GT4 runs the Texas 1000 with a 275GTB and Daytona...... | FerrariChat

GT4 runs the Texas 1000 with a 275GTB and Daytona......

Discussion in '308/328' started by dstacy, Nov 9, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 dstacy, Nov 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ....well kind of.

Yesterday I had to go to Fredericksburg Texas for a meeting. Beautiful day and nothing beats a drive through the Texas hill country so I drove the Dino. As I'm crossing I-35 around San Marcos I see a yellow Daytona, a red 275GTB, and an old silver Alpha pull into a vacant lot. I pulled in and discovered they were running the Texas 1000. They had gotten a bit off track and made the run up I-35 a few miles. I had the time so I ran with them.

There's nothing like four 30+ year old Italian cars running together. The sound is....well you can imagine.

The Texas 1000 ends today http://vintagerallies.com/texas/ there are always some VERY interesting cars that run, take a look at some of the pictures on the site.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing

3. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    That must have been cool! But what? No pic of the 275??? :D

4. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Camera battery went dead and there I was driving, drooling, and trying to figure out how to use the camera on my phone.
    The GTB is ahead of the Daytona

5. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    UUUGGGHHHH!!!!

How cool is that!

I bet you were KICKING yourself for the dead camera battery!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    JIM

6. regisgtb4

regisgtb4 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 20, 2007
    tx
    Full Name:
    willis
    My ranch hand said there were two for sure Ferrari @ The Hyatt @ Lost Pines in Bastrop,its accross the street from me,went over thru the back door and so nice to see such art. The silver goldwing,bird door 3oosl,looked fat and old and ugly parked next to the dark red 275. While I have hated porkies since 1962,maybe they are onto something,I mean making the same shape box today as 40yrs ago, I think I wish the Factory still made 275s today,the size and shape,the quality,F1 transaxle,3.3 V12,375hp,$150,000 and I would be ok seeing the 275s all over the place where mustangs are now.The yellow 365GTB4, parked next to the 275,is such a TOPPER its funny, Pinin was still involved and that is one in your face design,and its style had real science,and gravitas ,as the 2cd @ 24hrs Daytona 1979 is perhaps mentionable with the 275LMs 65 Le Mans Victory.The 599 with a 275 GTB derivative body style would be more my taste than the supra star now in production.