Gransport Pricing is Out | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gransport Pricing is Out

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Formula1, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Production numbers is the big one

2. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Production numbers is the big one

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I'll see what I can find out. I know my allocation is very small

4. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    150 GranSports are to be built for the US. All will be MY '05 and there will be no '06 Gransport model. That tells me the '06 is not very far away and will be radiacally different, as some of the auto mags have depicted.

5. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Wow that is much lower than I originally thought. I was told initially there would be approximatley 300 vehicles built. That is great news. Maybe the car won't depretiate as much as the standard coupe. I am anxiously awaiting my fuji bianco (est delivery 9/15 - arrival in October).

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Yeah and it makes me feel much better about my allocation:)

7. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    So is my dealer about right will the timing. He said it takes an extra 6 weeks for the fuji bianco paint. I was #1 on the list but the #2 guy ordered it in blue and is getting it delivered mid August for a September arrival. Mine, as I said is leaving Sept 15 here in October

8. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I would be cautious about giving an exact date as the build is completely out of our hands but let's just say your car does get onto a boat bound for the US on Sept 15, I think you'll see your car late October.
    Not much different than what your dealer is telling you but I would be cautious about specific dates.

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    About 4-6 weeks after car is built is about right. Takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks for car to get on a ship. They ship out of the port of LA SPEZIA. Just before my car was completed on February 11 I started searching the port for ships heading to NY trying to guess which one I would be on. They do not ship on car carriers but in the hold of cargo ships. Mine was on the Pacific Senator. Then takes about 12-14 days to get to NY, Then another 1-2 weeks at the prep center at the port before Delivery to dealership. The waiting part for you now is easy gets much harder once you know car is built. Also your salesman can let you know what ship it gets on then you can do like me and track the ship from their web site, Was fun seeing all the ports my car stopped at. I will be starting the whole process back up in the fall of 2005 when I place my order for the next generation Maserati. After driving my Spyder GT for 4 months now I am totally hooked on Maserati and feel sorry for all those buyers of Porsche, MB, BMW and others high end cars who are not giving Maserati a try. They are missing out on a truly amazing car. Well good luck with yours

10. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    What?! I sell these cars for a living and you mean to tell me there is a website to view the shipment status of your friggin car? Please tell me where to get this info...boy do I feel like a dumbass:)

11. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    After your car is built your dealer will see on his update screen what ship it gets on. Then all you have to do is search online for that vessel and find it's schedule and track the ship. Maybe they use the ship mine was on for many of their cars. Here is a link to their schedule, cars are loaded on at LA SPEZIA and the schedule of ports shown here is the exact same my car was on.
    Just look for the ship Pacific Senator and you will see it's schedule
    http://www.senatorlines.com/home/schedules/com_actsched_01.jsp

12. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    There must be another way that your dealer is getting this info Scott. I place the Maserati orders for our dealership and I can tell you that there is no info regarding shipping on an ordered car. There are numeric stages the dealer can view to see how far along your car is progressing, it starts at 10 (order accepted) all the way to 93 (transportation to dealer)

Could you please IM me with what dealer you are using, I would like to talk to them to see how they can get that info.

13. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Derek - it looks like the website is the shipping line's website. Kinda like using UPS to track your parcel once Amazon ships it. I don't think its a website related to ferrari/maser or the dealer. But that's my guess.

14. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Bianco Fuji Paint
    Aluminum color Calipers
    Interior just as shown on Maserati web page(DarkBlue Leather,BluMetal,Black)
    White Piping
    Heated GS seats
    Black wheel
    Carbon sills and uppers
    Aluminum passenger foot well
    Hi-Fi system
    Xenons
    Skyhook suspension
    Base color wheels (matt finish)

What a car !!!!!
    The color combo will be breathtaking!!

Hope it drives as good as it looks.........

15. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    That would be an excellent representation of the GranSport!
    May i suggest, getting an aftermarket paintjob in the front light housing in Blue, as in the MC12.

16. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Might look cool............ Can anyone photoshop that in???

17. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Scratch that. With the car being all one color, The blue in front would look very untasteful.