News

Gtc4 lusso problems

Discussion in 'FF/GTC4Lusso/F12/812S' started by Asthenia, Jan 21, 2019.

1. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Asthenia, Not wishing to doubt the assertion or be so disrespectful as to suggest it may not be true but as yours, as far as I'm aware, is the first case published on here and the statement could severely impact on the value and integrity of the Lusso may we see some evidence of this especially as you say it is the second time it has happened.

2. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I will send it to you in pm. I have emails. In french tho

3. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Very kind of you as this is an important issue which may give a 'heads up' to many on here.

4. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Having read your email I apologise for any suggestion of doubt my post may have implied. The comment from your dealer that suggests a design fault failure due to stress and that in his experience it is not uncommon (paraphrasing) is very worrying. Certainly an encouragement to obtain a power train warranty once the guarantee has expired.

Do you use the launch mode often or at all? Can you think of any reason why your car has experienced this twice, perhaps prior to your ownership it was used rather more vigorously than normal.

5. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    We
    Well I have never used launch control ever. I wouldn’t do it out of respect for the car. Plus back in the day my dad had a M6 V10 and they said you could only do 3 LC before the clutch was gone. So that always sticked in my mind.
    In winter i let it idle until minimal 40 degrees celcius before departure. Plus i rarely rev it all the way. Mostly 4-5000 rpm. Every now and then 7000rpm.. but again, out of respect of the car, i don’t do it often.

Antway my dad revs his F12 all the time and it never broke down.
    Not even after 60.000 km..

6. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Plus, as I said.. i do track with my bmw m4 and fun driving with my GT3 991.. lusso is my daily.. just that car that you can use every day and still be faster than 99% of other cars.. but i drive it carefully and with respect.I would’t have any problem admitting if i didn’t..