Got ROBBED for my $19k HUBLOT WATCH, I chased him down in the SUV, "VIDEO" | FerrariChat

Got ROBBED for my $19k HUBLOT WATCH, I chased him down in the SUV, "VIDEO"

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Patrick21x, Oct 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    Yup, can’t even sell a gosh damn watch without having to deal with some BS!!

So I’ve been selling online for years. It’s great and all but gosh damn we deal with so many charge backs. Last year alone we lost over $260k in credit card fraud and false charge backs alone. I sold a Corum watch on eBay. Guy returns an empty box and does a charge back. I show eBay the empty box but they don’t give a sht, they take my money anyway and please Don’t let me get started on PayPal lol.

Anyway, so I’m thinking I’ll try this new OfferUp site. After all it’s seems like there a big company doing adds during the super bowl and such. Best part is that I’m thinking there is no way to get scammed by PayPal or credit card fraudsters cause I’ll only accept cash right.

WRONG!!! Well I didn’t calculate on being Fkn ROBBED!!! Guess I missed that one.

Heres how it went down. This guy contacts me through offer up and wants to buy the Hublot King Power Unico that I am selling for $19000. I tell him I can meet at the bank where he will pull out cash. The meeting time and day arrives. Im already not feeling good about this. Just someting in my stomach telling me "Watch out for this guy". I want to park right in front of the banks front doors so I have cameras on me and such. A spot opens up so I start to back in that way I can haul azz if needed. Then the guy txts and says "Im here" as he waves me down and starts to approach my passenger side. I say "Hows it going bud"and he opens the door and hops into the passenger seat and tosses me a thick envelope. He threw it in a manner to where it fell behind my seat. In my head im thinking that was weird and I lean back to grab the envelope. Fk Me!!!! Thats when he grabs the watch (Its in its factory Hublot Box) off the center console and bolts out the door.

The guy takes off running with my watch, I throw the truck in Drive and start to run him down. He hasn’t shown any immediate threat to my life so I can’t just run him over so I just try to follow him. He ends up jumping into another vehicle so I block them off from escaping. Now their freakin the fk out and the driver starts ramming my truck (GlE63 AMG that I just bought for the wife)

Well I’m not sure if they got guns but I know they are in full Fight or Flight mode. so I jump out and take cover by el pollo loco just in case it gets crazy, meanwhile Im on the phone with 911 giving them the details. They both get out and start running so I chase after them. I tell 911 " I GOT TO GO cause I need to use this phone" this way I can begin filming this cause I at least want to get their faces on camera making it easier to identify once police get into the chase. It will also help greatly for the prosecution to have it all on film when that time comes.

Tustin Police showed up FAST!!!! I mean FAST!! As I was chasing them down in the truck I was already on 911 giving them, location, description etc etc. So they get their quick and start combing the neighborhood looking for the two suspects. The Chief of police came out and helped in the search too. That was really awesome to see the Chief out there like that. After hanging out with them for a while I got to learn a lot about them and what they go through every day. I got mad love and respect for our police officers and this Tustin squad is Fkn awesome.

Sorry for getting side tracked there, anyway the police catch one of them (the driver and owner of the vehicle). While one got away. Back at the suspects vehicle the police open up the trunk and it’s packed with gear and bags. The police think these two have been running this scam for a while robbing others. If so they will try to get the property back to the rightful owners.

As they searched the back seats they leaned out and asked me “what kind of watch was it they took from you”?

Ahahaha so freakin awesome!!! They found the watch in the back seat. Seems the crooks couldn’t get it out of it big azz box so the left it a ran.

All in all, this ended in the best way possible. Looking back I should have trusted my gut as I felt something was up from the moment he contacted me to purchase the watch. Police say it was pretty crazy I chased them down like that. I told them that was just the Marine in me kicking in :) Some have asked me why did I chase them over a watch. It was never about the watch or about money, it was about me NOT BEING A VICTIM. Something just kicked in and I said “Nope not gonna happen”.

Things however could have ended much worse so I would not recommend ANYONE chase their robbers down like this. Call 911 and let the boys in blue do what they do best. And if ANYONE is selling online, PLEASE BEWARE of things like this. The Police told me that everyone of their stations have a spot just for online transactions to take place. They say that is the safest place to do this as they have cameras everywhere and well, its at a Police station :) Hopefully this will help someone out, please tell your friends, kids and loved ones to watch out for this and to always be ready for the unexpected. Things can go from good to bad real quick.

For now on I think I will just sell my watches to Fellow FChatter's or back to the shop I got them from, no more OfferUp or Craigslist for me :) I am now focusing on collecting AP's and RM's. For this reason I am letting all my Hublot's, Breitling's and IWC's go. Ill post a thread in the Classified section for anyone interested.

In the end, I got the Watch back, SUV is already being repaired and one Perp is already in Jail. We may have gotten some other victims their property back and could have quite possibly taken another felon off the street.

Chalk one up for the good guys,

Patrick

TO SKIP READING This long boring story, their is a

VIDEO HERE

wbklink, LightGuy, Roadney and 22 others like this.
  2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dayum, dude! .... and I strolled right into your place surrounded by your guys with that T3! Betcha didn't know I had a 44 magnum on me either, didja?

J/K! :D :D :D :D :D

Glad you got it back. You shoulda traded me your Scud for the RM NTPT! I actually got it with you in mind too! ;)

ryalex and BOKE like this.
  3. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County

Darth!!! What up bud? Ahahaha, yeah I imagine you were strapped playing with that kind of cash :) I still got that T3 too, one of my favorites for sure :)

darth550 likes this.
  4. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Dude, GREAT THINKING!!!
    I Grew up in Tustin. What corner did all this go down?

6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
  7. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    Right in front of US Bank off Bryan and Newport. They didnt realize the police station was right behind that rite aid lol

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    balls to steal: Who, wha . . .

Balls Of Steel: OORAH!

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

Patrick21x likes this.
  9. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry this happened to you. Glad you are OK. The common denominator here seems to be Craigs List-type scammers operating in a higher level market.

10. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I always wanted a Hublot Senna but I had a friend who lost his Rolex at gunpoint so I wear Invictas. I got dozens of them.

Glad you’re okay.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Dam good job, Marine!

Patrick21x likes this.
  12. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

damn dude

13. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Wow. Glad things worked out.

14. Steve00

Steve00 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Crazy, glad you are OK.

15. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    You are lucky you didn't get shot.

Maybe it's just me, but how many legit, unknown buyers of a $19,000 watch will meet you in a parking lot with cash?

IloveGT likes this.
  16. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sellers should not worry about getting shot. Perps should worry about getting a street side beat down. Jail is too easy for them and minimal consequences.

17. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    I met up with a Darth from here before I knew him and bought a watch with $30k cash. Being that I had done it myself, I thought thats normal and others do that too. But then I realized there is a bit of difference meting up with a fellow Ferrari owner VS some random dude from Long Beach

AtomicPunk88 and Thecadster like this.
  18. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Craziest thing I've read in awhile. Glad you're safe!

J

Wade likes this.
  19. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Meet inside a police station

Patrick21x likes this.
  20. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    You’re Batman! :D

Patrick21x likes this.
  21. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    ....named Isontre.

THAT was your first clue! :)

AtomicPunk88 and Patrick21x like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good stuff! Too bad for your wife car though.

23. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    It should have ended up with an old fashioned ass whipping by the cops. Makes me sad that those days are over.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

porkchopious likes this.
  24. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  25. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019