[Hagerty] How fast is the Corvette E-Ray? Versus Ferrari F8 & Lamborghini Huracan Evo: Jason Cammisa | FerrariChat

[Hagerty] How fast is the Corvette E-Ray? Versus Ferrari F8 & Lamborghini Huracan Evo: Jason Cammisa

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ipsedixit, Mar 23, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    F8 is much faster and quicker than the electric corvette. That Ferrari driver is a typical Ferrari driver who can't drive for ****.

JosephRasha and mdrums like this.
  2. kestrou

kestrou Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2023
    Danville, IL
    Full Name:
    Kevin E. Stroud
    That was a VERY well produced video.

I've ridden Willow Springs on a BMW S1000RR two-wheeler and love that track - can't WAIT to see the "road race" video! :)

Kevin

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    These are the best produced drag videos, period. Probably the best produced car review videos, period. Beautiful. Needs millions of subs.

This race went about as expected. The E Ray is a screamer off the line. Absolutely bargain, this and the Z06 (at MSRP).

italiafan likes this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It’s a straight line…..The F8 did 0-60 in 2.7 seconds too. What do you want from it? Lol honestly 2.7 is great, don’t think youd see that on the street yourself.

5. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Four driven wheels > two driven wheels when it comes to 0-60. As mentioned in the video in a rolling race the F8 would trounce the Corvette. Still impressive that the Corvette can hang with cars 2x-3x the price.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  6. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    To me this proves NOTHING and is apples to oranges / smoke and mirrors. He's 100% dead wrong that we give a ****e about 1/4 mile, one who does, has no idea what it is to own and drive a Ferrari! And even in one did, you can't compare an awd to rwd! SMH

Eric C likes this.
  7. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Did anyone else catch the end where the Tesla Plaid was way above the other cars?

4th fastest at 9.4 seconds - that is fast.

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ve had multiple Ferraris and I care. There’s no reason to make excuses. It’s a 4wd hybrid vs a rwd convertible F8. It really shows how impressive quick the Vette is and I doubt anyone would take the Vette over the F8. But, if you had to pay, and the Vette was at MSRP of $110k and the Ferrari was current prices of say, $350k, it does make it quite difficult to justify that differential.

Coincid, rw99 and Ash Patel like this.
  9. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    AWD, instant electric torque, no shifts, and a design geared towards straight line acceleration will do that. :p I bet it would be fun for a few freeway onramp pulls.

10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    To each his own and what Ferrari's did you have?

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Two 458s and a 458 speciale…..

and I have a 296 on order. And I love Ferrari. But a race is a race. Plus the video, regardless of the result, it’s wonderfully produced.

italiafan and Ash Patel like this.
  12. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

I'll tell you what I want....and got....is the NORMALLY ASPIRATED 2015 Italia 4.58 SpecialeA. You can surely keep the goofy not environmentally friendly heavy electric vehicle which will sooner than later be outdone with hydrogen, turbo's forget that...its all SCREAMING 9,000 RPM V-8 that will carry the day

Bas, Jo Sta7 and Ck10022 like this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hard to beat and I agree with you. Experience is more important than numbers. But numbers do matter and are a way to measure a part of (not all or maybe even the most important parts) the experience, I think.

Also worth saying, the Ferrari in the video pales in comparison to yours from an experiential and excitement standpoint.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    For context, the reason I actually sold all my 458s is because I found them too slow. I was hoping the 458S would cure it but ultimately, same issue. Loved the car. Loved the looks, the balance, the sound. I miss it a lot. But I traded it against the 765 and it’s not even close. The 765 has 200 more HP and weighs 100 kg less and it feels every bit of that. You grow accustomed to the speed of the 458. You just don’t in the McLaren. It’s always overwhelmingly brutal and fun. It’s a marvel to drive. The single most undervalued car in the world. But I do think the 458S would have been a perfect partner to the 765 and wish I’d have kept it rather than trade it.

Coincid, Thecadster and Ash Patel like this.
  15. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    Just did some research. The Tributo does the 1/4 mile in 10.5, but fastest laps has it up in 10.2(!!!) with some modifications probably. Very impressive.

05F430F1 likes this.
  16. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    This is why I hesitate to drive anything faster than my 458. I don't want to ruin it for myself. :p

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Smart. Ignorance really is bliss sometimes.

18. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    I have a friend with a 718 GTS who wants to rent a 458/488 for a day "just to see". I warned him that he'll hate is GTS after he does that.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. ChaosAD!

ChaosAD! Karting

Jul 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Shinas
    The F8 was a spider also, not a coupe so there’s a few hundred pounds more weight. RWD is never going to fair very well against an AWD car with similar horse power. They do these races to the 1/4 only. Rolling start or 1/2 mile run and it’s a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

REALZEUS likes this.
  20. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There are bone stock F8 run in high 9s and tons of 10.1~10.2 @140mph+. It is RWD, not very easy to get most of out it without sticky tires and tires up to temperature. If they had done multiple runs, the F8 time would get better after each pass as tires warm up even with the Pirelli PZ4 tires.

After having 3 hybrid super cars, Taycan Turbo S, and Plaid, I love the intant punch off the line. Eray is pretty badass, if I could get one at or slightly over MSRP, I would love to get one. There is nearly no equal on the street up to 30mph, virtually invincible for those stop light to stop light runs.

21. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Agreed on the video production, but IMO, no exotics belong on a drag strip! The Corvette does, cause it's a Chevy, even though it did a dam good job for trying to rip off a 458 in every way, shape and form. My friend on the inside of Chevy, told me they bought a 458, broke it down and copied everything as much as possible, barring too much / law suits. I still do give it hats off, it's one hell of a looker and performer for the price, but at the end of the day it's a CHEVY MANG!

Attached Files:

22. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    your 'friend' is lying or he doesn't exist. Chevrolet or GM absolutely did not buy a 458 and tear it down as part of their R&D for the C8-- completely made up story by you or someone previous to you.

Coincid and Art138 like this.
  23. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    It looked like the Lambo and F8 were driven in AUTO. No hand shifting appeared in the cockpit videos. Did they not use launch control in the F8 also? 2.7 0-60 is good, but just curious if the outcome would have different in manual shifting mode.

24. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    If you use Launch control, there is no 'hand shifting'-- it shifts on its own just before redline. Just mash it and hold on.

stretchgeneral likes this.