Grand Prix Go Karts are coming!..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Grand Prix Go Karts are coming!.....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Aug 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Capable of up to 40MPH. (depends how heavy the driver is) They also have stickers on them that state: "Drivers should always wear a Helmet. And Drivers under 16 years of age should have Adult supervision." So, that's what I will go along with.

Yes, maintainence is simple. Engine is in the rear, But before the rear wheels, so it is a "Mid Engined Car" Just like my Ferrari!...;) ) Everything is right out in the open for easy accesibility. Very easy to get at, if needed. Just like any small motorcycle, racing type Kart or snowmobile. Easy to do yourself, or at any small engine shop.

The Bodies are Fiberglas, with a Steel tube frame, and a "Diamond Plate" floor. And both the front and rear wings are steel.

Either today or tomorrow, I will take some Digital Pix of all angles and post ASAP.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, we got ours running and Frankie was driving it around. Very cool! I will post pix as sooon as I get a chance.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. Now that we had some time toi get to know these little creatures. I found some more amenities. 5 way adjustable front shocks. Andm, a plug in the rear that you just plug in the included Battery Charger. Also come with a Tool Kit.

Here are some pix. Some showing the front suspension, the Diamond Plate interior. the Instrument panel which has small colored lights that show you which gear that you are in. The key ignition, and push button electric start and stop buttons. The Disc Brakes front & Rear. 110cc Engine. Rear Suspension/Shocks. ETC...

4. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
  5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.....Maybe the last 2 pix are Full Sized versions.....:)

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wow--those are cool! Is the cockpit as snug as it appears?

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No. The seat is quite wide, and the floor is pretty long. The Gas and Brake pedals are way up in front. It can fit smaller adults, (well, smaller than me, anyway!...;) ) 180lbs or so, is the recommended weight for riders, but I think that alittle bit heavier could work. And maybe 5'10" tall. (It's really the Inseam that matters, as far as leg room goes. You could be taller, but your legs could be the right size.) My son is 4'9" and 90lbs., and he just makes it so that he can drive it safely. And, the steering wheel can be adjusted from all the way in, to about 18-20" out.

I will measure the seat width, and length from the seat back to the pedals and post. Remember, these are 1/2 scale-8 feet long. So it is kind of hard to tell just in the pictures.

The shocks are also 5 way adjustable. I haven't tried any one else in them yet. Hopefully, in the next weekend (not this one) I will have people over to try them out. You are welcome to come on out and check one out!

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'd love to--just say the word.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Here are pix of our Go Karts

10. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Very neat. How did you end up getting the licensing for all of them. Good luck on the venture.