Guys Please Dont Ever Rent Out Your Lambos | FerrariChat

Guys Please Dont Ever Rent Out Your Lambos

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by F355 Fan 82, Feb 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    My best friend has been renting out his aventador and huracan here in miami for the last few months using various brokers. Someone just stole both his cars and im pretty sure the broker is in on it. The clients have the cars and told the broker they wont return them. The ID and card they used for deposit were fake and the card stolen. They removed the trackers from the 2 cars and now my friend just spoke with the cops and they wont help bc its a civil matter bc the cars are technically not stolen.

The cops are telling him he has to send a certified letter to the person who rented out the cars and if he doesn't return them in 2 weeks then they're considered stolen. In 2 weeks his car will be cruising the african desert I told him, so cops are no help

2. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Yes, sadly people don't realize how risky it is to deal with brokers. In many ways, "renting" your personal car borders on being illegal.

His personal insurance will most likely not cover the theft as he was not registered as a Short Term Leasing/Rental company with Rental Car Insurance.

We have run a fairly large rental car company in Miami for years and do not work with brokers. They do not care who they rent the cars too.

We own/insure our cars and run drivers license, call insurance companies and verify EVERYTHING. Sorry about your friend! Miami rental car industry is the Wild, Wild West...

joe sackey and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    These are the 2 cars if you happen to see one. Right now the guys that have the cars are demanding he pay them $15,000 to get the cars back which is ridiculous but the cops are not willing to help for 2 weeks. The aventador has a wing on the back so if you see it somewhere shoot me a message and let me know please.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    #4 Patrick21x, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Renting Exotic cars to Wanna Be Ballers in the Heart of Miami.

Looks to me like ALL the warning signs where there, Play stupid games, Win Stupid Prizes

Michael Call likes this.
  5. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Shocker⚡️

6. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    I **** you not, I saw both those cars in the grove today heading north on US1.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  7. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    In Switzerland a similar thing happened with a Gallardo Spider, finally the car was found in London.

8. Maybe a good idea to post the vin numbers?

jollygood and Mr Mezzanotte like this.
  9. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    ...true words brother...true words!

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He needs to get in touch with some people who can help him outside of the normal scope of the law. These people exist. He's dealing with $600k of potential loss.

11. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    You know what they say about a fool and his cars......they same f-ing thing as a fool and his money.

I understand some people have their financial reason to rent be it not enough or too much money....... Rent a frickin Prius instead. Probably more money in it as it would be rent 24/7/365.

Would the owner's name be Lloyd Christmas by any chance?

12. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Actually this guy has plenty of money. He just has an aventador SV,aventador,huracan,ghost,wraith,G63. He just has a ton of cars and the guy who owns the shop that wrapped one of his cars and did the clear bra on my cars, he introduced him to someone who owns an exotic car rental business and since he wasn't using the cars he let him rent all of them except the SV and the G63, his daily car. So this situation basically came from another broker contacting the original broker and the car ended up with a 4th party. It was a mess, he said he's done when he gets them back. It doesn't matter how rich you are, he told me he got $30-40k a month to play with recently just renting out cars he wasn't really even using a couple times a month. It was one of those things that went well, until it didn't. Lesson learned, thats what life is all about.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I can fly out, locate the cars, and get them back double quick, done it before and would do it again, but it’s a dangerous thing to do

14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Oh, just saw how old these posts are.... I’m guessing the cars disappeared?

15. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Sorry for your friend situation but no one in their right mind and NOT in the car rental business would rent $700K worth of cars via a broker! Same as walking skid row with a rolex and a tailor made suit if you are not "owning" that street.
    This actually is not the worst that could have happen or can happen next. If the car were "rented" and not insured as rentals and these guys kill someone with the car in an accident, your friend will probably be liable since the car was not technically stolen and he is still the owner. Check with an attorney. A real nightmare!
    My take is since he seem to have the money then pay the $15K and get the car back. Cost of learning. This is may be the best outcome at this point

16. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Do you have a friend in the regular used car business, in Miami ? They will have the name or names of repo guys. The local repo network is probably your best option to find the car without the use, of the local PD.

17. Aron_

Aron_ Rookie

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Aron Yichye
    I cannot believe that! I've heard stories of stuff like that, but stealing a Lamborghini is pretty ballsy! They're rare, everyone looks when they see one, and there's a ton of attention with the things! Stealing one is like stealing a Rolex and wearing a poster that says 'Hey, come talk to me.' I wouldn't think that's what a thief would want. Wow

18. Quinn Williams

Jul 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Quinn Williams
    the police should be helping this situation out because it clearly isnt the renters fault that they have been stolen. if the cars were taking from the renter and gone missing it is considered stolen so it should already be considered a missing car case!!!

19. Quinn Williams

Jul 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Quinn Williams
    do not ever post the vin number of the car it will be hacked and tracked down immediately and stolen!!!!!