Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Nov 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I *really* want to believe "Your friends won't stiff you".

But it seems there have been problems. OK, then Ante-up before hand (per person) so that our friends don't get stiffed. I would then think if the bill is higher than expected, those that ante won't complain about kicking in a little more to square the bill. If the bill is significantly less, the balance can be carried forward to the next soiree. Tax, tipping, etc to be included.

I don't drink much (if at all), but if that's the pay-to-play agreeement set down, I decide to go out or stay home. And I'm looking forward to many more good times with the EC :)

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    True, hundreds of dollars is expected, but people are always on different levels. Lay out a plan beforehand. All I know is that if I got kicked out of a club I would make sure that I am secure next time because I would not want to go through the embarrassment again.

3. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    I say name the freeloaders and ban them for life! I am guessing the freeloaders are the ones not posting on this thread :D And the one that did post got some thick ass skin :D :D :D

4. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    A little straightforward communication up front I think makes things a lot easier in these situations.

If I'm along with you guys one thing is sure and that's that I'm willing to foot my share of a bill (whether I'm drinking or not) and if I've brought guests they're either covering themselves or I'll cover them; I won't bring people along and expect the group to cover them. By the same token, I won't pay for a bunch of people I don't know unless for some reason I'm in a particularly good mood.

But last night I didn't know there was anything wrong until it was a bit too late, and it also became unclear who was running the show and exactly what any of us might have been agreeing to. If anyone told me what I had to pay and when, it would have been fine with me, but as it was it looked for awhile like enough people were working an arrangement out that there was no need for me to run into the huddle, and usually in such circumstances someone eventually lets me know how much I need to cough up.

So, if there's just one thing I would add to this discussion (and I agree completely with everything everyone's said so far, by the way), it would be in a group as big as we had last night, someone really needs to try to communicate before there's a crisis what we're all agreeing to and if money's needed Right Away ask for it Right Away...

Also, if we're in a big group, and there's someone among us who's already set things up with the club, let them be the one to interact with the club staff. From what I heard we ended up with different people making different arrangements on behalf of the whole group, and that gets pretty embarassing no matter how it shakes out.

We're a fun group, and we've got a lot of great spontaneous self-starting types, which adds to the fun, but when we go out like we did last night, we need to keep things a little more organized (which might amount simply to letting the organizer do that) and communicating as early and clearly as possible what's going to be needed from each PlAyA.

5. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    keith, the situation w/ club is different than restaurant.
    if we go to a restaurant, sure you can pay what u eat. if u had a drink plus a pasta, and i had 3 drinks plus a 5 lb lobster, then of course it's only fair for u to pay ur own share.
    the thing with club is, we all know how much a bottle of grey goose is in the store, we all know why club can mark it up 1000%, because we are paying to hang in the joint, dats really what ur paying for if u want to get VIP service, u ain't really pay for vodka itself. so if a group show up, everyone in the group is able to get in and get that VIP service only because the club knows how large of a tab they will stick us up with, thus each one in the group needs to pay, regardless if u drink or how much u drink.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    everyone in the crew knows by now that we partying at the highest lvl possible. if they dont by know by now, they should move to Mississippi where they belong.

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Since people are at the clubs so much they do not AROUND what a bottle of stuff they want is going to go for. Yes it might be off a few dollars but you get the general idea.

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    dats the point of this post, see subject "u gotta pay to play".
    my 1st outing with the ec crew was to IDOL when pchop set up the event. i think at one point there were like 20 ppl drinking out of our table and half of dem i never saw in my life. pchop got stuck with a 1800 tab, he had to post to ask for money. not cool.

10. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    you got a fish tank and you dont know what them nughas are called?

REMORA=that fish that cleans off sharks and whales

11. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    thats what usually happens when someone brings in strangers to a group. they 'think' that it's ok to leave early before the bill comes so they dont have to pay sshiiite.

12. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.

i hate remoras!

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i dont do REMORA's.

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    was that the time u had both G-car and 360 out?
    if so, don't take this the wrong way noah, since we are on subect i figure i'd ask. if i remember right, there was 8+ guys and bunch of gals, why only 5 ppl paid?

i think hubert's pt is that not only we need to have a plan before we hit the joint, but also if u roll in group u will need to pay.

15. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I can voluteer to be you guys personal decision maker/pretend bodygaurd.

this is what i need $100 a hour to make up decisions for the playas.

i will take off my shirt and borrow lupes gun and pretend to be your personal bodygaurd.

i will also grab any girls hair and drag them to you for your personal pleasure.

anything else?

16. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I am sorry but i almost fell of the chair laughing!! :D

I am surprised you didn't say "Jersey" in place of Mississippi :eek:

17. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    yes......pay the bill :)

18. RANTANESIAN

RANTANESIAN Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    Hey Hubi,

I know that latley i have been down and out, i have gotten really beatup on a project that i have done and it has put me in financial downs. I have not been as strong as i used to be and i too have to agree with you and say that the past few weeks that i haven't been around and that i haven't hung out with the EC crew is because of the fact that i couldn't pay to play. But last night seeing everyone brought a great comfort to me and it made me feel good. Having dinner and drinks with cats that are true and real is what life should be like. I know that within a few weeks i will be back for good to terrorise all you catz. But i was alittle disapointed about last night and it kind of bothered me. I was really excited to be out and to see everyone and just hang out like old times.
    Brad it really would have been great to see you as well with everyone, the same goes to Sam and Ed. I'm really hoping that in the next few weeks we could all get toghether and have some real fun. As for Hubi I still think you a true Playa.

19. RANTANESIAN

RANTANESIAN Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    Like a true Cave Man Playa!!!!!!!!!!

20. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    i think i need to call up my boy who owns a lounge in the city. a couple free vodka bottles for the ballaz on me:D , just take care of the waitresses. ferrari parkin upfront. if anyones down let me know.

21. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    rene,
    my posts were not targeting you. if i remember correctly you paid for the
    balance of the bill at diva. that was another issue altogether, but i was not
    there for the night so i cannot comment.
    it was real good to see you last night.
    you are chill and are one of the true original EC playas and will be 1 for life.
    sorry to hear about some of your hard times, with every winter there is a
    spring bro. please dont be down becuase of it.
    jc

22. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    werd we were short at DIVA and naynay dropped some G's ok not G's but some 20's and got us covered. true playa.

23. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    we aint going unless u big Pimpin is rolling with us. da ec plaYaz havent met u yet

24. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Don't remember the specifics of the night...sorry. I know that the people who paid were the ones who were "hosting" the night, and they split it evenly, and that's the way it should be.

One thing I'm not going to do, however, is get too anal & picky about who pays for which people. If we're going out to a club, and let's say Hubi brings along 4 girls to hang with the group, there is NO WAY I'm going to expect him to pay 5x as much as anyone else. If he's bringing girls to hang out with us, then I'm happy to share in the expense of "hosting" the night. Even if I don't get any booty. ;)

Obviously if someone brings 5 of his work buddies who sit and drink our liquor, then he (or THEY) should chip in, but let's not make a disincentive for people to bring girls out. Chivalry ain't totally dead...

nlh

25. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    nlh playa,
    point taken.
    then wouldnt the minimum # of bottles be increased? and the amount of money be more?
    if i brought out girls, then i am hosting them, i am responsisble for them, whether i screw them or not is not a factor. again, my posts are not targeting you or anyone specifically. just wanted to add that.

jc