Haley and Chelle's 04/05/06 project update | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Haley and Chelle's 04/05/06 project update

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Chelle, Mar 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx guys,
    Formula 1- nope.. not Aston, we had considered that, and I got the time to crawl all over an Aston V12 but getting it to fit just wasn't working..

Work is progressing, last night was prepwork on the trunk and back window area. Tonight I hope to have all the fiberglass work done to that area. Going to wait to install the back window itself until it comes back from paint.
    It's really depressing having all these events happening already and not being able to drive it though. Wish I had the money to buy that 308 Mike posted about..we could be driving.. of course that would take away from valuable working on the car time too.. if I don't get the thing ready for paint soon Haley is going to lock me in the garage till it is ready for the painter..

okay - everyone do me a big favor, no one have any fun till we get to join in!!

please?

okay, just kidding.. have fun, but no gloating about it.. ;)
    and someone get me a decent loan so I can pick up a 308 or Haley could get an Elise to hold us over :)
    Chelle

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    October 1st is your deadline. That'll be a special drive where we need your car.
    :)

Glad to hear about the fibreglass work. I'll need somebody's help eventually to add a fuel filler on my car.

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Chelle,
    When you get your fuel filler correct, make a mold of it to apply to Andreas' car.

Why are going to paint the rear window???? :D

Thank you Andreas, but it will be a while.

If all works according to plan, it won't be out until next spring, rebuilt engine and trans.

Bill

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice thought, but very different fuel filler. GTO has basically a pipe with that cool looking chrome end. Mine will be a recessed pipe with a cover plate over it.

Actually parts wise I think I should be able to source it from anything modern. It is more the reliability of the plumbing that concerns me: Just like the GTO the pipe will go straight through the trunk.

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Stupid me, I claim head wound thought impairment, of course it would be different. Go ahead, make fun of me and my disability...... just kidding.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Chelle. Michael at FVM has a decent 308 that is VERY Reasonable,Right Now....(They have plenty of Elises there,too....:) )

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam exaggerates; he's always had a disability.

Or multiple and lingering 'Brain Farts', as I call it!

Billiam, 'This is Major Tom to Ground Control'............wake UP!!! :)

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #58 Chelle, Apr 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OKee Andreas, but there are a buncha deadlines before that - I hafta get the thing ready for paint in next couple days..
    And I'd welcome a small fiberglass project.. really I often promise more than I should because I want to do more than I have time for - but making a filler cap section is tiny, completely reengineering a car or restoring another, well, I'd love to in theory, but I have this job thing and need time after work for a life :) but a gas cap I can do :) AFTER this one is done

Har har :) "The first rule of Italian driving: What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter,"
    Oh I know Frank.. i would LOVE to make that happen :)
    Haley's my best friend.. for all the stress I put her through with this car and other stuff I wish I could give her an Elise or 308 .. prolly wouldn't make up for it all, but ..

for an update on the car BTW I snapped a few pics while out walking the dogs this morning the trunk is roughed in, this should give everyone an idea of the progress there. Please ingnore the messy garage.. we have been busy in there.
    Chelle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No rush on the tank filler. I'm planning in years, not months...

She is looking better all the time. The rear is going to look very authentic. And after repaint, please don't put that S/F sticker back on.

And those seats need to go eventually. The tall headrest gives it away too easily. Says somebody who uses a pair of ugly Vette seats...

10. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Andreas, yep, those seats are gone, but replaced with racing seats that are just as tall, I figured that it would be a goodly idea for the added safety they have.

And now for something completely different...

Yep, It is official, I am now going thru withdrawls, complete with the shakes, the sweats and hot/cold flashes. It is May and too stinkin' cold to drop the top on my Spyder, driving games on the Playstation can hold one off for a little bit, but I am just plain in panic mode now. :( Ever since I was little I have adored Sir Enzo's creations, so much so that there is a Lamborghini sitting in our garage and I would rather drive a Ferrari rebody....well, all 'cept the bondomobile! ;) We do hope that when all is said and done with the GTO, that it will be a car that will finally be worthy of running the streets with "Chicago's stable of thoroughbreds" and the wonderful company such creatures draw.

People at work see the pics of the car and ask me why we are doing what we are doing...why we are going thru all of this...why in the world do you need that engine...where can you even use something like that?...

I try to answer in a way they may understand...somehow explain the enjoyment I get from hearing those engines, seeing those cars glide down the road, or admiring the graceful lines while parked awaiting its loving owner to turn the ignition yet another time...I wish they just understood "S/F".

I am just glad that I do! :)

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Haley, it always was worthy.

Now it will just be more worthy!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Forget that. I have long ago given up on explaining any of the stuff I do to anybody. You do it for yourself and if you happen to come across somebody who understands, be thankful. I understand why you are doing what you do.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    awfully quiet

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Today, this thread?

So umm, what are your plans this weekend?

RocketBoy

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My plans are getting the car ready for next weekend's Lombard parade. Maybe Chelle and Haley are working towards the same goal?

16. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Im taking the fiancee out to tonight. Tomorrow detailing the Durango and H2. Durango gets a little more attention because ever since I purchased the H2 it has always been outside. If I can wake up early enough, will take the 575 out for a spin. Late afternoon, narrow down a house choice which I guess kills ownership of a Ferrari. Sunday do the Mom thing, brunch or something.

How many Chicago Fchat people have worked on their own replica car in the same scale as the girls?

We already have a Daytona in our group driven by a friendly talkative guy. It wouldn't shock me if there are more self built car stories than what we are aware of.

RocketBoy

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd say only Daytonarick and I. I do know a bunch of replica folks, but they're not from Chitown.

18. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Hiya :)
    yeah I've been a lil quiet on this thread as, well, it's progressing - but it's home and in the more tedious bodywork stages... to most a picture a day in this stage would appear to show no progress..

Tonight I'll take some pics I'm hoping saturday to have everything from doors back ready for paint - sunday tackle the nose.. then paint.. lol, maybe first drive the car makes it on there won't be an interior... but it's coming :)

the Daytona guys I know all are nice people - I don't know how much work they do on their own cars though ...
    Chelle

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I "Clay-Barred",Polished,and Waxed the 308 today. Then went for a spin.....

22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    just saw this thread in the "other" thread......

Chelle and Haley, you passion, your hard work, and your dedication are inspiring, all i can say is wow!.... and WE NEED MORE PICS ! :) i fab stuff on aircraft all the time, but the things you have done together are incredible. i bet that v12 is going to SCREAM in that car, pretty please keep us all posted, i have GREATLY enjoyed reading this thread today. seeing your work progress from start to finish has been a real treat. :) Michael

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am in constant AWE of their work. Absolutely incredible,isn't it! :)

24. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't think that they are going to part with the Uracco. Did you see the thread showing all of the work that they put into THAT Car?....:)