Great Day, ended bad... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Great Day, ended bad...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by djastral69, Mar 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    He's very familiar woth these cars and its not his first rodeo. The runway was just too short for this high speed run.

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm sure he is a great guy, and he was responsible enough to "take it to the track." But c'mon it's not the runways fault!!!!!

This is a straight road with no obstacles. The only thing he had to do. His sole responsibility, his one task, job one...

Go slower!!! If we want to add to that... His second job was to stop sooner.

People make mistakes. Why is it so difficult for people to just own them and move on. Next thing we will see is the runway being sued for failing to do X that would have saved him from himself.

I'm a lawyer... Do you know why we have warnings on coffee cups, thirty page waivers to go on a roller coaster, and a society that treats us like children...because somewhere along the way it just became easier to point a figure than suffer the embarrassment of taking the blame.

He doesn't need to be defended. He didn't do anything to hurt anybody else. He made a mistake and the only one he hurt or even could have hurt was himself. BFD.

Now if his insurance company decides to cover the claim and goes after the airport to recover the damages under some negligence theory.

Well then we all suffer.

Just my .02

3. mrizkallah23

mrizkallah23 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark Rizkallah
    probably not lol

4. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Joe, that's absolutely correct and I couldn't agree more with just about everything you said. Only thing to add is from what I understand he is taking delivery of a Lamborghini Aventador....where will the insurance be then?

5. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    If more people took responsiblity for their own actions, Joe, I believe you just talked your way out of a profession. ;)

Good note btw.

6. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Or in theory the driver could go after the airport. After all in this famous case, the McDonald's coffee was too hot. Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia so the runway was too short.

7. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks, FWIW, I've been talking myself out of this profession since the day I passed the bar ;)

8. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
  9. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Something I would be interested in is where the car is now as there are parts on tat vehicle that many would be interested in.

I know that John from MACarbon did the center tunnel as well as the vents in carbon amongst other items.

10. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    I am late to the party, but have a simple question about the event. Did the speed runs consist of a straight run the airstrip? In other words accelerate as much as you care to, then bring it to a halt. Sounds like it was an amazing event, until this very last run, but I am curious about the event itself -- go in a straight line, and then stop? Is this an established format / common type of event?

Jeff Stein
    Atlanta, GA

11. SEAN@TEAM AI

SEAN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Sep 22, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Sean Smith

This might be for you then.

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

12. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Wow . . . never heard of these kinds of events.

Maybe one lesson is that there is a big difference between a 1-1/2 mile strip and a 0.56 mile strip. I will leave it to the mathematicians to quantify the difference, but seat of the pants tells me it is huge.

I wonder whether they had the official speed trap [last 132 feet in Texas] / read-out signs at Amelia Island.

Jeff

13. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Now.... that is funny.

14. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Well I missed the link up. The part that was just funny, and I wish I could think of stuff like that.

Finally...... A Ferrari 458 I can afford.

I may be using that for a week or so until it gets old and or, out of my system.

15. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    They were straight line runs, a couple slower passes then the all out speed run....which ended not so good.