GT California. Like/Dislike. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

GT California. Like/Dislike.

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by RussianM3_dude, May 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

GT California styling.

1. Love it

2. Hate it

3. Indifferent

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    #226 RC33, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. marinelo

marinelo Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'll have to reserve judgment until I actually see a California in person, but so far I like the M better too.

3. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #228 2MS, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
    I like it. It takes getting used to like the 612 (IMHO), but overall it has the appeal of a "Ferrari" and that's makes it special.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #229 PSk, Jun 24, 2008
    This California looks just like a current Mercedes wearing a different badge. The Maserati would get my money, great looking car, pretty much the same underneath AND great badge too.

All you guys that like this car are just badge struck ... very sad. Enzo used to laugh at some of his customers, funny to see the tradition continue. Why Ferrari don't just purchase somebody elses production car and glue on their badge is beyond me ... make a fortune :).
    Pete

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep badge struck :).

Any purchase should be considered on merit ... not just on brand name IMHO.
    Pete

6. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    haha, I thought Enzo put Ferrari badge on a bunch of Alpha Romeo race cars to start his business? :p I agree with you though, the convertible Maserati GT with true 4 seater capability is more appealing to me than the California at this point. The GT is a better looking car than many Ferraris on the lot.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #232 PSk, Jun 24, 2008
    No Scuderia Ferrari raced Alfa Romeos, badged as Alfa Romeos. He put his companies/teams shield on the sides, that is all.

Read up on what Enzo thought of his road cars and you will understand what I meant. No great love of them, they were a necessary evil to finance his racing. He thus (especially in the early days) made them as cheap as possible and sold them at the highest cost. Some were even old flogged out race cars rebodied. He treated his road car customers with contempt ... and because of that they thought he was somebody special and craved his attention. Clever man.

This still works today, people fall over themselves to own a Ferrari because they think the rest of the population will suddenly think they are more worthwhile as a person than they were before ... people who are comfortable with themselves buy a car, others buy the badge. I suspect that badge buyers massively out weigh car buyers with new Ferraris ... thus does it really matter how ugly (my opinion) the new car is?
    Pete

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thats sex on wheels and so is the coupe. Cant say the same for the Cali.

9. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just exchange tires, the rest impressive

10. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Length: 4.56 m
    Width: 1.90 m
    Height:?

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #236 VisualHomage, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
    To be honest, both Maserati and Alfa Romeo models look better than some recent Ferraris. I do like the F149. However, technically all of these cars are Fiats with shared engine platforms. Since the demise of the Dino-platformed 360, Ferrari has been a truly shared and borrowed car as Alfa and Maser use similar if not some of the same components. It's like an exotic version of what General Motors has done since it's inception. Fiat is the "General."

And with the emergence of blatant labeling of clothes and computers and soap and whatever else, Ferrari is really an advertising venue whose focus is no longer only on cars. Whether this is "good" or "bad" is up to the individual to decide. But the prancing horse might as well be the Nike "swash" or Coca-Cola's "curve." You see it, you buy it like a trained dog.

12. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    Can you say Mondial? (Sorry Mondial fans) What will the Cali's be worth in 20 years? The tops start to break, they get neglected from owners who can't afford the services, etc.... we'll be looking at $40,000 Ferrari's.

The styling is really bad. Those rear quarter panels are horrendous. I like the Maser better, but I don't care for it much either.

- Bill

13. veloce92

veloce92 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2007
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Aussie
    I'd rather get the Maser or the Alfa 8C, when it gets here...but then I am no in the situation to buy any of the three! I would be happy with a Cali, if any Fchat members grow tired of thiers and feel like donating theirs.

14. Infinity_Racer

Infinity_Racer Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gus B
    Manual tranny is definitely a must in the California!

But hopefully an option for this car is a carbon fiber trim.

IMO, it makes the interior 'stand out'

15. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    1.308 m

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I could not disagree with you more. Modern Ferrari's are so much better in all repects than the cars from the 70-90's. Drive and compare! Also drive any Maser or Alfa or Fiat and compare that with a 430, 599, 612!

There is no comparison. Ferrari's have gotten so much better. They are not getting distracted or diluted. They are changing. This is hard for people who dont like to change with the times.

17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    An forget soul and history with impersonal models.Look the vintage price and you ll undersand which one make Ferrari.Today,it s just up to date product and everybody ll forget this new california but not the original...(for the 430 & others actuals Fcars, it ll be just the next generation),