Great recovery drive | FerrariChat

Great recovery drive

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by NeuroBeaker, Apr 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have no idea whether this is an amateur or pro series, as I came across it in a YouTube recommendation. A mishap occurs on lap 1 and then what follows is a really great recovery drive:

Enjoy! :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

pdxjim488 and mdrums like this.
  2. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    yeah that was pretty darn good, 2nd to 25th after being squeezed then back to 1st.
    SCCA Spec Racer

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  3. LuigiVampa

LuigiVampa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I'm going to be a little bit of a jerk here. It's a cool video but this guy would need to be an otherworldy great driver to win the race from 25th in a spec car.

Remember, all these cars are supposed to be exactly the same. Granted, he is not slouch and appears to be a very good driver, but I don't see how he could catch the leaders. His closing speeds, even without a draft, were much higher.

Perhaps he is a really awesome driver and deserves that win. I can tell you from having driven in a spec series if you spin like that you never catch the leaders.

Just my opinion and I could very well be wrong.

4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Entertaining video, my arms are tired just from watching.
    It didn't feel like 23 minutes.
    Thanks for posting