Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    No kidding....these cars could be driven from the pits while the pilot takes a 5 lap nap. Mike was simply the best driver ever hands down. The Merc could be driven to the podium by anyone on the grid today.

HotShoe likes this.
  2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Undeniable power house and talent. Love him or hate him Hamilton is one of the greats.

Unfortunately though their dominance and the disparity between teams has turned F1 into a snooze fest. I’ve followed F1 since the mid 80’s but I decided today that I’m done watching until things change. I’ll still catch the highlights but the races have gotten so predictable and boring it just isn’t worth my time IMO. Factor in the kneeling and the political pandering on top of the boredom and it’s just too much. At least in the past I had the sound and beauty of the cars to keep me enthralled when we had a boring season.

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Post of the day.

HotShoe likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I also followed f1 since the early 80’s not missing a race and am the biggest senna fan ever but although the sound was much better , those 2 years they had together weren’t much better (suspense aside) than what we have now. It was always a 1-2 Prost senna. The 1992 season was predictable too, the 1993 as well, 96 same thing, 02,03,04 were super boring. It’s not uncommon for f1 to be like that, just not for that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktu, Terra, Boomhauer and 1 other person like this.
  5. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I agree.

I stuck through those dull years as well but there is just something missing now. Lol, maybe I’m just getting more impatient as I age. :)

I appreciate that F1 has always been the pinnacle of Motorsport and I don’t want to curtail its development but something needs to be done to make it happen interesting again.

Till then thank God for old races on YouTube. :) I think now I’ll watch old IMSA Group C races instead.

Natkingcolebasket69 and jpalmito like this.
  6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Less than 1% of the people not living on that island get "British humor"

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It is not 2 teams that run away and hide, it is 2 drivers on different teams that run and hide.
    {At this moment Perez and Bottas as half way between mid field and front runners.}

william, ktu and HotShoe like this.
  8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What needs to happen is to unleash development (i.e. testing)
    We have yet to see what is going to happen with the budget cap--could go either way {much better or much worse}

HotShoe likes this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The Dutch excel at it.

Very funny bunch of flatlanders

Bas likes this.
  10. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What is the total number of F1 starts for Lewis? How many times did MS race in F1 over the course of his career?

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Schumacher 308 GP starts

Hamilton 270 GP starts

Mark(study) likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Cavallino Nero Rampante and ktu like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I really thought Hamilton would leave if he wins this year, especially since they added more races. Mercedes seems to want him involved with the regulation change.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think he genuinely loves racing and fears he would miss it if he left F1 too early.

He is very successful and still at the top of his game.

Only a change of Mercedes fortune could change his mind; there is no sign of that, the team is still at the top.

HotShoe and ktu like this.
  15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So he loves racing, but only if given a dominant car?

stavura, fil, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

Helping the Williams team would be a great solution for both team and driver.
    Hamilton keeps saying he wants close racing but he will cruise to 10 x WDC's with Mercedes.

This is not the first season that Mercedes have turned down their engines for perception reasons.

stavura, Nortonious and jpalmito like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't know what to make of that comment, obviously made out of spite.

Why would a top driver give up his advantage just to please his critics?

Terra, fer312t, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  18. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Would fall in line with him being spotted testing the new 18" wheels at Imola and when later asked, said he planned on being in the sport next year & therefore, wanted to participate in testing the new setup.

ktu likes this.
  19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think he's simply trying to decypher your comment.

You claim he loves racing. Good.

But you also claim he'd retire if the Mercedes wasn't good. He's not jumping ship, where is he saying that?

If he loves racing, he'd continue no matter how good or bad the Mercedes is, right? Your statement contradicts itself.

20. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Because they are so desperate to find any angle and excuse. It's quite pathetic actually.

21. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    He loves racing at the top of his game and he's in a fight with Max this year. He relishes that as well as the history that will be written about it.

pilotoCS, ktu and william like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

My remark was in reply to posts #466 and #467 .

Terra likes this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He enjoys this duel because he knows it’s not really a duel. The performance/reliability combination of his Mercedes is substantially superior over a full year.

stavura, 375+, fil and 2 others like this.
  24. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I simply asked a question based on a reasonable inference of your own words.

You don't know what to make of my question, and yet you can tell it was "obviously made out of spite"

Are you calling me spiteful? Careful now, people have gotten banned for less around here. I could care less, but some among us seem to love reporting such things.

My question and your previous words had nothing to do with ham hypothetically CHOOSING to leave a dominant merc car.

Read your own words again, then perhaps actually answer the question.

Bas likes this.