News

(Grumble) Can't Believe It's Going to Rain Tomorrow

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Mar 5, 2004.

1. ghost

ghost F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Of course it has to be this way. Getting delivery of my lovely today, and thought that I would stretch her legs tomorrow as well as get some logistical stuff out of the way (emissions test, license plate, etc.) but of course its anticipated to be rainy and gray all day. Warm and wet tomorrow. Dry and cold on Sunday. Sunday it is. I will have to relegate myself to just drool at her in the garage tomorrow. Perhaps I'll just pull up chair and open a bottle... :D

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Congrats to you Vik!!!! It's always cool when you finally get your baby to her new home. As for the rain, well, look at it this way, it is washing all the salt and sand off the roads for you. Mother Nature is doing her best to roll out the red carpet for you and your new ride!!! I guess she likes Ferraris too!!! In the meantime, you've got the right idea... CHEERS!!!!!!!

4. ghost

ghost F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks very much for your kind thoughts Dwight -- I think that's a great way to look at the situation. Everybody on the forum has been great. Look forward to riding with you soon (beautiful car BTW). I assume others are also getting drive withdrawal symptoms as well.

5. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I feel your pain! I'm taking delivery of my '00 360 on Monday up in Boston and driving her down to NYC, and the forecast is for "light snow". But it's supposed to be sunny on Sun & Tues, so maybe it's a fluke...(wishful thinking).

If it's nice on Tuesday, want to go for a "holy-crap-we-just-got-our-new-fcars" drive?

nlh

6. ghost

ghost F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations Noah!! Lets definitely do something soon, as I'm iching to drive mine too. I'll probably have to do something in the evening though as Tuesday is shaping up to be a busy day at work. Are you going to be keeping your car in the city as well, as a few of us cuckoos are?!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Post some pics ASAP. Thanks

9. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Good Luck with the cars! I remember that feeling of waiting.......

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Vic that's GREAT you're getting the car. Don't worry the NICE weather is around the corner. Congrats

11. ghost

ghost F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Many thanks sir. Pictures coming shortly.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Take the car out anyway. The car won't melt in the rain and most likely has been in rain before. NO big deal. Good luck with the new car and enjoy it!

14. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Here here...listen to the man Vik!

I'm driving the 360 down from Boston on Monday sun, rain, snow, or ... ok, maybe not hail, but you get the idea....:)

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Vik, congratulations, please post pictures whenever you get a chance...

Not to be morbid but merely to make a point: you never when your last day is on earth; rain won't hurt it; take 'er out and enjoy yourself...

Again, congratulations...

16. frank

frank Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    i hope i see your 355 soon in one of our gathering like last week.

17. ghost

ghost F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    You betcha Frank. Heck, we only get a chance to drive them for 7 - 8 months anyway. And I know you're going to bring your gorgeous 575M to every one too, right! :D

Everybody, pictures posted here.