GranTurismo --- Passenger side air-bag deactivation switch | FerrariChat

GranTurismo --- Passenger side air-bag deactivation switch

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by finnerty, Jun 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Item #1 >>> (p/n 46480451) Air-Bag Deactivation Switch <<<

Does anyone know exactly what this switch does ?

And, precisely where is it located / accessed and how is it switched on / off ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am hoping that what it will do is turn off the system so that the "passenger air-bag is off" warning lights on both the overhead console and the instrument panel will NOT illuminate ---- as they do when there is no one riding in the passenger seat. I find them glaring at me to be very annoying while driving.

2. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    It is on the dashboard side closure panel on the passenger side, only visible with the passenger door open, and you switch it on/off by putting your ignition key inside it and turning it to the desired position.

US-spec cars are not fitted with the switch.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Thanks !

That saves me a lot of time trying to find it --- I was even prepared to remove the glove box and the underdash panel thinking it might be tucked away up there.

I won't be doing that since my car is US -spec ---- also explains why I could not find any mention of it in the owner's manual :)

Thanks again !