Great Movie Moments. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Great Movie Moments.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Dec 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I used that just before getting into a fight when I was younger. Almost bit off more than I could chew on that one. I managed to win which is a good thing because if you are gonna be that cocky you better not get thumped. (he did throw me a pretty good beating though)

2. glennm19

glennm19 Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Glenn
    Shawshank Redemption - Tim Robbins escape sequence

Planet of the Apes - "Get your stinking paws off of me, you damn dirty ape"..and the last scene where he sees the Statue of Liberty.

It's a Wonderful Life - great movie and the one scene where Jimmy Stewart is holding his kid and starts to cry

3. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Captain Nemo to Professor Aronnax: "Think of it. On the surface there is hunger and fear. Men still exercise unjust laws. They fight, tear one another to pieces. A mere few feet beneath the waves their reign ceases, their evil drowns. Here on the ocean floor is the only independence. Here I am free! Imagine what would happen if they controlled machines such as this submarine boat. Far better that they think there's a monster and hunt me with harpoons."

4. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Benjamin: Where did you do it?
    Mrs. Robinson: In his car.
    Benjamin: What kind of car was it?
    Mrs. Robinson: Come on now.
    Benjamin: No, I really want to know.
    Mrs. Robinson: A Ford.
    Benjamin: *******, that's great. So old Elaine Robinson got started in a Ford.

5. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Madeleine: Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice.

6. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Juliet Forrest: What are you doing?
    Rigby Reardon: Adjusting your breasts. You fainted and they shifted all out of whack.

7. Single Serving Jack

Nov 15, 2005
    "WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Ok, you are now firing a gun at your 'imaginary friend' near 400 GALLONS OF NITROGLYCERINE!"

8. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    "Frankly, my dear...I don't give a damn!"

"Luke...I am your father!"

:D

9. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    Klytus: "Most effective, Your Majesty. Will you destroy this ... 'Earth'?"
    The Emperor Ming: "Later. I like to play with things a while before annihilation."
    The Emperor Ming: "Pathetic earthlings - hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe - anything at all - you would've hidden from it in terror."
    Zarkov: "We are only interested in friendship. Why do you attack us?"
    The Emperor Ming: "Why not?"
    Princess Aura: "Look! Water is leaking from her eyes."
    The Emperor Ming: "It's what they call tears. It's a sign of their weakness."

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #60 darth550, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #61 snj5, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Casablanca - not a wasted scene in the whole movie, and it has everything: love, adventure, noble causes, sacrifice, history, comedy, the most beautiful woman ever and a guy named Ferrari!

Renault : And what in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
    Rick : My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
    Renault : Waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
    Rick : I was misinformed
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    No one has mentioned the first time they saw Star Wars in 1977. Wasn't that suppost to be epic with how the special effects were. I was to young back then(1 year old). For me there are so many movies that had memorable moments, but the movie that I was in awe the first time I saw it was Jurrasic Park. The scene when they show Brantosaurous, this is first time the main characters saw a real dinasour. The special effects were absolutely amazing.

13. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Bad Boys (Sean Penn version) when he whacks the problem children with a pillowcase full of soda cans.
    BT

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Or how about when Daniel gets in the Crane position ready to take out the last of the Cobra Kai? Classic!
    BT

15. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That first "Hyperspace" was awesome! Every space movie tried to best it for years!

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Agreed. Never saw that coming. It is my favorite movie of the last decade.
    BT

17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Predator.

5 guys unloading about a thousand rounds into the jungle in 30 seconds!

18. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Animal House is one great scene after another!!! An all time CLASSIC!!!

BOONE : Things will be different after I graduate.
    Katie : How will things be different?
    BOONE : After I graduate, I'm gonna get drunk EVERY night!!!!

Katie : I think I'm in love with a retard.
    BOONE : Is he bigger than me???

BLUTARSKY : My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
    OTTER : You should listen to him, he's pre-med!!!

FLOUNDER : Fred's gonna kill me!!! His car is ....
    OTTER : Hey tell ya what... We will swear that you were taking excellent care of Fred's car. And you parked it out in front of the house. The next morning, the car was gone!! Your brother reports the car stolen to his insurance company, and insurance buys him a new car!!!
    FLOUNDER : Do you think that'll work???
    OTTER : Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth!!!!

19. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I remember as a kid back in 1977 Star Wars and Close Encounters were released around the same time. I never got into the Star Wars saga because it just seemed to unbelievable and silly to me. However, I loved Close Encounters because, in my mind, I could see how that movie could become reality. That said, there are plenty of far-fetched films that I really enjoy.

I guess I was one of the few 10 year olds who preferred Close Encounters to Star Wars.

20. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Many favorite moments but he one that came to mind: "Heeeeeeres' Johnny!".... Jack Nicholson, The Shining.

Yeah, agree totally..probably my single most mind-blown movie moment, on the big screen in 1977! You would think they might have learned something in special effects by StarTrek: Next Gen, ten years later. The new Enterprise is traveling god knows how much faster than light and the stars are floating by like other cars on a freeway.

There were some believable hyperlight effects in one of the Star Trek movies with the original cast...I think it was "Search for Spock", where Kirk and Co. steal the Enterprise and have to get out fast.

21. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    In the Mad magazine version of the movie, the Enterprise leaves the space-drydock and goes Warp-1. Two spacesuited techs at the drydock observe. One says, "Wow - look at all those colors!" The other says, "Yeah, we were painting the emblems, and someone forgot to take the paint cans off the ship before it left." :D

That was the same lampoon in which Uhura asks Chekov why Spock is such a sourpuss when he arrives on the bridge. C answers, "Oh, he's just pissed because he could never make it in any other role than this one." ;)

Mad jerked Star Wars around too:

The cantina scene, Luke to Obi-wan: "Funny, this is usually how the people in a bar look after I've had a few drinks ..."

The Millennium Falcon approaching the Death Star:
    Obi-wan to Han Solo: "Turn away! Turn away!"
    Solo: "I can't - they've got their X-9 Nuclear Hoovermatic on 'Full Suck'!"

In the trash compactor:
    Luke on his communicator: "Threepio! Shut this thing down!"
    In his earpiece: "Hello, this is C-3PO. I cannot come to the phone just now, but if you'll leave a message, I'll get back to you."

Luke & Leia swinging across a chasm in the Death Star:
    Leia: "Who arranged for you to have that handy wire grappling hookline on your belt just now?"
    Luke: "The same guys who arranged for 50 Stormtroopers to fire at us from ten feet away and all miss."

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Rachane - did you ever see the one for Planet of the Apes in '73 or '74?

I believe it went something like:
    "If you'd gone another 1,000,000 miles, you would've landed on the Planet of the Diseased Water Buffaloes."

23. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    invasion sequence of Independence Day

24. Rachane

Rachane Formula 3

Sep 5, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Rachane
    :D

I also remember the one for Battlestar Galactica, wherein one Cylon in a Raider asked his copilot, "How come everytime we shoot at a Colonial Viper, we miss, while every time a Viper shoots at us, they hit us?" The other Cylon said, "Well, If you've got only one red eye going from side to side all the time, it's pretty tough to aim at anything."

And of course The Exorcist, wherein a psychiatrist visits Regan, who's sitting in bed reading Mein Kampf:
    Psy to Regan's mom: "She's just a sweet little girl, who I'm sure will grow up to be a nurse or a schoolteacher or -"
    Regan: "- Why don't you go and ^&*( yourself, you #$%^!"
    Psy: "- or a truck driver."

25. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    "Come on big "D" FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"