HAAS Car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

HAAS Car

Discussion in 'F1' started by IamRobG, Jun 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's 2 problems with "too strong" a relationship between Haas and Ferrari

1) If people believe its "a Ferrari" and not an "American car", Haas as team will lose credibility.

2) If they get too good, Ferrari will dial them back. No way another team's Ferrari car will be faster than a factory Ferrari car.

2. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I think they need to be more worried about beating Manor & McLaren than Ferrari.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 :)

However, who'd have thought we'd hear "Manor" & "McSplutter" grouped together until very recently! ;)

I wish Haas well - I really hope they can get it together (they do have the best carbon fiber in the world after all!) - But scoring points would be a *huge* win for them in the first couple of years at least.

Sorry, but the idea that Ferrari will need to "dial them back" is beyond ludicrous - almost worthy of a Toil'ism! :D

Cheers,
    Ian

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Totally valid. I think 1 can be managed but I agree the risk is real.

2 is interesting and is what always jumped out to me as an "f1 rookie fan". Once I got my head around everything, one of my first thoughts was - so wait, how can Williams or Sauber win with the current relationships? I mean they will always get the PU upgrades after their suppliers...they will always wait on them when issues are found...and those same issues will be addressed in the PU supplier's car first. You heard Massa complained about it earlier this year briefly...was probably told to shutup. We just saw Sauber pass on the new updates to the Ferrari PU in Canada - probably out of fear of reliability issues...or maybe even cost - who knows.

Which is kind of what is very weird to me about F1. In most sports, hard work and discipline over years can lead to contention from teams that you thought - wow, they are done forever. In F1, it really seems like there are a number of teams that will never have any chance to win, which begs the question - why even show up? The manor cars this year are a disgrace...the only challenge they offer is due to them constantly being in the way. That's just absurd.