Gran Turismo 6 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Sep 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #101 WJHMH, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wake me up when a 355 gets into the game. :(

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
  5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You'll go even faster if you reduce weight with a carbon fiber shift knob :D : Universal Momo Racing Carbon Fiber Stick Shift Lever Knob Shifter Mazida Honda | eBay

We have the knob above installed on a G27 and the chrome knob below on a G25:

Amazon.com: Mr. Gasket 9627 CHROME SHIFT BALL: Automotive

The carbon fiber one is larger than the stock knob and the Mr. Gasket one is about the same size. Both are heavier than the stock Logitech knob and, to me, the weight improves the shifter feel, but YMMV.

6. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #106 WJHMH, Sep 16, 2014
    The latest update for Gran Turismo 6 is now available, and it is one of the biggest yet, bringing one of the longest new tracks ever to be featured in a console racing game.

Named “Circuit de la Sierra”, it is based around the lake near Zahara de la Sierra, in Andalusia, Spain. The area is just a few miles from Ronda, the GT6 Photo Travel location and the city which played host to the game’s international launch party last December.

Here’s the formal change log provided by Polyphony Digital, the 1.12 update is 484MB in size.

Vision Gran Turismo

The “Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition.

The car can be purchased in the “Vision Gran Turismo” section after the update, but you can also acquire the car by completing a full lap in the limited time seasonal event, regardless of the lap time achieved.

Sierra Time Rally

The “Sierra Time Rally” has been added to [Special Events]. In the first original long course “Circuit de La Sierra” modeled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time.

Time will be extended by passing the checkpoints, and your score will be calculated according to your distance driven. Overtaking other cars will raise your combo level, and there are other possibilities of raising your score based on your driving skills. We invite you to check it out.

Quick Match

[Quick Match] has been added to [Online]. When the event is selected, players will automatically be matched to other players around the world for a quick and easy online race.

Additional Cars

The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships]. You can also access these easily from the [Recommended Cars] section.

Toyota FT-1 graphite
    Nissan GT-R NISMO ’14*

*Players who participated in the “GT Academy 2014” Online Qualifiers will receive this car free of charge.

Additional Gauges:

[Additional Gauges] have been added to [Custom Parts]. You can select instruments to add to three gauge slots, selecting from boost meter, water temperature gauge, oil temperature gauge, tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure gauge, and fuel pressure gauge.

Steering Controller

Official compatibility has been added for the Thrustmaster T300RS. It is possible to reassign keys from [START] – [OPTIONS] – [STEERING CONTROLLER]

Force Feedback

- [FORCE FEEDBACK] that could only be adjusted from [START] – [OPTIONS] – [STEERING CHARACTERISTICS] before can now also be adjusted from the [DRIVING OPTIONS] displayed in the [QUICK MENU] before driving.

- Also, the force feedback that was only adjustable under [FEEDBACK STRENGTH] can now be adjusted in [FEEDBACK MAXIMUM TORQUE] and [FEEDBACK CENTER SENSITIVITY] sliders. Now it is possible to set the steering sensitivity near the centered position, and the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering independently.

- Force feedback can now be adjusted on 200 degree lock-to-lock type controllers such as the GT FORCE RX.

Other

- The motor assist control for the Toyota TS030 Hybrid ’12 has been changed. Because the motor assist only works when the car is at full throttle (over 80%), the motor no longer comes into effect during partial throttle positions while cornering.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I love this new track! We need more like this one.

8. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This. I love driving classic cars on it. It just feels right.

9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It really does, but I have yet to find a car that ISN'T fun on this track.

I'm going to say it: this is the best track I have ever played in any racing game. It's genius.

10. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #110 WJHMH, Feb 11, 2015
  11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  12. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Live stream of a 24 hour GT6 Nurburgring race my son is participating in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gyIVxOW0w

They have live commentary throughout the race, so it's pretty interesting to watch. They are in hour 4 of 24 as I post this.

13. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    What team is he on?

14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Inferno Racing

15. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    They finally got the pass done in the pits. They have the best pace of all the teams.

16. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They had some difficulties overnight.

There is a new stream for remainder of race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0GYpbMRMgo

17. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They ended up in 4th overall. The Nurburgring 24 hours is brutal because it is 16 miles long, they have GT6 damage control set to "heavy" (so the car becomes severely impaired with an off), and weather was set to frequent rain. If they damage the car early in the lap or pick the wrong tires or weather changes unexpectedly, they needed to slog it around for 16 miles to get back to the pits. Their undoing was severe damage just after exiting the pits that added 6 minutes on one lap to get the hobbled car around the track and into the pits. They learned a lot in this first attempt at the N24 and hope to win next year.

18. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Popped GT6 in the other day and realized that I was only 8% complete.

Not sure what happened, or how this got placed on the shelf, but I've been playing non-stop for the past two days; I'm now at 28% competition.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed events were a lot of fun.

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    As I was tell some of you already know. The new GT6 course marker allows you to build almost any track that you wish, including topography modifications. What I'd like to do is build some Texas race tracks
    like MSR Cresson, Texas World Speedway 2.9 mile road course, Eagles Canyon, & a various list of other tracks. Here's an example:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIR5VpzIk4M[/ame]