Guys i need a ride in a F-355 before i buy one,NYC/LI area. | FerrariChat

Guys i need a ride in a F-355 before i buy one,NYC/LI area.

Discussion in '348/355' started by yasir, Aug 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    I will be in the NYC/LI area over the long weekend and would appreciate if someone could let me look at the car upclose along with a ride and a possible test drive.I have requested this 355 ride before as well but i didn't get any responses,may be this time i might be lucky.I am not new to the high performance car world,currently own a 1991 Porsche 964 Turbo & a 500+ HP Supra TTand i am not a teenager either who's looking for a joy ride.So if any one is kind enough to do this fine other wise i guess i'll just have to wait.
    Thanks, Yasir

2. udalmia

udalmia Guest

You might want to post this in the tri-state section, higher chance of people seeing it

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I'm sure the NY Tri State guys would be only too happy. I'll post a link to this thread in the subforum. 355s are great.

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm not being rude, but why not arrange a test drive with a dealer- probably get more chance of a drive! In the UK, dealers are usually happy to give test drives to anyone so long as you phone and book with a salesman beforehand...

355s are great cars, I'm sure you'll love it.

Robert.

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

I am not sure of his case, but sometimes it has to do with age of the buyer and the dealerships misconceptions about them. I know when I was looking into buying my first NSX I was 22 and could not get them to give me the time of day, much less a test drive. The same happened when I bought my SECOND NSX, and the sales people were still rude. Sometimes it is less frustrating to have another 'car guy' allow you to experience their car than have to deal with the hassels of the dealerships. Just offering some insight.

6. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ...also, a private owner can give you unbiased views on the car with no outside motives, unlike a car salesman who is most likely just going to try and sell you the car no matter what. I would trust a private owner who is just trying to help me out over the salesman any day of the week. When I am looking for my F355 I can only hope to be lucky enough to find some local owners to assist me.