GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by laswyguy, May 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007
    Carmagazine tests out the Porsche GT3 and Nissan GTR around the Nurburgring.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/C...e-fog/

Its still early days yet but news has emerged that the very experienced Ring and racing driver Andy Gulden has posted a fastest lap of 7:51 in the GTR and 7:49 in the GT3 (yet to be verified).

Andy Gulden
    The GT-R's boost is amazing and the four-wheel drive really helps too. But it encourages an aggressive driving style and the the front tyres heat up quickly. I'd say 99 percent of my lines were perfect, but I got it wrong once - I was unfamiliar with the car, and I'm not so used to right-hand drive.

CAR comments
    If you're wondering why Andy was so much slower than Nissan's 7:27sec, consider this, our time was over the full lap, not a lap minus the length of the pits; there was a small section of roadworks; he'd never before driven a GT-R and he did just one hot lap; our car came with factory rubber and suspension, not the optional tweaks Nissan offers any owner.

--------------------------------------

Forget the Stig. Step forward Andy Gülden

Ultimately it was the Nürburgring people who came up with the solution: 30-year-old Andy Gülden. Gülden started in karts as a six-year-old, competing in German, European and world championships alongside the likes of Nick Heidfeld and Ralf Schumacher. He progressed as far as F3 before losing his sponsor, and then moved to race Vipers in Nürburgring 24-hour endurathons with Zakspeed.

Today he’s a freelance racer/consultant/instructor with over 2000 laps to his name, a man who takes great pleasure in scaring paying punters with a fast lap in his Aston Vantage race car.

2. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007
  3. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    what kind of response
    would be expected at a forum named : FERRARIchat ?

for me : I love this car and the Ford GT too

4. e500

e500 Karting

Apr 13, 2009
    Vavilon
    GTR is very far from gt2 and far from zonda, enzo ,cgt etc... And don't look at nurburgring times...
    Car is good but it can't go nordschleife in 7.29. This record car was modified and if you drive GTR and watch onboard video, you shall see that there are different cars. Record car on video has big oversteer and may be some more differences... In speed new Nissan GTR is something like 997tt.

5. e500

e500 Karting

Apr 13, 2009
    Vavilon
  6. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    lol, this whole GT-R would fall apart on track after 2 laps speculation is laughable. I don't suppose anyone has the record as to how many laps Nissan has done on their GT-Rs on Nur? Also, the McLaren F1 must be a piece of crap since it overheats driving to the gas station even with gold foil lined engine bay and ventilation systems. I suppose the Veyron isn't much better since it has more ventilation system than a movie theater just to prevent the engine from melting.

7. #57 FlyingAttackPorcupine, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    I find it funny that 99.9% of the people arguing about this own neither a Porsche or a GTR. What's so bad about the GTR putting down a faster lap? Does it somehow make the 911 GT2 completely worthless? Are 911 GT2 owners going to be constantly harassed everywhere they go about how their car was beaten by a Nissan GTR on a track that 99.9% of the people arguing about this will never even visit, let alone drive a car on, much less a GT2 or GTR? If I were in the market for a sub-100k supercar my main question would be "which one puts a bigger smile on my face when I drive it?" Lap times do not equate to the amount of fun a car is to drive. The Caterham R500 Superlight put down a slower time than both the 911 GT2 and Nissan GT-R around the Nurburgring and I have no doubt in my mind it would be a much more fun car to drive around any track than the others.

8. monaroCountry

monaroCountry Karting

Dec 23, 2007

Laughable you say?

When Driver Republic drove the regular GTR around the Nurburgring it's brakes and tires started having trouble and wore out after one hard lap. Carmagazine cooked the 50k (?) carbon ceramic brakes on the Spec-V after just 3 short laps around the Nurburgring.

9. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany
    #59 cmack, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Wow. That is the only word I can find after driving the European version of theGT-R for 250 miles.
    The car was in Gun Metal Grey and had a stunning presence, I would not call it beautiful.

This car is so close to my 599 it makes me scary. Add to that the fact that You can easiliy add
    the bhp to over 550 and it makes me even scarier. The steering feedback is a dream, and so is the handling
    and the gearbox. No interruption at all.
    The only disappointment was the soundtrack of the engine. I think about buying it as my everyday tool.

10. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    thats a very good way of putting it. I was very surprised how the GTR felt despite its 3700-3800lb weight.

11. Epik

Epik Rookie

Apr 9, 2008
    Yeah the stock exhaust note is disappointing but I suppose that's easy enough to fix.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They should name it the Nissan GT-UAS

UAS stands for Ugly As Sin.

13. Epik

Epik Rookie

Apr 9, 2008
  14. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

Styling is something that can lead to a controverse discussion. As I said, the GT-R
    is not beautiful in my eyes, but than it is not ugly either. Seeing it in the metal I
    found some interesting styling clues. But design apart, and after driving it I'm sure
    this car will become and icon and instant classic.

15. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Bottom line... the viper is still faster :)