Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Nov 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    well said.

A good way this could have been avoided is to have trimmed down the people that would not pay up very easy to. If the head count decides how many bottles then only the people paying should be in the vip section and the rest of the hommies go outside the vip section think about it like this your not offending anyone because they cant anti up some dough and you guys would still be up there if these other people that came along did not come in the first place.
    So I cant believe that not one of you guys just didnt say yo anyone that does not have money to pay for the bottles wheather your drinking or not will need to remove themselves from the vip section of the club and go have a good time at the bar? No offense ofcourse
    you dont have to feel guilty not paying for your hommie and that should be understood way before the next plans are made.
    I remmember going to this club about 10 years ago it used to be a concert hall correct? I remmember we would go with about 10 people and if some of us could not get in they would not come in i didnt just drive to the city to have a good time and if one of my hommies didnt have the cash to get in then he shouldnt have come in the first place. But i would not let it ruin our night we went in and they diddnt its the same thing.
    only difference is that you guys are all jocks! hahahahhahha
    the next time you guys go out make it clear that you have to pay to play.
    i am sure that will weed out the freeloaders

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    FWERFFF!!

im sure if we carried our footballs into the club, they would have comp'ed all the bottles!

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    dont forget the 12 security gaurds one for ach hommie

4. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    buttuz, good point.
    so next time itll be your repsosbility to get teh dough from people.
    youll be the quarterback we b the playas.

rehan, good point.
    never life over your ability and never leech off of friends.

also, you can NEVER front being a playa, EC or otherwise. its crystal clear
    who is and who isnt. talk is talk. show is show.
    but you gots to have sh!! to back up the talk. otherwise you b a sukka.

5. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    tHatS How wE rOLl iN dEM cLUBs wE nEEd tHEM sECurITY!

seriously brad, i need to see you in a club, jsut to see the look on your face.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    swim with us, but dont be the fishes that suck and stick on the sides of whales and get a free ride.

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    What ever happened to gathering the money up front so that this was not incurred? The bill ALWAYS seems to cause problems from what I hear and see the few times I went. When it is just a few people it is okay but more than 6 and things get a bit confusing. Before you go in the club make sure that people are going to pay the determined amount and if possible get the money from them. It seems to be the best idea. Yes, some people might say this is a bit embarrassing and why should we have to do this, but think about it, you do it or get kicked out.

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    fWeRFzEN!
    i aint no scavenger.

9. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    damn, i knew we should have called keith last night!

10. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Funny, but no seriously, this point was brought up before because the bill time always gets a bit sticky. It is the only way to guarantee the situation does not happen again.

11. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    a real playa doesnt roll with less than $5000 in his pocket and leave the place with $15 !!!

i banned myself from going to scores,penthouse for a month!! :D

12. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    but for real i am only joking, this thread is very serious and dont want it turning into a joke.

13. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    werd

14. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    yo johns u aint no playa if you dont have a house card for scores or pec zEN!

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I believe they are called pilot fish.
    Hit a dictionary to verify this & found the below amusing;

pilot fish
    n.
    A small slender marine fish (Naucrates ductor) that often swims in company with larger fishes, especially sharks and mantas

5. The cowcatcher of a locomotive.
    ---------------------------------------------
    PS - sorry, I agree with JC that this is serious. Didn't mean to lighten the mood so as to gloss over the point.

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    whatever the case, the bill should NOT be that complicated. It should be assuming everyone arrives at the same time:

$ Cost Per Playa for the nite = (Total $ of bill)/(Total # of people who attended)

AND

if you bring X number of guests = X * $CostPerPlaYa

this ONLY applies to bottle service places like clubs or lounges.

well u can say that some people drink more than others, will then....man up and drink more zen! sometimes the heavy drinkers wont drink that much the next time because they need to take a break and end up drinking the least that nite. it all averages out at the end over time :)

17. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    You also have to factor in that some people are under the impression that they are only having one or two drinks and their date might have one so they are thinking that they are paying a portion and not the whole bill of say $100 - 200 per person. You have to make the price per person known before you go to the club, simple as that. If that is not done then things like this will continue to happen or you will have to annex quite a few people and then it will not be near as fun.

18. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    what hubert is making known is that to roll into a club EC playa style is
    by getting a table with bottle service.
    the point is this: if you roll in with the table service crew, then you gots
    to pay for the table service minimum whether you or your date/firends drink or not. otherwise, wait in line outside and drink at the bar.

19. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    FWERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

that was the upshot!

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Gotta think about it this way, how many people love spending hundreds of dollars on alcohol for one night? It is all about looking good until the bill comes ;).

21. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.

... and since we are all EC members, its not that its a bad thing to be downstairs at the bar with no table drinking it up its all good! different
    strokes for different folks.

22. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Hubi -- I'm glad you brought this up, because it's been on my mind over the past few months as well.

I've gotten nailed with WAY more than my share of the bill on more than one occasion at Ruby Falls, as has pchop, with the same responses/excuses from people. I didn't want to chase after everyone for money because I'm not that kind of person and I know that since we hang out regularly, it all comes around eventually. But still...getting stuck with a $1000 tab kinda blows.

In the future, I think there's a very simple solution to this: Before we go in as a group, we need to have a common understanding about what our setup is. Who's in charge, who's getting the table, how many bottles we need to buy, etc. And then we need to chip in or step out.

Last night, I think different people were under differnet impressions about the arrangement -- certain people had tables & comp'd bottles reserved in advance, and others made arrangements at the door to buy 4 bottles (and didn't spread the word about this to the rest of the group....) That was no good.

I think the last time we hit Ruby Falls as a group, it worked out very well. We were told at the door it'd be a 4-bottle minimum. We had a $1500 tab, there were 5 people paying, and we all threw in $300. No surprises, and it all worked out. Let's aim for something like that next time.

23. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    lots of people in da EC expect to spend $100s of dollars for 1 nite if they are rolling with da PlaYaz. and it's ok with us. it's the cost of partying in NYC that we have come accustomed to.

we getting ripped off? that is another issue, but that's the way it is zen

24. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.

...wait keith, seriously not trying to go back and forth wit ya on this,
    but for a lot of the playas who spend money on bottles/table its not about looking good its the way of life, some people think spending a couple hundred on being able to have some space to sit, not to worry about drinks is worth
    the money. i know i do and its definitely not about doing it for looking good.

25. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    zen, i couldnt agree any more. glad we on da same page that if people invite friends to come, whether they be dudes or chicks, they gots to be responsible for their $$ share too.