Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 129 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Perez was the champion of the day. Legendary drive.

HotShoe and Bas like this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I’m glad my remarks annoy you as well. My reply was directed at terra.

Bas likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    did he really? Had a shunt with grosjean….any more? Ps that was his second season racing cars after karting…

jpalmito likes this.
  4. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    HAM has 7 titles, he's a great driver in a great car. You either like him or not, but I won't say he deserves more respect. If you disagree, that's fine.

Oh, here's a message from the 7 time champ:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kiwi Nick likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

His fashion sense is certainly under appreciated ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito likes this.
  6. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Why isn't Lewis participating with the team in post-season testing?

7. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    That right-rear tire worn clear down to the cord surely didn’t help. Team should’ve pitted him sooner.

8. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Let me guess. That message is "I don't have a clue how to dress!"

9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Hes a great a role model. I wish more drivers could be like him.

PureEuroM3 and Nortonious like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

I think it was planned all along but I would certainly also comprehend him still digesting what happened

surfwolf likes this.
  11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Charming

12. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Yup, if only he didn't whine on the radio, kneel before the race, wear funny colored clothes, braid his hair, and in general look like he does he'd be a great driver.

absostone and jpalmito like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

So things you don’t like have nothing to do with racing…
    As far as whining they all do it, including Kimi;)

lorenzobandini likes this.
  14. Banzai!

Banzai! Karting

Mar 1, 2013
    I was taught a long time ago that respect is EARNED, not given. And its based on character not how many trophies are in your cabinet. Sorry but Lewis "deserves" nothing. He has to earn it just like everyone else. No amount of cheering from his fan base will ever change that in my mind.

HotShoe, Frank_C, ingegnere and 2 others like this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Team orders....reportedly, Hamilton was attempting to dissuade the lodging of the protest. I don't know if that's fact or hearsay, but it's been reported on

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Was a bit of tongue in cheek attempt since a lot of his detractors seem to criticize things unrelated to his racing performance and ambassadorship of the sport. As someone who has not been a fan, I find him to be in the top 3 GOATS and he still has years to go.

Terra likes this.
  17. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    I've heard it too. Makes sense as winning the appeal will give him an empty tainted championship and losing the appeal would be embarrassing. Better to let Max enjoy the empty tainted championship.

Terra likes this.
  18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A person who is unwilling under any circumstances to change their mind is known as a religious nut.

Terra and lorenzobandini like this.
  19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Man some of this wording is way off guys. Empty tainted championship? Max fought Lewis the entire season and whipped his but all year. And no one has since 2016. Max didnt crash the guy for the win, He was told to go ! Race time . this is it. And he did it. IMO.

stavura, JJ, RobertJRB and 1 other person like this.
  20. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    They came to the last race dead even. No one kicked no one's rear end. Lewis beat Max fair and square from the start of the race until the second half of the last lap when Masi messed it up. Max did what he was supposed to do but everyone knows he was losing the race by over 11 seconds. I'm not a Lewis or Max fan, but if I won a race the way Max did I'd feel it's an empty, undeserved, and tainted win.

21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Not Maxs problem. Yeah he was behind , Luck changed for lu , max raced the only lap that was available and won. Ya know what ? anywhere lh or Merc is involved the past years there is always controversy, if not favoritism. Now that its over there is more controversy. I wish he would go away to much bs. Oh and you know what else? Lh can get 8th gjooat win another day.

22. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Not fond of Hamilton's politics. Not fond of his whining in the car. Not fond of his goofball fashion. Not fond of his non-racer personae. However, I was touched by his post race poise and grace. When I looked at the expression on his face and the tone of his voice as he made his comments after the race, my gut told me it was sincere and genuine. Lewis, your political and social antics drive me crazy, but you have my respect for the way you handled this defeat. Hats off to you, and your father. Now, perhaps you can talk your crazy boss Toto off the ledge.

stavura, Scuderia Niels, JJ and 3 others like this.
  23. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Couldn’t agree more.

When it mattered most when no lapped cars would interfere, he got owned by Max.

That is why it will never be an empty and truly a well deserved championship.

As far as his legacy is concerned George Russel showed the world what, not whom won the championships.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JJ and FordGTDriver like this.
  24. Banzai!

Banzai! Karting

Mar 1, 2013
    Not sure if you've ever raced anything or been involved in a championship battle, but I doubt either driver feels cheated or empty. It was a season long battle with ebbs and flows. The story is much more than a single race. I can tell you Max feels that plenty of calls this year went against him. In fact his comments indicate he believed that the cards were stacked against him going into the final round. No doubt, he feels he more than deserved a break and it was an epic championship win against all odds. The achievement of a lifelong dream that he and his whole family has sacrificed everything for.

And Lewis, he has nothing to feel ashamed of. All you can do is your best and thats exactly what he did that race and most of the season. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't no matter how hard you try. Your wins and losses are only as great as your competition. Two of the current best went at it with all they had. Thats what this season will be remembered for. That, plus the questionable calls from the FIA which will run as a byline to the championship story. I'm sure that years from now, both Max and Lewis will look back at this season with pride, knowing they were the key players in a season for the Formula One ages.

JJ, RobertJRB, Terra and 1 other person like this.
  25. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Nice Banzai. I want to say more but I wont. Not towards you but towards merc and the driver.