GREAT [car stereo] news for California (Scuderia Audio) | FerrariChat

GREAT [car stereo] news for California (Scuderia Audio)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SoftwareDrone, May 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kudos to baby tooth doctor who helped me to source some unobtainium electrical connectors.

I am now making harnesses that allows any California with the base stereo system to completely bypass the stock amplifier and add an aftermarket amplifier without cutting a single wire.
    In fact, this is even easier than my Speciale/Pista harness. With that harness, you still need to run a power wire to the battery, a ground wire to the chassis and an amp turn on wire to the fuse box.
    This new California harness includes everything. Simply unplug your factory harness from the stock amp, plug that same plug into my new harness, and plug that other end of the harness into the aftermarket DSP amp. Done! There is an additional attached cable (blue/white) if you want to add a subwoofer.
    It takes me several hours to make one harness, but it's the simplest install ever and completely reversible.

I'll be making another YouTube video demonstrating this harness as part of a DIY, 100% plug and play system.
    I'll keep you guys posted.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

walman, Beach Boy, rgb125 and 4 others like this.
  2. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    Looks amazing!!!

3. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Sorry for a dumb question, but why would I want a new amp? Does a dsp amp give me blue tooth connectivity?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    The stock amp along with the speakers are quite anemic. So if you wanted to upgrade the speakers and amp, this allows you to do a plug and play option for the amp to add a subwoofer, and you just change out the speakers in the back and door.

The DSP allows you to tune the speakers to your preference, also distance from speakers to increase quality.

5. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Thanks. I am not so interested in better sound, but would like a better blue tooth solution as i listen mostly to podcasts. I can find a dsp amp with blue tooth. How much does the harness cost and when can you deliver one?

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The harness will probably be somewhere in the $500-$600 range. It costs me over $300 in parts and takes about 5-6 hours to build one.
    I'm already slammed with orders for these, I can most likely deliver in about a week. Of course anyone to shows interest here on Ferrari Chat will go to the front of the line.

walman likes this.
  7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here is a helpful video I made yesterday:

8. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Just watched the video, not sure what system is in my car. All i know is its an infotainment system with cd input. I am in the states now so can’t confirm system until i am home in 10 days.

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There are infotainment systems with two smaller connectors, and there are infotainment systems with one large red and black connector. If your car has no amplifier and your infotainment box has the single larger plug, then my Speciale/Pista harness will work for you without cutting any wires on your harness.

10. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Hope you can get your hands on a 296and create a similar solution!

11. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Does that mean taking the unit out of the car?

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I already have a component speakers kit for the 296 which is composed of 3D printed hyper directional tweeter pods, 3D printed midrange adapter fixtures and high end Focal K2 Series component speakers. As soon as I can gather some information on the 296 stereo amplifier, an amp bypass kit for this model will be in the works.

13. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What unit? The infotainment unit? The stereo will not work without it. Think of this harness as an extension cord where the speaker wires are separated out.
    My video will explain:

14. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    The radio unit.

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You need access to the back of the radio unit in order to unplug your harness and plug in my harness. If taking it out for a minute then putting it back is easier than trying to get access while in place, then sure.

16. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Thanks

17. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I may already have a 296/SF90 base stereo solution. The trouble is getting my hands on documentation as these cars are very new.
    If they use the same NIT as the F8 then I absolutely have harnesses available. BTW I already have component speaker systems available for the 296 and the SF90.
    Will keep you posted.

18. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Thanks, be sure to post for all owners!

19. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here is my first production unit. If your car has the base stereo system and is a 2017 or older, this harness plugs into the back of the NIT so you can add an aftermarket amplifier without cutting any of the wires on your stock harness. Cars newer than 2017 use the harness with the larger connectors (shown in the second image).

FrancisK likes this.
  20. sripuram12

sripuram12 Rookie

Mar 10, 2022
    Full Name:
    dus
  21. gregwang

gregwang Rookie

Oct 23, 2021
    Milpitas, California (Northern California)
    Full Name:
    Greg Wang
    I purchased a complete Focal speaker system
    From Mike at Scuderia Audio a few month back, and I finally had them installed in my 2012 Ferrari California today. And Wow!!!What a day and night difference the Focal speakers sounded compared to the cheaply built stock speakers. The sound of the high end Focal speakers were crisp, and clear with no distortions at a much higher volume!

Mike has been extremely helpful and patient with answering all of our questions about the install, and he made life so much easier for us by fabricating all the needed brackets to mount the Focal speakers to the exiting mounting holes on the car, so there were no cutting, drilling or fabrication needed.

if you’re looking to upgrade your speakers in your Ferrari California and retain the stock look of your car, I highly recommend you reach out to Mike at Scuderia Audio to purchase the awesome Focal speakers system from him. You will be pleasantly surprised and glad you did!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files: