Grand Prix Go Karts are coming!..... | FerrariChat

Grand Prix Go Karts are coming!.....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Aug 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 FerrariFrank1, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello folks. I have started up 2 new businesses. One of them being: "Grand Prix Go Karts, Inc." I will be selling some very cool little Grand Prix/Formula One style Go Karts. The first batch are due in a couple of weeks. I've already sold a few of them! I will post more information when they arrive. My website is: www.GrandPrixGoKarts.com (The site is not up yet)

They come painted from the Factory. And there are Decals available to make them look like your favorite car. But, in the future, I will also be offering Custom Paint, Wheel and Tire upgrades. And Performance Parts. Along with some very cool Racing Go Karts.

They have 4 stroke, 110cc engines. 3 forward speeds, and a reverse. (No Clutch.) Telescopic Steering wheel. Fully independent suspension and disc brakes. Push button electric start. They are 8 feet long!

These are "High End" Go Karts and are intended for Teens and Adults. But ages 12 and up if they have some previous Go karting experience. There are nothing else like them here in the U.S.

If you would like more information, you can "P/M' me for now.

Here are a few photos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    OMG ! I love you :D

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,uh....Thanks, there, Frankie....:)

Yes, these Karts will definitely be a blast! Like I said, there are Nothing like them here in the U.S. (I am THE Sole U.S. Importer)

The Racing Karts that I will be Importing will be very cool too. Same country of manufacture as my Ferrari....That's all I can say for now....:) Keep posted....

BTW....These are just being offered here in the Chicago section first.

4. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Do FOC guys get a discount??

Sound like a fun little project!!

Congrats....

Thanks.

Vince C.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Frank, can you PM me when you get an idea of pricing?

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    FOC guys, no. Friends, yes.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I sure will, Jack. Yes, I am waiting to see exactly what they are like before I do that. They are shipping out today, and should be in my hot little hands in less than 3 weeks. And, I will definitely offer big discounts to people that I know. Along with Cash finders fee's paid out to anyone that finds real buyers.

I am even looking into leasing a store for these Karts. And the Racing Karts that I will also be Importing from Italy. I just bought a Beautiful Hand Painted Mural of Schumi in his F1 car from Helmut & Gisela. It is 9' by 11'! ( see that thread here in the Chicago section. It is absolutely beautiful!) It would make a nice piece to but up in a store that will be selling Grand Prix style and Racing Go Karts.

I will also have a Website. www.GrandPrixGoKarts.com (Not up yet, though) Print Ads in various publications. And my son is getting into Go Kart Racing this year. It looks like it should be alot of fun.

I also have a Manufacturer in China that makes these really cool, small displacment Motorcycles for the Street that would make Great commuter bikes for people that live in the City. I have friends who sold their cars because they don't use them, got tired of keeping up the Insurance and don't use them, take 3 weeks to get a parking space close to their Apartment after they've taken their car out. Who mostly walk or use Public Transportation. But would also like the freedom of having their own vehicle to come and go as they please. These little motorcycles are small enough to be parked anywhere. Locked in a back yard, gangway, where ever. We'll see....

I have also started up another business that will be selling Funny, Political-both correct, but mostly incorrect,. T-Shirts, Hats, Bumperstickers, whatever. Anything and everything! I'll have that website up soon too. ( www.nluvnit.com) Plus, Print Ads in progressive and obscure Publications. Rolling Stone, Easy Riders, Hot Topic, Etc....

Early retirement sucked!

8. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    just like any other motorized thing these would need to be driven on private property or be 16 with a drivers lisense am i correct?

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No, you do not need to be 16. So you do not need to have a drivers license to drive them. But they are High Performance, so not recommended for ages under 12. These cannot be driven on the street. Though Germany is experimenting and allowing Go Karts to be street driven with the appropriate lights, Registration, Etc...

Yes, they can be driven on private property, parking lots with permission, driveways, private roads, inside empty warehouses,(If you know someone that has access to one), Go Karting facilities, which are popping up all over the place, just about anywhere that you can find to drive them safely and have the permission of the landowner to do so, wherever.

I will be looking for more safe and authorized places to run them, and pass along to the buyers.

10. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    oh ok i see, whats the price tag your thinking?

11. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Just in time! Autobahn Country Club is finishing up their kart track.

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, I am holding out on that right now until I actually have them and have had a chance to try them out. I mean, from what I have seen so far. And, from what I have heard from the guy that I am getting them from, who has a Professional Go Kart Racing Team in Europe. All looks very good.

