GROUP BUY: Extended Length Shock Eye Paper Weights | Page 3 | FerrariChat

GROUP BUY: Extended Length Shock Eye Paper Weights

Discussion in '308/328' started by Verell, Mar 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Yeah, if he put the 3 rotor engine in it, he could pull the trailer too!

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Umm,
    The trailer weighs in at about 2000 - 2200 lbs, the Rx7 @2700... Talk about the tail wagging the dog...

The Rx7 needs more than TLC, it would take big $$ to get it to pass MA emissions & rebuild the suspension.

I think I'm going to put fresh gas in it & put it up as a 'parts only' sale. Wish I'd taken that $3500 a kid offered me for it last winter...

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Just responded to eMAIL from the machine shop, apparently something held up shipping(sigh).

Anyway, gave them my FedEx acct # & they should go out tomorrow. If so, good chance I'll be able to press the eyes in this weekend, & start shipments early next week.

4. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #54 Verell, May 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They look even better than I expected. Bet you could put a mirror finish on one in no time flat!!!

I'll press eyes into them this weekend, they should ship early next week. Thanks for being patient, I think you'll agree that these were worth waiting for!!!

BTW, You'll get eMAIL ship notification.

Just pressed the polyurethane eyes into 1. Here's proof that it'll hold down a stack of paper:
    ;^)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Those look sooo SWEEET!

I think I'll stop by the Unobtainium office this Sunday to help pack them.;)

Anybody going be in the office this Sunday??

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Daaammmnnn! Yahoooo! Those look bit#$'n!

Hey, I'll be able to say that my Ferrari has a "custom" suspension setup!

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Makes me want to buy a set, just to actually use them as paperweights!

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    PAPERWEIGHT IPMENTS START EARLY NEXT WEEK

AN OOPS!!!
    However, some people who ordered these also ordered QA1 adapter bushings. I just found out that my supplier sent me incorrect retaining rings & I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out yesterday.

If you want me to go ahead & ship your paperweights separately from your bushing kits, pls send me eMAIL.

Otherwise I'll ship them when I receive the correct retaining rings in. See:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87413

9. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    SHIPPED: All orders that did NOT also have a bushing kit!!!

They went out on various days this week. The last one will go out tomorrow AM.

BTW, you all should all read Birdman's latest post to this thread if you're installing QA1 shocks:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134442

10. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    The clip rings that were holding up orders w/bushing kits came in today, so shipments will start ASAP.

Yes, I do still have a few extra paperweights, will honor the group buy price while they last. See ordering instructions earlier in this thread.

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    All bushing kits on order went out USPS Priority Mail yesterday AM. If I had your eMAIL you should have received eMAIL from the post office.

If you're a late-comer:
    Yes, I still have a FEW more 4-wheel kits, also have a few paper weights... Will honor the group buy prices while they last.

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Verell...wanted to let you know that I received the paperweights and holy crap those look good!! Thank you!!

13. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    Verell,

My koni's and springs have sagged to the point that the front wheel has ruined my front fender by ripping out the lip.

Soooo, I'm about to order some QA-1's

Do you still have some paperweights available? If so, then please sign me up for a pair!!!!

Thanks

Hans
    Euro GT4 - in Europe

14. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    P.S. And I could use a set of bushings too!

15. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Yes, I have a few extra bushing kits & paperweights. Will honor the group buy prices while they last.

16. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Verell,

I need a pair of the paperweights and 4-wheel kit of the all SS bushings. Got any left? I also sent you a PM.

Thanks.

17. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    #67 Impactco, Jul 6, 2007
  18. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Mike, those look very handy.

And i see you have Birdman's "bookmarker" too. ;)

19. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I knew they'd solve the flipping manual pages problem. Nice to see an 'in use' photo!!!

20. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
  21. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    I've been re-reading the various (numerous!) posts/threads regarding the paperweights etc. Just about everyone's paper seems to be grade 308. I'm using grade 328 paper so I'm not sure if the paperweights are needed or will work.

Has anyone installed QA-1 shocks on grade 328 paper? Were there any complications?

Will the QA1 BUSHINGS definitely work with grade 328 paper? Has anyone actually used them? My paper was produced in late 1987 but has a watermark of 1988 and due to humidity is concave as opposed to convex.

(geeezzz, anyone reading this that's not familiar with the topic must be wondering....)

22. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Anyone?

23. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    #73 Impactco, Aug 9, 2007
    According to what I have read the pre-1988.5 328's have the same suspension setup as the 308 and should work with the paperweight/QA-1 combo. Check out this thread with photos:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159363&highlight=328+suspension

If your front upper A-arms look like the one in this photo (note the big round hole), you should be good to go.

As a side note, I am putting my front suspension complete with paperweights, new stainless brake lines and urethane swaybar bushings back together today. The rears are done. I should have the car on the ground this afternoon. The "getting the QA-1 ride height correct" party begins now :)

24. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Thanks Mike. I need to check my front A-arms.

25. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    #75 Impactco, Aug 10, 2007
    I got everything back together and the car on the ground. The pics are how the fronts look including a close up of how the paperweight provides sufficient A-arm clearance - BRILLIANT!

Verell, you da man!!!!!!!!!!

The car is completely transformed with the new shocks, ES sway bar bushings and stainless lines:). I ended up going with 325 10 inch front/275 12 inch rear Eibach springs. With the shock adjusters on 8 clicks the car is nice and firm but not brutal. It took several times on the lift and wheel on/off cycles to get the ride height set at 26.5" at the top of the wheel arch at all 4 corners. The spring perches are set pretty much at the top of the adjustment range in the back and about 1/2 way up in the front. It has settled about 1/2 inch since the initial setup. Since I don't plan to ever track the car, I'm not going to worry about corner weighting and simply adjusted the ride height for good cosmetic effect and provision of clearance for my PITA euro deep spoiler.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)