GTS F355 F1 Serie Fiorano | FerrariChat

GTS F355 F1 Serie Fiorano

Discussion in '348/355' started by rcwhiting, Sep 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    I know that there were only Spider Serie Fioranos. However, my GTS is a bit of an anomaly and I'd like any info that people may have regarding late production GTS models. I think my 355 GTS F1 has many of the Fiorano upgrades including inset badges, challenge grill, cross drilled disks, red (bigger?) calipers, F40 style seats with yellow suede, plus it seems to sit lower than other 355s.

So, it seems to be a very unique car and since I am the second owner purchasing the car with 1,100 miles and I believe its all factory features on the car. I'm considering sell the car and the more information the better.

Any thoughts?

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Sounds interesting. Let’s see some pictures.

3. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
  4. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
  5. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
  6. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
  7. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    That is sensational in specification!

8. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hard to tell if it sits any lower than normal, but any car that has the shields inset and those other options is going to be a winner, especially when it's already the rarest of the 355s.

What month / year is it (presumably '99)?

If it really is an F1 GTS "Fiorano Spec" from the factory I think it should be worth quite a lot.

9. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Can you post the VIN please ?

10. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It's just a very nicely "optioned" car. I remember seeing it for sale several years ago. Very desirable for those that like yellow.

Robb

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  11. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    what bigger calipers..? i believe caliper size is same for all 355's.
    the Fiorano simply came with drilled rotors.. but not bigger calipers..

if your particular car appears to have bigger calipers could be aftermarket..

and does not seem to be lower.. I can see the usual big front wheel cap..

Ira Schwartz likes this.
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    In my opinion, it's just a heavily spec'd F1 GTS. Not a Fiorano...just someone who went to great length to get every option they wanted.

I read somewhere that in the 90s a lot of buyers weren't aware of all the options available to them so it was just people that were savvy to it that added the upgrade options. Maybe someone can chime in on that.

Also, for what it's worth I've come across similarly spec'd F1 GTS's in Europe.

13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Oh and nice car. That would be a top tier car for the 355 market given the mileage and rarity (F1 GTS being the most rare variant) coupled with even rarer options on top. :)

14. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Thanks all for feedback. Very very helpful. Just wasn't sure on a lot of the data points. I'm going to Juan Vllareal at Grand Prix Motors next week to go over some of the features if they are actually there. Since he has always maintained my car and has restored/prepped many show level cars for FCA events as well as Italia Concorso and Pebble Beach, I figured he'd have a good perspective. I've had a number of people mention it looked lower and when it sat next to another 355 it did appear to be about an inch lower but that was a very informal evaluation by eye sight and could easily have been a trick of the light kind of thing. Didn't know what the brakes are specifically but read that the Fiorano cars had comp brakes which were painted. Don't know if I have those or even if that was a real spec. That's what I was referring to by saying bigger. I would be happy if it is a heavily optioned car since that makes it more unique either way. I haven't really spent any time on the provenance of the car rather I've just loved to drive it. Obviously hoping that the configuration of the car will help get a good price. If not, I have no problem keeping it around.

For those interested, the VIN is zffxr42a6xo114100

15. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It's very easy to adjust the ride height on the stock suspension. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the original owner had it lowered on stock coil overs. Given that the original owner had a vision of a race ready 355 with the options he specified, I would bet that would explain the ride height.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Juan’s a good guy, is check with Roselli too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Didn't the Serie Fiorano also have spacers in the rear from the factory? Does yours?

18. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Yep, have known Juan for quite a long time. He was a referral from a good friend who Juan restored his lime green Dino for Pebble Beach.

19. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Could be. Although the car only had 1K miles on it when I bought it. He was one of the types who bought on and as soon as he took delivery, ordered the next one. He traded the car when his 360 spider came in/

20. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Great question. I will ask Juan next week. Thanks

21. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Anyone have suggestion of a price I should offer the car at? I've been out of the market for so long I really don't have a handle. I've seen 355s go for $60K to over $100. What is a realistic starting point?

22. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    How many miles currently?

23. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
  24. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I think closer to the higher end of that range is where I would start.

Unless you want to sell it for 60, then I'm your huckleberry :D

25. rcwhiting

rcwhiting Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    Almaden Valley
    Full Name:
    Randy Whiting
    Thanks, but at 60 I'd buy it... I'll see what happens. If the offers are right, I'll be happy to keep it and drive it more.