Great News for 308, 328, 348 and F355 Owners - Scuderia Shields are finally HERE!! | FerrariChat

Great News for 308, 328, 348 and F355 Owners - Scuderia Shields are finally HERE!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nero308, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    I know many of you are sooooo tired of seeing the topic on the scuderia shields. But, it tells me that many uf us are still interested in either owning the pair of OEM shields, which could cost anywhere between $1,680.00 ~ $2,400.00. There are a couple of shields the sellers claim replica shields made out of either metal or brass and are sold for $250 ~ @350.00 for the pair. They are much nicer than the stickers, resin-sticker, magnet stick-on, etc. But, if you compare with the OEM shields, there are obvious and noticeable differences. So, here's my question. How much would you pay for the "exact" replica pair, which you will not be able to tell the differenbce from the OEM? What price would you feel comfortable paying for such superbly-made cloned shields?

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    They would be in violation of applicable copywrite laws...

That is why the ones you can buy that are not original look different,
    so they won't get sued.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I have to disagree - copyright laws aside... There are many Glass Clossion (sp) replicas that are exact - and I mean down to the finite detail of the $1600 factory ones - for 250 - Look at my Avatar... After I had a set of factory ones ripped off - I went to knock off's (and even used auto 2 sided tape - that way if someone really wants it - they don't have to damage the car to get them off).

I do have a few sets that are not exact - but those were about 150 each - but good quality... I actually found a few replicas (which are not exact) - since I use 2 sided tape - I have a pair on right now that have a chrome horse rather than black - and I actually like it best of any so far - it stands out a little less and I like the chrome look.

After having the original - I cannot see spending nearly 2K for something that if someone wants to will rip it off.. Go with the knock offs... That is unless you have ordered it with the car and the shields are "embossed" into the metal - which is a different story.

There is a maker that is in Ferrari Ads which has a great replica and it is the glass type... for around 250...

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Contact Paul Bianco for a beautiful pair for $225.Put them on my 575-looks great.

5. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Should not pay more than $50 each. This piece of tin is a ripoff. Just go to a belt bucket person and have them make it . You can do the baked enamal once the shield is made. Just copy the orig. If you can buy a rolex for $20 you surely can find someone to make these for $50 bucks. Someone have a china connection?

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

HEY!! CAN YOU POST SOME PICS OF CHROME ONES, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM!! THE ONES ON MY 308 NEED TO BE REPLACED!!! so i am " looking" for a set. thanks!!

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    #7 richard_wallace, May 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are a few... This is the oddest photo conumdrum I have had - So I go out to take the picture - digital 4mp camera - flash and all the goodies - but point and shoot for the most part... So I did a few close ups of the shields... Come in download - and they look black as can be... So I go out and tweak a few settings, etc. Still look blackish - so I am thinking they are not going to see the chrome color at all... So I took off the flash... Same issue (as you can see in one of the pictures).. I actually had to unfocus a little to get so you can see the chrome horse. The SF is black at the bottom BTW... I think I got these for 160 from an autoshow.. They weight 10oz each - which I thought would be heavy for the 2 sided tape - but not a problem... My black horse ones are 8 oz's each and got those on ebay for around 125...

Rich
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    Believe me, I have purchased every replica (Nick's and Paul's Baracat), sticker, resin sticker, magnetic shields offered in the market. Though I personally liked the Nick's shields, I was not "completely" satisfied with their "authenticity". Now I can tell what are the differences compared with the OEM shield as I also purchased the OEM one to study its details. I am convinced that, with my personal network, I can make the replica, of which appearance and size are exactly the same as the OEM one. Of course, the lay suit wull be a problem. I can make the thickness thinner for my replica so that it will not stick out as the most people will not make the recess to their fenders. Any idea how much you will spend for my shields (a pair) looking 99% identical to the OEM?

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i am sure if you have a word with some local teenagers they will source you some genuine ones for 50 bucks

10. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    OK so make the 1st one and run a photo here and then we'll look at pricing.

11. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    $1,680.00 ~ $2,400.00.

Is that how much they cost? Can't imagine they're that expensive!

12. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron

Ofcourse these are realistic prices. It all varies with the car you are driving.

Pull up in a 308, you pay $1,680. Pull up in an F40, F50 or ENZO, your F*$#ed..

When you place your order, don't tell them what you have.
    :)

13. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    #13 Nero308, May 31, 2004
  14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Let's cut the 20 questions......how much do you want for these M.F.'s?

15. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    yea, ill buy a set of the clone , or i am going to start hunting for the chrome ones!!! i really like the chrome ones!

16. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    I am still contemplating what price I should sell them for . $400 - $450 a pair, maybe. For FerrariChat members, I will certainly sell them at the discounted price. What do you think?

17. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    WOW
    thoes are good!
    How much and where do I send the money?

18. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I have never checked in detail the OEMs, but I'd have to say the second one might be it. The chroming around the "nostrils" seems finer, as well as the whole chrome pinstriping (particularly on top, where the green/white/red are).

This being said, I just pointed out a couple differences that I had to look for. Both look great, and if someone has to stare at your shield for 10 mins to tell it's a knock-off, then I say it's an awesome deal, especially if it costs a grand less!!

That's a real nice job (although they're only in pics)

19. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    #20 Nero308, May 31, 2004
  20. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    in the top pic , i think the one on the bottom right is the oem ferrari one, not that i would not take any of the others!!

21. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    thecarrereaper, sorry! The OEM one is the one on the left in the photo on the bottom. Also, in the upper photo I have placed a total of 6 shields for comparison, the OEM shield is the rfar right on the top. Nice try!

22. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool!!! got me !!! lol

23. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    So, my question still remains... How much would you be willing to pay for the pair of such beautifully made cloned shields? Also, in order to avoid violating the legality issues such as trademark(?), what would you suggest I do to make it different from the OEM yet not destroying the degree of its perfection. Anyone??

24. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This is not a good idea.