GTC4Lusso | Page 7 | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by deltona, Feb 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    its better looking than ff but not as big an improvement as cali t was to cali. or tdf is to f12. those were home runs. lusso is a grounds rule double imo. I do love the lusso name though

is the awd still only in the lower gears? not sure I like that concept.

2. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Apparently they've added 4 wheel steering from the F12 tdf to the new package of capabilities as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Have to agree. GTC4 is alright but adding Lusso just comes across as a gimmick. The interior (dash/console) is a blatant copy of the AMG GT. Where is the 488/LaF influence...

The rear end does not sit well with me, there are some very strange lines and flows. Looks like something from an 80's concept car. There is nothing "Italian" over the rear, German and Japanese design language. The rest of the car is a nice evolution of the FF. Love the lower shape of the doors- sleekens the car up.

4. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    No. Just no. The AMG Gt is overstyled.

They did.

Maybe limited by the tyres ?

5. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    round of applause for Ferrari's in-house styling team. I could argue the 488GTB was less of an impressive update to the leap the GTC4Lusso made. I love the FF, but wasn't visually excited about it, the new Lusso I'm both.

6. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    It normally takes me a while to warm to the new model, but not in this case. Wow. Loved the FF, love this even more. Ferrari already had the performance with the FF, and quality of materials and workmanship at or equal to the best. But ... Electronics were weak, creature comforts lacking, etc. On a 458, that's acceptable. Not on the flagship though. Looks like that's about to be corrected. I could never see the FF being someone's only car, but this might be the "one" ... If you had to choose only one car to meet all of your needs, I think this could be it. Stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I was never a fan of the FF looks but i really like this It adds a more aggressive look to the car.. roofline reminds me of the CTS V (2013-15) wagon option..
    overall i like it..speaking of FF prices i was offered a very nice 2012 model for 155K last week i did not get it and the car sold very quick..

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013

Full agreement to all.

Yet I really like this car- I wish they didn't use the Lusso name, GTC4 would be OK I guess. To my eyes it is quite differentiated from the prior FF.

9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    It is a nice improvement, and I really like how they "shaped" the doors and side panels.
    I always loved the FF. They made it little nicer and more modern and probably would like to own one.

Maybe seeing it in the flesh and getting used to it will make disappear that feeling, but while the back of the FF is a 10 out of 10 for me, I find the back window here going down way too abruptly, 2 extra lights seem like they don't belong.

The interior feels very modern and while it is a little busy, it does work very well.
    (while fore example the dashboard of an S class is busy but does not work IMHO).
    Don't like the bridge to play the symetry with the handle though. That looks like it does not belong.

I would have loved them to use the Lusso name on a more "glorious" vehicle. But eh, that fits the purpose of this car perfectly, and is better than the FF name.

10. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    #160 Milanno, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well guys, after countless posts for all this years addressing problematic rear, Ferrari made incredible job. Finally, FF is absolutely amazing car now.

I`ve made quick render so you see this beauty in red! I am astonished!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Very good upgrade.

12. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    If the FF would have looked this good then I would have liked it. I like this.
    Clyde

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    that's also my favorite part. really slim down the car by a lot. same thing they did on the 488 makes it look even less bulky.

14. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Looks very similar to the ff but more sleek. New quad tails are a nice touch. Interested what ff prices will be. When is the official release?

15. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Could be lots of things. My guess is that it has more to do with weight and gearing than a teensy difference in coefficient of drag.

16. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow, nine pages already. Not surprised really. She's a stunner. Got the press release today. Big thumbs up.

17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Its a stunner, will definitely replace my FF with it at some point. However these are all photoshops, can't wait to see it in the flesh!

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe Ferrari SP could build a lusso with the new tdF motor and drivetrain!

19. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    That would be sick!

20. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    can anyone else remember a 9 page thread on its first day of posting that for the most part was all complimentary? as much as the 330 gt 2+2 is my favorite ferrari since i need a back seat, and that i always loved the "lusso" badge on the 250 glamorizing the era of italian luxury, this GTC4Lusso is a must buy for incorporating all i will ever need in an Fcar! (not to mention, its about the same price as the current market trend for a 330 gt 2+2)

21. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think it is absolutely perfect for its mission. I cant see how to improve it.

Well, I guess if I could afford it that would be an improvement for me :D

22. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    A minority voice. The GTC4 looks more like a station wagon. The FF is unique.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ahhhh interesting POV. Good question. Which one looks more like the mundane, the FF or the GTC4 Lusso?

24. nice.braces

nice.braces Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    U.S.A.
    Definitely hats off to this new non-Pininfarina era of Ferrari's in-house design team making the already exceptional FF even more special ... However, in my honest humble opinion, the quad taillights somewhat "clashes" with the quad tailpipes ... A tad too much "quattro", detracting from its otherwise clean lines / curves & elegant simplicity ... But surely a worthy FF successor in what is most likely the last N/A V12 GT 2+2 ...

25. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That would be awesome.