Guitar question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Guitar question

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Gilles27, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I have a dead-mint Hamer USA Standard made of solid Mahogany that I'm parting with, if interested. Comes with a Gibson custom-fitted hardshell case lined with pink satin.

Chrome Humbuckers (setup is pure factory stock), white pickguard. Email me privately for pics.

2. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Very nice tribute to SRV Wolfgang. That's awesome that you have an axe personally autographed by Stevie. I'm sure you must treasure it! Beautiful collection of guitars.

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Santini,
    here is another pic from the gift / signed guitar form SRV - on the left side/pic is SRV sitting (very unusual without his hat) and playing THIS guitar B4 he signed it and donated it to me.
    Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thank you Wolfgang. That made my day.

I've only seen SRV once, and that was with Jeff Beck back in 1989 at the Houston Colluseum. Just... just... fabulous! I've met Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon a few times and seen them play with other bands here locally (Storyville, etc.).

If you haven't been to Austin, you probably might have only heard about the SRV statue on Town Lake. You can see pictures here: http://users3.ev1.net/~txbowhunter/Jags_Austin_Pics/ (note, not my site, just a google find) It's always nice to wave and say hello each time I'm down there running around the lake.

edit: p.s. - I have the same In Step shirt, but unforutnately, it has been well worn, but I still dig it!

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    WOLFGANG, sent you a pm. i cant thank you enough for sharing those pics with us. pm will explain more. michael

6. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina

Thanks for the close-up! I wouldn't trade that guitar for a Ferrari! :eek:

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thanks for all the great posts, boys.

Wolfgang, that is just incredible. The guitar is priceless, but I'm sure to have personally known him must have been special. When we lost him, it stunned me the same way as when Villeneuve was killed. I had been to the last show, too.

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Wolfgang
    That is incredible - that made my week!
    Time to go practice a while...
    best
    Russ

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

10. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Incredible collection and memories, Wolfgang!!! SRV is hands down my favorite guitarist of all time and is one of the most charismatic & soulful bluesmen of recent memory with a sound bigger than life. Thanks for sharing your collection :) :) :) :) :) :)

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello gents & SRV fans,

@Schatten,
    @thecarreaper,
    @Santini,
    @Gilles27,
    @snj5,
    @DrTax,
    @Johhny Bravo,

thank you some much for your kind words and big response about my SRV collection!

Schatten, yes I have been in the past and also still today many times in Austin (a dear friend of mine lives and works thee as a musican - what else?)
    I`m love with Joe`s Generic Bar and saw last time Alan Haynes playing there -you MUST know him?! I`m every year 5-7 times in Dallas, Arlington, Forth Worth and Austin doing business with guitars & musicans.....sometimes I think that I know the Texan music scene better than the Europeans;)
    We don`t have here such great guitar slingers like: Alan Haynes, Kenny Wayne S., Johnny Lang, Eric Johnson, Billy G. (ZZ TOP)...a.s.o.

Don`t want to waste your time with all the SRV storys 20 years ago...just a few more pics from my collection:

PIC 1: A better close up from my SRV corner
    PIC 2: Tickets & Backstage Passes
    PIC 3: Signed SRV Musicmaster Close Up
    PIC 4: SRV painted in Oil from a dear friend of mine

Enjoy
    Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow, Wolfgang, you are definitely the man. I feel kinda funny asking this, cause you are, what, several thousands of miles away and I'm right next door, but who is hot and up and coming in Austin today?

Thx Dale

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dale,
    I wish I would life there in Austin.
    Yesterday evening you missed Alan Haynes playing in Austin - but no problem he is also playing on:
    02/24 Joes Generic Bar Austin 6th Street
    and
    02/25 Joes Generic Bar " " " " "
    its a very smal Bar, no tickets and he is just playing there for tips!!!!!
    Amazing!!!!
    On the Drums is "Uncle" John Turner (played in the `60ht & `70th with Jonny Winter!!!) and on the Bass is Pappa Perry!!!!
    Sometimes the Double Trouble gents (Chris Layton & Tommy Shannon) drop just in for a jam.
    Alan is living in Austin and a must see!!!!! To me the one & only after SRV!
    Another great one who lives in Austin is of course Eric Johnson!!!! But mostly playing in Dallas or Forth Worth area.
    The good old Blues Clubs like the "Steamboat" has closed several years ago that why the big guys are going to Dallas. Watch out in "Deep Ellum" in Dallas!

"May the tone be with you!"
    Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

14. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WOLF

DID YOU EVER HEAR OF DAVE WECKL?? A JAZZ-FUNK DRUMMER??

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    No, sorry Bruce. But please enlight me and give me some input;)

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

16. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HE IS REGARDED AS ONE OF THE BEST DRUMMERS IN THE WORLD, PLAYED WITH MADONNA, CHICK COREA, HERBIE HANCOCK, ETC...HES ALSO WAS MY COLLEGE ROOMMATE AS WELL STILL MY FRIEND WWW.DAVEWECKL.COM

BRUCE

17. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wow, amazing Bruce...to see our both post in a row = same testa, same angel to view in the avatar!
    Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

SWEET LOOKING *****ES, ARENT THEY????

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Yes:D!!!!
    I`m totaly in love with my "beast"...my wife is sometimes a bit envious about all the strokes, caress, huges, fondles I give to my testa....and of course I`m talking with my beloved "beast":D

Thanks for the link to Dave! Great to see that he will come over to us for a European tour. I will try to see him live.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    HES UNBELIEVABLE...IF YOU WANT GOOD SEATS OR GO BACKSTAGE LET ME KNOW...I HAVE HIS CELL #.

BRUCE

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wow, THANK YOU BRUCE!!!
    I would realy appreciate to meet him personal. The dates for the European tour are still not set but I have bookmarked your link for upcoming news. I will let you know when he comes over to us. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey Bruce, I just saw in your profile you are the same YOUNG guy like I`m ;)
    What an awesome great vintage year! Best cars, guitars, red-wine around our year of birth!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

22. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YOU GOT IT MY MAN, JUST LET ME KNOW

YOUR ENGLISH IS BETTER THAN MINE!!

I GOT TO START MY DAY....ITS 8.30 AM....SPEAK TO YOU LATER, MY FRIEND

BRUCE

23. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang

Have a great day Bruce & may your battery-business run like a f*** rocket:D

Yours

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks, I'm thinking of heading over there next month...

Dale

25. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have yet to check out Alan Haynes, but thanks for the lead.

Last night at Antones, Eric Johnson played with his band Alien Love Child. Unfortunately I could not attend due to other obligations.

And I hope you realize, Steamboat is no more. Not just off of 6th, but no more. Crooks reopened it a few years back one block away from the corner of Riverside and Congress. Problem is - every club that uses that venue never makes it. It's just a bad location. They ended up closing shop. Well, I'll still remember the early days of Bob Schneider, Ian Moore and Moment's Notice, or bumping into Chris, Eric J.'s bassist at Steamboat. Too many bands, too many memories. I cannot even go into the Aquarium due to the fact that the old hag (yes, she deserves to be called that) sold the lease to a higher bidder.