GT4 interior refurb - which bits are leather? | FerrariChat

GT4 interior refurb - which bits are leather?

Discussion in '308/328' started by GT4andMore, Aug 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi,
    I am just about to start reinstalling the interior on my Euro spec, RhD, GT4. It was supplied with a full black leather interior. The seats and centre console are clearly leather however I am unsure how much of the rest of the interior is leather, if any, and how much is vinyl. This is important as I want to be sure I clean, feed and treat it appropriately
    See the attached photo of the door card which has three areas highlighted;
    Green - back of pocket - this looks like leather?
    Orange - front of pocket/door pull - I am guessing vinyl?
    Red - remainder of doorcard - fairly certain this is vinyl?
    I am assuming all the dash, fuseboard cover is vinyl and the pockets/covers on the rear wheel arches are also vinyl. Rear head rests are probably leather to match the seats.
    So in summary I am guessing the seats, headrests, centre console and back of pockets on the doors are all leather and everything else is vinyl.
    Would welcome input from anyone who is sad enough to have an opinion on this or who has access to the correct information.
    I'll post some other pics as the interior goes back in.
    Thanks everyone.
    Graham
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    All of the material on my door pockets was leather.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

absostone likes this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes. Dash and pillars are vinyl and headliner too. I think

4. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks both - so maybe the door pull - orange on my pic - is also leather. I will proceed on that basis.

Below a couple of pics of the rear bulkhead which I painted in primer, then fixed a sound deadening mat, and then inserted two layers of sound deadening cloth. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow and absostone like this.
  5. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The floor was scraped clean, all holes and imperfections filled with and epoxy fibre mix and then painted with Rustoleum All Surface Paint. Wiring tidied and sheathed and gear selector assembly rebuilt - see previous post.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow and absostone like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    floor is fiber glass

7. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    A few more pics in case anyone is interested

I had the centre console recovered by my new friend Andrew Gowing at Coverite Upholstery, near Sudbury, who did an unbelievable job. The existing console was scruffy and had been butchered to fit a whizzy audio system and alarm - both now removed - and replaced with a NOS Sanyo FT230M radio cassette from the period.

I found some new electric window switches but since taking the photos I have ordered these which, with the chrome surrounds, are a better match

https://shop.citroenclassics.co.uk/electric-window-switch-2812-p.asp

Sadly they are on 5 week delivery so it will be a while before everything is in place

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Refitting the console is massively easier if the hand brake is disconnected, at the union under the console, so that the handbrake lever and be pulled almost vertical.

A new carpet set from Lakewell was a good fit although I had to remove the binding trim from the piece on running along the sills so that the carpet could be located under the door rubbers.

The seats and leatherwork were restored with a kit from Woolies in Peterborough who also supplied the size 6 screws and cups used to reinstall the console.

Once the new electric window switches arrive the job will be complete and we can go cruising with Reo Speedwagon playing on the not very loud and not very hi fi.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login