Hamilton criticizes 2011 car | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Hamilton criticizes 2011 car

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Mar 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thank god for kimi and hammy that fred received that grid penalty in hungary 07 or fred would have been wdc that year also.

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    You think Alonso is on the same level as Button. LOL. IMO, last year proved that Hamilton is not as good as people think. Still top 3 best but not the best.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Agree John. Hamilton is the real deal.

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No, I never said that - you put those words in my mouth because your "the same way he beat Button LOL" backfired on you when you realized that Hammy did beat Button by a fair bit.

You're not going to get much support for your idea that Hamilton entered F1 and got worse... and in his first year of F1, he beat Alonso. That's just what happened, regardless of how badly you wish it wasn't true.

They will never race again in equal cars, because Alonso would never stand for it. He made it clear he only races on unequal footing. And when he was on equal footing with Lewis, he lost.

All of your other justifications and presumptions and arguments are irrelevant to that simple fact. Creating a string of logic between Hammy and Button and Alonso and other drivers to justify the belief that Alonso is better is frankly meaningless... because they did race together, and we already know the result. If you don't, check the 2007 record books.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Hamilton beat Alonso so badly on the track and more importantly MENTALLY that Alonso left and his title sponsor STAYED and fullfilled the contract with Mclaren, and the much heralded Lewis. Not much more speaks to defeat than that. RETREAT! :)

Fernando folded like a beach chair, left the team when faced with the rookie Lewis.
    Rather than face LH again he went to Renault. The mark of a champion eh?

Please counter those FACTS.

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ha!

Your comment backfired on you. I caught you in saying that Hamilton would beat Alonso by about as much as he beat Button. Therefore, you obviously think Alonso and Button are on the same level. Ouch. Kinda shows how much you know about the sport (and really illustrates how much of a FA hater you are).

Also, Hamilton only beat Button by 26 points, not very much with the new points scale. Even with the whole team against him, Alonso still tied Hamilton on points and once he stopped sharing his setups about halfway through 2007 with Hamilton he outpaced him comprehensively.

Alonso didn't "fold like a beach chair," he had a falling out with Ronnie and since he blew the whistle on the whole McLaren spy saga and decided to leave. In fact, the only thing that folded like a beach chair was Hamilton's 2007 title campaign, LOL! And like someone else brought up, LH is real lucky FA got that grid penalty in Hungary otherwise FA wouldn't have tied on points, he would have been ahead.

Fact of the matter is, Hamilton has gotten less consistent since his rookie year. He struggled to beat Massa in 2008, I mean come on...(and he was wayyy lucky to win that one). Alonso absolutely crapped on Massa last year.

Oh well, it will be fun to watch all the Alonso haters get pissed when FA kicks Hamilton's ass again this year...

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That wouldn't have anything to do with a sponsor contract with McLaren that they were bound to fulfill...DURRRR

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One thing I do recall is hammy setting up his car differently than FA at the british gp that year and although he grabbed pole hammys setup sucked on full tanks and he went backwards faster than massa in a rain race. Hammys a fast driver but fast alone does not a good driver make....FA did not feel comfortable at a British team with wunder kid and dennis protege hammy and he has often said that he never had a problem with hammy, just mclaren.

we have and can continue to debate this ad naseum...I'm starting to wonder what witth mclarens woes how much longer hammy will be content there...by that I mean what if their car is a dog next year also...does hammy start shopping himself?

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Thanks for making it so easy. The bank has more character than Alonso. His retreat from LH only proves his lack strength, character and competitive spirit. A business like a bank has more? Thanks mate :)

The bank could have easily left. They showed up with Alonso. Mclaren would have done what had they left? Nothing.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I would have excluded him for the race, but whatever.

You know why he had a grid penalty, right?

11. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Are you slow? Apparently you are because sponsor contracts cannot be broken like driver contracts...

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Doesn't matter, had that not happened he would have beaten Hamilton in the points and thus would have been unquestionably faster and more skilled according to SRTMike.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Does matter. The whole reason it happened is because Alonso was scared that Hamilton would beat him in qualifying. IIRC, Hamilton WAS faster that weekend anyhow.

He's an immature prat, but it's funny to watch when the toys fall out of his pram.

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yep but Fred would have still podiumed and been wdc...

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    See above post.

His own stupid fault.

'if if if'

16. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know its his fault-and as I said I'm glad he did it as it allowed kimi to win it!!!!

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :)

18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    The good old pram line...time for some new material.

19. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti
    Wow ! The Hammy fanbois on here remind me of the Schumy fanbois of the past, whew !!!