For Sale - Group buy for 458 Challenge Fuel cells. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale Group buy for 458 Challenge Fuel cells.

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by windsock, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Yes I am around. PM you my contact info. 360 and 430 cells are the same units. I would also recommend doing the pumps and carefully inspecting the wiring.

2. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    So I ended up buying a 991 GT3 Cup car instead of the Challenge, and I just had to do the fuel cell replacement - it was an absolute bear to wrestle into through the tiny aperture.
    Take a look at the first few photos - that was the state of the fuel cell before the swap. I suddenly was getting low fuel pressure warnings, power cut, fuel starvation etc under full throttle. Opened up the cell to find these horrors. I'm guessing the foam had never been replaced since it was new in 2015, it had completely disintegrated and clogged up the fuel pumps.
    The bladder was leaking as well, when I removed it there was a pool of gasoline inside the carbon skin/exterior tank, and all of the rubber cell was covered in white splotches indicating fuel had dried there on the outside.

I replaced it with a brand new bladder, all new pumps, new hoses, new wiring harness etc. My suggestion after researching this extensively is try and use fuel with the lowest ethanol concentration possible. ATL told me their stuff was good for up to E20, but there's still accelerated degredation going on at that point. Sunoco 260 GTX is 98 octane and ethanol free.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Performify likes this.
  3. MEGACHAD

MEGACHAD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHAD AALDERS
    Any update on these fuel cells? Any available for the 458 chellenge car? I believe I am in need of one for my 2015. Best to do it before things start going poorly.

4. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    They are available. They are made to order as they due have a 5 years life from the production date. Currently 4-6 weeks from time of order.