GTC Lusso V8/12 vs California/Portifino | FerrariChat

GTC Lusso V8/12 vs California/Portifino

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by BrooksCopeland, Nov 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrooksCopeland

Jan 3, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Full Name:
    Brooks Copeland
    Researching these models for a first Fcar purchase.

I drove a ‘19 Lusso V8 today and really enjoyed it. To compare, Is there a V12 locally (Atlanta/Sandy Springs) that makes it out to events?

Any insight/ advice on options and living with either model day to day is appreciated.

BC

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    When in doubt go V12.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    But remember that all the costs of owning a 12 are about 150% of the costs of owning an 8!

4. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    The Newer V12 are not a problem. Just like the 458 vs 360 and 430. They are now user friendly and don't require heavy trips to the mechanic. They have strong reliability now days, I mean like driving a Toyota, just change the oil once a year and drive the heck out of it. No belts to change, finally the chains in the V8's have them to where you are not spooked about something weird going on. Plus on the new stuff you find yourself not having to listen and worrying about something that will leave you stranded. Once you taste the V12 you just are on another planet. I loved my 550, and miss it, and that was a 1998 car, so I can imagine how great the newer V12's are. They just keep pulling, saying "how far and deep do you want to go.... keep pushing". Amazing
    keep us posted on what you get.

BrooksCopeland likes this.
  5. BrooksCopeland

Jan 3, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Full Name:
    Brooks Copeland
    @Gatorrari I’ll be at FOA this Saturday for Cars & Coffee if you’re around.

6. BrooksCopeland

Jan 3, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Full Name:
    Brooks Copeland
    I’m passively searching for my “perfect” configuration, V12, Rossa Mugello/Fiorano, gray or black interior with diamond stitching, panoramic roof and CarPlay. I’m still waiting on permits for my new garage, Sandy Springs GA is a pain to deal with.

7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    That will be a great build. Let us know when you find one. That will be a great color.

BrooksCopeland likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff