Griot's catalog cover | FerrariChat

Griot's catalog cover

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GaryReed, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I just got word that my car will be appearing on their "summer" catalog mailing out on June 28. It was originally scheduled for this month's May cover, but they decided to hold it back for the larger summer issue, according to Mark.

Here's a test photo from the shoot without the logos/text that will appear on the cover.

Pics of photo shoot at: http://groups.msn.com/GaryReed/griots.msnw

2. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Very, very cool!

3. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Thats a great shot Gary........Is that the final image that will be used?........I like it.

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Kuzi,

Yep, that's the general layout that they are using for their cover (less text/logos).

The colors are not very good in that image though, because I scanned a Polaroid photo that they gave me at the photo shoot. They use Polariods for test shots, before they take the final pictures with a large format "film" camera.

Griot's is ordering a large poster size image of the catalog cover from their printer for me to hang in my garage. That should be very cool!

5. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    That's the second one. Before you know it, you will have your garage wall decked out in your own car - very cool indeed.

6. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    Nice! I might just keep this issue.

7. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Gary I'll make sure this is the Cover I'll use the inside cover of the Conoours program!

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Brian,

That would be great, I would love to see it in the Italian Concours d' Elegance program! I'm planning on displaying the Boxer and the Fiat in your show this year.

------------------------
    Albert,

I don't know what you mean by, "that's the second one" ? I've only ordered one poster of the catalog cover from Griot's.

9. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Thought they sent you one already...

10. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nope, I don't have one yet. Their catalog printing company will be printing me a high res, full color, poster sized print the same time they print the catalog run.

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations! Good to see one of our own on the cover of Griots. Shot looks fabulous.

12. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mark at Griot's just emailed me this final production proof this morning. The catalog will start being mailed nationwide on June 28.

This is exactly how the cover will look before they add their logo and text bar.

Man, the car sure looks -RED-!

13. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    Looking forward to getting it. Maybe I should get an autograph from the car owner.