GT4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GT4

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 444sp, Feb 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    BTW and as an afterthought, has anyone looked at the "new" Trans-Am?

The team I run with is supporting a car, it's something like $130K ready to win, loud, manual gearbox.....replacement bumpers are $150 or something....easy to go fast but tough to go really fast.....apparently a blast to drive and good racing.

That's "visceral"..... then again, watched the WEC Silverstone today, the cars are quiet, composed (LMP1, LMP2, even the GTE's with exception of the RSR and Aston). Those are the fasted race cars around (other than F1) and, while no power windows, refinement = speed.

2. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    I know this is an old post, but I've been working on a TA2 Mustang the last few months, and they are a great platform. 351W with a 5 speed. Can't go wrong there.

Also, to add to the GT4 discussion, Mercedes has released the AMG GT4 and I will be working with a team campaigning them in the IMSA Conti series for 2018. Can't wait to get to Daytona, its gonna be a great field with some awesome racing hopefully.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/passenger-cars/amg-gt/mercedes-amg-gt4-a-new-class-of-performance/

Attached Files:

3. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Ready for ROAR before the 24 in 3 weeks

[​IMG]

RWatters likes this.
  4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's awesome! What is your role for the team?

5. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Tire and pit tech. Depends whats needed. Everything but driving basically lol