Group Buy: QA1 Coil-over Shock Bushings | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Group Buy: QA1 Coil-over Shock Bushings

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Owens84QV, Dec 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #101 Verell, Mar 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    GOOD NEWS:
    As I've been promising in this thread:
    I'm opening a new group buy for the adapter bushings that let you use QA1 Coil-Over shocks on your 308s & non convex wheel 328s.

GROUP BUY ENDS: Friday, 30-APRIL. The sets should ship about 2 weeks after the group buy ends.

BAD NEWS: PRICE IS A BIT HIGHER
    I've got quotes from several machine shops. & metric HW suppliers. The price of Stainless Steel has gone up significantly across the board, as has the $-GBP exchange rate. However, sourcing them from the same machine shop as last year is still a better price than I've been able to find anywhere else.

The prices below assume that at least 6 4-wheel sets are ordered. I've already got eMAIL requests for 2 sets, so we just need 4 more participants.

This Group Buy Price is: $160.27 = $148.32/4-wheel set + $11.95 shipping & insurance.

I'll take a $100 deposit via PayPal, or you can pay the full amount using: MO, business or personal check. Heck, I'll even take cash if you can get it to me safely!

To use PayPal, just send payment to the eMAIL address below for [GOODS(other)], use the SUBJ: below, & include your address & phone # in the comments field.

I MUST have your address as the shipping companies require it, especially if you're in Canada or outside the US.

To place your order by check, etc, please send eMAIL with your shipping address & Phone#:

TO: [email protected]

SUBJ: ORDER: 4-Wheel Set of QA-1 Shock Bushings

I'll respond with Unobtainium's mail address.

BTW, these threads show how they're used:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Meant to say the group buy ends in ~ 2 weeks on Friday, 30-MARCH, NOT 30-APRIL as in the previous post.

Also, I MUST have a phone # as the shipping companies require it these days for insured packages. Also, it's manndatory for all internationsl shipments, even to Canada.

My apologies, my fingers were obviously faster than my brain. Early Alzheimers I guess.

3. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Sent e-mail.:)

Thanks Verell

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't know why I never followed the original thread?? I had a set of bushings made at a local machine shop but they don't look anywhere near as good as these. Sign me up for a set. Pay-pal sent! Just added one more thing to work on!!

Thanks Verell for putting this together again.

John

5. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    And payment too.:)

6. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Tnx for the compliment. BTW, The machining on the final bushing is better than the proto in the picture. The final ones are done on a CNC lathe.

Did I post that everything is made from corrosion resistant Stainless Steel...

7. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Nice!:)

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    WOW!!!
    Just got a request from Hong Kong for a set!!!

Also, I've gone out on a limb & ordered bushings from the machine shop to speed up delivery after the buy closes the end of this week...

9. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    In case you're not in yet, remember, the group buy ends midnite PST Friday, 30-MARCH.

10. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've placed the order + a few extras in case someone forgot to get their order in.

Am awaiting a ship date from the machine shop.

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    The bushings should ship tomorrow. I've received & paid the invoice from the machine shop, so they're on their way. They're coming from England, usual shipping time is about 1 to 1.5 weeks. I've all the hardware here waiting for them. The bushing sets should ship the Saturday after I receive them.

As I mentioned before, I did order a few extra sets, so if you want in just send payment per the instructions posted earlier in this thread.

12. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Is not Verell.....THEE man?

Thanx (you rock deee haus,....BIG TIME !!)

-L

PS: now. to confirm proper spring length, rate, mfg. (Eibach ?) for our individual cars.

13. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Yes, He is "Da Man"!

14. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've just finished kitting the 4 wheel sets up. I this used up all my free time this weekend. Next weekend I'll print invoices, box them up & print out shipping lables, so they should be 'in the mail early the following week. You'll receive eMAIL notification when your order ships.

15. F&M racing

F&M racing Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    JimF
    Do you have any sets left, I just notice this thread today.

Jim

16. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    YES,
    I have several more sets, figured there'd be late-comers. Will honor this price until they run out.

See ordering instructions earlier in this thread.

17. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Shipments start early next week, you'll be getting eMAIL notification when yours ships.

18. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I took a kit to a local Ferrari gettogether at Birdman's yesterday to show it off. Someone said they couldn't see how the clip rings worked. I said they just slipped over the bushing & they said 'no, they can't, the eyes are inside the rings'...

I took one look & realized that the kit had 'internal' retaining rings when it should have had external ones. I'd had my son assemble the kits & neither of us spotted the difference in the rings... When I got home, I checked & every kit had internal rings!!!

I just verified that I did order the correct rings, so my supplier blew it. I'll call my supplier tomorrow AM & get the correct rings coming ASAP. I just can't believe that I didn't spot the rings when they came in a few weeks ago.

Lead time on SS rings is usually 1-2 weeks, but I'll see if I can pay extra to get them expedited.

Sure hope they'll take the internal rings back, otherwise I'm stuck with over $100 worth of internal rings I have no use for(sigh)...

19. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    My supplier was very apologetic. He verified that my previous order was correctly booked. So apparently something went wrong when packing it up & the parts were pulled from the wrong bin.

They're being expedited from Europe, he'll ship them to me on either May 15th, or 16th. I should receive them either the 18th, or 19th. Will need a day to redo the kits & print out address lables.

I've got everything in poly bags & in the boxes, even have the invoices printed, so just need count out the rings, put them in the kit bags, print address lables & seal the boxes.

Again, my apologies for not spotting the error.

20. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Verell,

Bummer about the mix up, but no worries. I just got an email that my Eibach springs are shipping today. By the time I receive them, assemble etc. and find the time to disassemble the suspension, the kits should be shipping. Good things come to those who wait (and I'm certain these are good things)

Cheers,

-L

21. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Hey guys,

I had gone over to Verells to pick up my goodie bag (cause I'm cheap and didn't want to pay shipping:D) and was shown the mistake they had done.

Verell was really upset about it. But what can you do.:(

Well, at least i got to visit "the man" :)

Just hang in there everybody.

22. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Supplier Confirmed clip rings shipped Wed. Should come in today. If so, will ship kits Monday.

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Yup,
    the clip rings were waiting for me when I got home!!!!

Will begin kitting after breakfast tomorrow AM. Hopefull wil get some of your orders to the post office before it closes. The rest should ship Monday AM.

24. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
  25. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Have had a couple of eMAILs on how the spacing washers install.

The bushings seem to vary a bit in height, hence multiple washers. Put a thick washer against the poly bushing, & 0, 1, or 2 thin ones as necessary to take up all slack inside the retaining rings. Try to keep the number of washers the same on each side to ensure the shock is centered on the bushing.

SOLD OUT:
    BTW, just shipped the last bushing kit to a member in Canada. Is there enough interest to get another group buy going?