There are nothing like them here in the U.S. at all. And these are far superior than the nearest 'competition' in it's "Style" or "Class". These particular Go Karts are for fun, not Racing. But I will also be adding some Italian Racing Karts very soon. But, the current 'competitors' Go Karts do not have any gears or a reverse. They have a Pull start, (lawnmower engine type) Scrub Brakes. Etc... So, I'll just have to wait and see. They'll be in my driveway in less than 3 weeks. The ship has already left the dock....:)

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Fantastic news! Thanks for that info, Michael!

There is also another Karting facility that has just opened up out by the Chicagoland Speedway in Joiliet called "Kartplex". www.kartplex.com So, there should be plenty of places to run these things. Maybe we can get enough people together and start a little Racing Club/League....There are engine modification parts already available for these Go Karts. And I have a few lines on Go Kart Racing parts, Frames, engines, Etc....

Oh yeah...this is going to be fun!

14. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Frank,
    I don't see a whole lot of karts with a 3 speed stick or reverse for that matter??
    All of the karts I have seen are all straight forward "press on the gas and go"
    types...

Did your guys retro-fit the clutch somehow? Just curious as to how they did that.I guess paddle shifting on the steering wheel is next....yes???

Thanks.

Vince C.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No clutch. I will fill you in more when they get here. The ship has left the dock! Paddle shift....Hmmmm....:)

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Frank, the way I see it you're going to need to shake these things down a bit when they arrive. Hate for a new customer to have a wheel come off--how embarrassing! So, if you find yourself needing any assistance in that area, why I would be happy to dust off my helmet in the name of a good cause! I may just have to invest in one! How many are you getting, anyway?

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, they've already been very well tested by a professional Karting Team in Europe. That is my source. These are 1/2 scale cars. To start with, I am getting a dozen. We'll keep a few for Demonstrotors, and one red one is for my son, and sell the rest. I may already have those first bunch all sold. They'll be here in a couple of weeks. But, judging from the response that I've already received. I will have to order several large Ocean Shipping Containers full of them immediately....Especially so that I have plenty available for Christmas. These things has taken off beyond my wildest expectations already....AND....I haven't even started advertising yet!

And, they are going to have serial number tags on them. I am thinking of having the odd numbered serial numbered cars being the "Regular Cars". And the Special ones ending in even numbered serial numbers.....like Ferrari.....:)

18. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Luca Badoer and the boys?:)

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K., we are down to a week-week and a half now.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Go Karts are in! Just have to clear Customs. Anyone that is interested, I will keep you posted. Or send me a P/M.

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Very cool, Frank. Might be worth a trip out to ogle them.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. The Go Karts have cleared Customs and will be ready for Pick Up Monday. So, once I get them in my hot little hands, will be posting some better pix. My test driver is practically crawling out of his 9 year old skin in anticipation...:) Some of them are already sold, but I will be ordering more very soon. This time, though, they should only take a couple of weeks to get here.

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oooooooh MAN! Are these things cool! WAAAAY better than I anticpated!
    I will post some Pix when I get a chance. These things are real, miniature Race Cars!!!

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. I haven't had a chance to start one up yet. Too busy with other stuff today. But, will try to do it tomorrow.

But, the more that I check these things out, the more amazed I get! The "Dashboard" for instance. To start it, it uses a key, then has a Green button to start it, and a Red one to stop it. It also has little lights that show which gear you are in! 1st., 2nd. or 3rd. Forward, Neutral, and Reverse.

I will also post some Pix of the Karts showing the Double Wishbone suspension and other cool amenities.

These things are like little 1/2 scale Grand Prix Race Cars! Alot More than just Go Karts, IMO. Frankie and I are going to be playing with one all this weekend. If anyone wants to come on out to my humble abode in Oakbrook Terrace to check one out, send me a "P/M" and I will give you my Address, Directions, and home Phone Number. It's easy to get to. Basically right off of The Eisenhower (290) into Roosevelt Rd.(Route 38) just past Route 83, and by Butterfield Rd. (Route 56)

I have 6 left that are available. 2 Red (Ferrari style) 1 Yellow and Blue (Renault style) 1 Blue and White (Williams BMW style) 1 Yellow with Black. (Jordan style) and 1 Silver and Black (Mclaren Merecedes style) If anybody here wants one now, before I put in my Print Ads and get my Website up and running. I have already had inquiies from all over the country!

25. Sohail

Sohail Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Sohail
    What speeds are these karts capable of. Is the maintainance will be similar to a kart maintainance.

Thanks