Grand Jury indicts NJ Officer for Viper Crash Death | FerrariChat

Grand Jury indicts NJ Officer for Viper Crash Death

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by M-Velope, Oct 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M-Velope

M-Velope Rookie

Aug 24, 2006
    Middlesex grand jury indicts North Brunswick officer for crash death

A Middlesex County grand jury today indicted a 40-year-old North Brunswick police lieutenant on a charge of vehicular homicide for the death of a fellow officer in a high-speed crash that occurred when they took a ride in high-powered sports car while on duty in August.

The grand jury charged Lt. Keith Buckley was driving at a speed of at least 94 mph in a 45 mph zone when he lost control of a rented 2006 Dodge Viper convertible and slammed into a guardrail and utility pole, killing Lt. Christopher Zerby, a 41-year-old father of two young sons.

Buckley, an 18-year veteran who headed North Brunswick's 84-member patrol division, faces a prison term of five to 10 years if convicted. A not-guilty plea was entered on his behalf when he initially was charged Sept. 5.

Zerby's attorney, Robert Gluck, previously said his client was devestated by the crash. The defense attorney, a former Middlesex County prosecutor, called the crash ''an accident and not a crime.''

2. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Very sad. Certainly nothing to gloat about.
    But I do hope some of the officers who have gone out of their way to harass and insult people on this board use this as a reminder not be so holier-than-thou.
    We all enjoy our cars, it is very sad when someone is injured or loses their life doing so...

I'm sure both these guys families will need (and deserve) a lot of support.

3. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I certainly do not wish death or misfortune like that on anyone. But I know a few members of this board are personally familiar with the HOLIER THAN THOU attitude that you mentioned.

Wonder if Judge Dick Sasso has mended his ways. Inebriated on the bench, sexual harrassment. What comes around, goes around, eh your honor??

4. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Wonder what happened to him....

How are you John?! How's the family?? I hope everyone is well. Would be fantastic to see you again sometime buddy... Let me know and some weekend I'll make a trip down just to have a beer. Besides, you have to meet my soon-to-be-wife :)