Grand Opening Ferrari Tampa Bay | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Grand Opening Ferrari Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'Florida' started by AEHaas, Dec 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Highlow

Highlow F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2006
    Sac
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I'm not sure about this but I have also heard it is the only freestanding Ferrari dealership in the world. All other ones are also Maserati dealerships or something else.
    I've done some research, and as far as i can tell, it's true.

2. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Only one dealership is owned / run by Ferrari North America - it is in California (pretty sure that it is FoBeverly Hills, but I could be mistaken).

All the others are privately owned franchises. Most are owned by the automotive group owned / run by Roger Penske (Vegas, 2 in California, Arizona, New Jersey, etc).

There are several other Ferrari dealerships that never picked up the Maserati marque. It was optional - but is something that FNA looks favorably upon (and it is important for dealers to stay in FNAs good graces).

Ferrari North America - generally "suggests" that dealers maintain MSRP pricing on new cars - as a result, very few exact a premium from their customers (and it is generally only the best customers that are buying "new" cars, anyway.) However, most dealers DO sell pre-owned cars above MSRP (when the market will bear it).

I am not aware of any dealer - in recent times, at least - losing their franchise for selling new cars for prices in excess of MSRP (although FNA has other ways of getting the attention of dealers that do not comply with "company policy").

The owner of Ferrari of Tampa Bay, Onofrio "Frank" Triarsi owns one other Ferrari dealership - Ferrari of Central Florida in Orlando. He also owns Classic Coach Repair (a repair, restoration and maintenance facility) in Elizabeth, NJ, and Lamborghini of Bergen County, in NJ (which I hear he might be interested in selling).

Hope that clears things up for you.

Scottie

3. flnick26

flnick26 Karting

Jan 16, 2009
    Tampa, FL,USA
    Full Name:
    Nick P
    "The owner of Ferrari of Tampa Bay, Onofrio "Frank" Triarsi owns one other Ferrari dealership - Ferrari of Central Florida in Orlando. He also owns Classic Coach Repair (a repair, restoration and maintenance facility) in Elizabeth, NJ, and Lamborghini of Bergen County, in NJ (which I hear he might be interested in selling)."

As I stated before this is correct.

"There are several other Ferrari dealerships that never picked up the Maserati marque. It was optional - but is something that FNA looks favorably upon (and it is important for dealers to stay in FNAs good graces)."

The reasoning for this being the case (as explained to me by the GM of FofTB) is that Reeves Import Motorcars owns the rights to the Maserati Dealership for the Tampa Bay Area under a type of "non-compete" clause (having to do with an overlapping market area and so on). Therefore why this is not Ferrari-Maserati of Tampa Bay.

Thanks Scottie for the Help and hope I gave you guys some futher insight into the maserati issue.

4. flnick26

flnick26 Karting

Jan 16, 2009
    Tampa, FL,USA
    Full Name:
    Nick P

Ferrari of Tampa Bay is supposedly the Largest and possibly the only true free standing Ferrari dealership. It seems that it had the blessing of some of the big names at FNA. AKA Maurizio, he seems to have long running roots with Ono. They seemed to be getting along very well at the grand opening and Maurizio seemed very excited about such a unique dealership opening.

If nothing else Ferrari of Tampa Bay is definitely unparalleled by any other Ferrari dealership I have seen. Its design, layout, and features are truly unique. As stated by others in this thread the staff is very welcoming and willing to help. I wish them the best!