GT3 RS | Page 233 | FerrariChat

GT3 RS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by joe sackey, Oct 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
  2. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Boomhauer and NürScud like this.
  3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Boomhauer likes this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #5807 joe sackey, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    3.6 RS number WPOAC29907S792609 was special-ordered by longtime VIP Porsche collector Jerry Seinfeld directly via Porsche Cars North America in Carrara White (B4) with graphics-delete, Black full leather, Black wing end-plates (CNR), Black side mirrors (CNZ), Black 19” GT3 RS wheels (CRY), PCCB ceramic composite brakes (450), Bi-Xenon Headlamp package (P74), and Carbon trim (X69 & XMJ).

It's Porsche Cars North America Certificate of Origin generated on June the 19th 2007 states shipping weight with fluids stated as 3,168 lbs with horsepower @ 415.

The Beverly Hills Porsche PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) page in the warranty book is stamped June the 25th 2007 and signed by Jerry Seinfeld, the RS noted as having just 4 miles on the odometer on that day.

This RS was driven extensively and meticulously maintained by Seinfeld on his personalized California plates ‘997 RS’ for @ 5 years from 2007 to 2012 for covering 5,000 miles as Porsche Beverly Hills maintenance records show. He featured it on the HBO TV comedy series ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ in a 2009 episode ‘The Bare Midriff’ (season 7, episode 6), Seinfeld is shown getting into the RS at the end of a conversation with Larry David, and driving off.

Seinfeld sold it in 2012 to Seinfeld TV show writer Spike Feresten

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Finlander and NürScud like this.
  8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    NürScud and Sterling Sackey like this.
  9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    great provenance! I like the spec too. very "stealth"

11. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats! Nice pick up.

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you guys

13. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Love this car - the 997 platform is really the perfect size for a modern 911, and the raw nature of these cars compared to the "bank vault" feel of the 991 is something special. Surprisingly the suspension has a beautiful compliance in the normal mode, and the engine is highly tractable at low revs (despite the typical single-mass flywheel chatter), I can see why Mr. Seinfeld chose to put so many miles on this car compared to the rest of his fleet!

NürScud, E_Man and joe sackey like this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  15. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

997.1 GT3 vs. GT3 RS

16. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Some interesting 997.1 RS color info from expert Z356 on Rennlist:

PTS was US $4,315 in the US for 997.1 GT3 RS. 'Carrara White' was considered PTS for that model since it was not part of the original 'RS Green/RS Orange/Silver/Black' color offerings. 'Carrara White' was the only PTS allowed on the .1 997 gt3 RS. We have come a long way, baby!

'RS Green' & 'RS Orange' were 'special color' and its cost was US $3,140.

'Arctic Silver' was an extra cost Metallic at US$690.

'Black' was a N/C $0.00 as a standard color.

joe sackey likes this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think Porsche Ag's packaging of their special-series 3.6 RS cars with a small range of signature colors was a good idea, it lent the cars an exclusive identity from other 997s and thus afforded them instant recognition, plus, it avoided all of the PTS selections we have seen in recent times which frankly do the cars no favors.

Meanwhile I had no idea Jerry had to break out the big bucks to get his white 3.6 RS.

NürScud likes this.
  18. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Now that you have (had?) both a 997.1 RS and a 997.2 RS -- how do they compare!?

19. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#5819 Sterling Sackey, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    They both retain the same character - the firm but road-friendly ride, the noises associated with the Mezger engine and the RS-specific single-mass flywheel, the heavy yet precise gearshift and clutch, the immense power and tractability from the engine, the lightweight feel and tight 997 body size, etc.

There are some small detail changes like the gearing in the 3.8, but I would simply go with the car that speaks to you most aesthetically - or, better yet, buy the best car of either version that you can find. The .1 is the rarer of the two, but they are all great cars!

joe sackey likes this.
  20. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks! I have the issue of owning a 997.1 gt3. The issue being with the price delta of getting into an RS (either a .1 or .2 RS). I could ship the car to Sharkwerks and get a 3.9 rebuild done. 1st world problems!!!

21. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

To me the RS changes add so much character, the single-mass flywheel alone gives a racing sensation that simply can't be matched by most other sports cars

22. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Driving video with the .1 RS, great sounds

joe sackey likes this.
  23. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    By the way what happened with GT3 RS Registry? Any news?

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually, we have had 4.0 RS, 3.8 RS and now 3.6 RS, so we have had all the 997 RS variants.

They are all special in their own way and have individual spec & character, but on the road not much separates them.

No need to change a thing with the 3.6 RS, its is perfection the way the factory has provided it to us.

I wish I knew!

25. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Yes I knew you had the 4.0 as well. I was just curious for the .1 rs and .2 rs comparison as those are actually attainable for me at some point. 4.0 probably not!

I agree on not changing RS -- my issue is that mine is non-RS. So for $50k I could trade up to .1 RS, or I could send it to sharkwerks and get the 3.9 conversion. I love the look of my non-rs car right now. HREs, lowered a bit, it has the perfect stance. However, I also love the .1 RS but only in white or RS green. Maybe when you are ready to sell yours ;)