I spend it for me..I think someone would be pretty thin skinned and have a lack of there "own well being" if they worried all day about one some one else says about their car while they are enjoying it. As far as the velue, of course, that is a given, but when the owner is not worried about the current value and it's not for sale///who cares.