GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by laswyguy, May 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    they are indeed very ugly.. but pretty fast.

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    The Nissan GTR once looked Evil in the face in a stairing contest and won.

The GTR can take a Horse to the River and make him drink :D.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    No one here cares about your stupid fanboi Nissan POS. Go flash pretend ring times at people who care...the daft Lambo types and everyone else.

4. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

7.24, check your own link again. I don't buy the lap time unless theres an independent test soon that comes close to the Nissan claims...

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I believe it will always win that contest. Unless its adversary is a Z4 droptop.

6. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    Apparently Porsche cares, or they wouldn't have gotten their fawking panties all wet. LOL

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Just stfu already. No one here cares about your stupid ****ing Nissan. No one here cares what your stupid ****ing Nissan does on the Ring. Pack your stupid ****ing fanboy parcels into the trunk of that POS Nissan and **** off.

Really just STFU

8. Matt999

Matt999 Karting

Mar 8, 2007
    Somebody's got his panties in a bunch....

9. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    The irony - it seems that you care about the GT-R more than anyone else on the board.

10. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Grow up

11. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Your the biggest anti-Japanese fanboi Ive seen on any of the forums I frequent. Its really pathetic, you are such an automotive snob. The Japanese must be doing something right, their cars have become extremely popular over the past 30-40 years.

12. f355c5

f355c5 Rookie

Apr 7, 2008
    You must be like 12 years old ? Ranting will not change the facts. You hate --Because your I.Q. is 2 digits ?

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#38 Kds, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
    CR-X......

FWIW, I don't hate the GTR, but I believe that the people who ardently say it is the best thing since sliced bread are fools.

When the GTR or any other clone-ish POS, such as the NSX can do this, they'll get my attention. Like Lee said.....give the keys to Sabine (she is a hottie too eh ?) and let her go roundy round for a bit and see what happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_in_motorsport

28,000 motorsport victories over 40 years, most by the 911, and more overall wins at the 24 hours of Le Mans (16) than any other manufacturer.

Until then, fugly one lap wonders where they don't even warranty the multitude of tranmission failures during street use count for NADA. Now go and adjust the downforce angle of your plastic Veilside balony slicer on the trunk of your CRX........heh.

14. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    ^ Like those are stock cars...

15. CR-X

CR-X Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I never once said anything bad about Porsche or that the Japanese build better cars than them. In fact im a big fan of Porsche (how can anyone not be.. really). In fact I can appreciate many automobiles and I dont dismiss a car simply because it came from xyz country or abc builds it. Thats great that Porsche has so many victories, I think pretty much all their victories at Le Mans came after Ferrari left... and what has Porsche done in Formula One? What motor-sport history does Lamborghini/Zonda have? What have Bugatti, Alfa etc etc won in modern times? I guess they are all crap too?
    NSX a POS, yeah sure... thats why Gordon Murray still praises it to this day..

Cant adjust the wing angle, if I do my neon lights wont be as visible :p

16. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006

But that's not the discussion of this thread. This discussion is particulary related to the Nissan GTR and what it can do around a around the Ring, 1 lap, best times. That's it. This isn't a thread about Lemans. This isn't a thread about racing heritage. This isn't a thread about how ugly the GTR is. If you want to discuss that.. start a new thread. Why do people insist on turning this more than it is? No one ever said Nissan GTR was the best thing since sliced bread. Whether the third party driver is Sabine or its Drivers Republic is of no consequence, the results/facts stand for themselves. On a wet day, same day, same driver. After conclusive testing, the Nissan GTR was 6 seconds slower than the Porsche GT-2. Noted where the difference in tires, the P car had Cup tires, while the Nissan had the factory Bridgestones. Drivers Republic acknowledged that they could have shaved 4-5 seconds off with the stickier tires Dunlop tires that are also an OPTION. So far this is the ONLY independent verified third party test I can find. Like dynos readings.. same day, same dyno same conditions. Please post facts, not opinions, everyone has an opionion and you know what people say about them.

17. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Granted, the GTR is a fast car, but it gets that speed with complex four wheel drive and advanced technology, and in doing so it has come out to be a very heavy car. Now, you may THINK you can bend or violate Newtons most popular law, but the last time I looked, force still equals the mass time the acceleration. All of that force and acceleration creates a lot of heat, and it has to go somewhere.

I don't even want to get into the pros, cons, and all the BS that is floating around concerning the hot laps of the ring, sticky tires, and all else, the simple fact remains that this is 4000 pound car, and if it tried, it would likey fall on it's face on the second or third lap, with cooked brakes and overheated tires. At that point, all of the lighter cars (Corvettes and GT3's) that are turning similar lap times at the ring would blow on by and be long gone. Some folks running them at track days are finding that they can't run a 20 minute track session at full tilt without the performance falling off.

My personal opinion is that I'm not interested in a heavy GT car, no matter how fast it is for a lap or two. To my mind, don't quote some hot lap time if you can't do it more than once without cooling off. The idea of testing at the ring was to demonstrate that your car was fast and capable over a difficult course. Single lap times are one part of that capability but, unfortunately, while the idea of a single hot lap is a good measure of POTENTIALLY how fast a car is, it really doesn't tell the whole story. It's kinda like comparing cars on their 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile times alone, it is part of the picture, but doesn't tell you the whole story.

I want a real sports car that I can drive to the track, enjoy for three twenty minute sessions, and drive home. Sorry, but I don't think the GTR can do that at speeds comparable to a Corvette C5 Z06, let alone how fast it is porported to be.

Fan boy flame suit on......

18. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007
    Driver Republic believed that a better tire would have netted them a SLIGHTLY faster time with the GTR, however cornering wasnt their issue it was the GTR's lack of power. The Porsche on the other hand was let down by its sticker dry weather tire which Chris Harris found hard to handle around the damp/wet Nurburgring. In perfect conditions CH didnt believe the Nissan could come close to its advertised time, the GT2 on the other hand was a totally different story.

Porsche, Driver Republic and Horst Von Saurma all achieved a 7:50's time. Nisan with their washed up ex F1 driver achieved a 7:26 time.

19. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    #44 laswyguy, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    R compound tires shave off like 5 seconds. So maybe the GTR isnt 7:27 car, add 3 seconds to Porsche factory GT2 times, its a 7:35ish car. Still not bad and faster than the Turbo. Porsche new C2s with PDK is also 8 seconds faster around the ring. So all those shifts add up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM4fM-85ZM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorauthority.com%2Fvideo-nissan-gt-r-scorches-the-ring-in-729.html&feature=player_embedded

pretty sick driving.

20. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007

What are you on about? why would you add 3 seconds to Porsche's time? CH thinks that the car is a low 7:30's car in dry conditions as advertised by Porsche.

The C2 is also far lighter than the GTR, and nowhere near 7:26.

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yes but does a GTR wilt or holdup after multiple hard laps?

22. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Except for a couple of hardcore Porsches, which other does hold up the punishment of that track? Even Enzo knealed after one lousy lap. LOL?

23. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #48 JM4re, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

#49 REMIX, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
    Ho-hum. It's just too fugly for most of us to care.

RMX

25. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I saw a GTR at my KTM dealership yesterday. It is one beautiful ride...I would love to own one ...