GTO running boards on a 599? | FerrariChat

GTO running boards on a 599?

Discussion in '612/599' started by GasAdams, Jul 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    I saw a real GTO over the weekend and I saw it has carbon fiber running boards along the bottom sides. I'm not sure if that's what you call them. Has anyone ever tried to source them for their 599? I like the way they look, but more importantly I like the way they would protect the entire side of the car. That would be nice since I drive my car a lot.

Thanks
    Gas

2. Chagrin

Chagrin Rookie

Mar 30, 2022
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I'm interested as well, the rocker panels don't fair well with road debris and rocks

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I think these rockers were offered as an option on the HGTE. I saw them in a 599 options catalogue.

4. KB599GTB

KB599GTB Rookie

Feb 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Karl Bussey
    I saw the part that I believe you are asking about listed on the Miller Motors website. Indicates it fits GTO and GTB. A bit pricey at $ 20,000 but sure looks fine.
    I have alot of extra Ferrari carbon fiber exterior parts on my 599 GTB that were put on by the original owner and I may look further at purchasing these.
    On Miller Motors was listed as part or Assembly number 87312.

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Miller loves to list this kind of thing. Whether they can actually get the part is another story.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  7. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
  8. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    whoops..hit enter too fast. These are likely cheap things. And they attach with double sided tape. I'm not sure about that! But, this is what I was thinking...and it would great protect the car as Chagrin said.

I'll keep looking for a quality solution.
    -Gas

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There were two separate options for CF side skirts on the GTO. One was like the factory accessory I posted above and one was just rocker panels like those on E-Bay without the vertical projection in front of the rear wheel-well.

10. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If there were ones available with proper fitting mounting holes and didn't cost the price of a small car, I would be all over it.

George Vosburgh likes this.