Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 357 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Can’t speak for the others but you clearly haven’t read many of my past posts regarding this.

As I’ve said before, I have the utmost respect for Lewis’s racing accomplishments. I’ve watched his career since Autoweek first placed him on the cover when he was a kid. Indeed nobody wins 7 WDC’s without incredible skill and talent. However, I don’t respect his persona and off track theater, politics, or entitled, whiny attitude. He has evolved into an insufferable, aging prima donna.

What is it about Hamilton fans that make them so sensitive? Where is your sense of humor? Honestly, what do you care? As much as I love Senna and Schumacher I could care less if you want to talk trash or make jokes about them 24/7. God forbid anyone says anything about Lewis though.

If you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen :D

PS - if he turns around and gets another WDC at Ferrari I’ll be the first to congratulate him and eat my giant crow sandwich :)

Bas and SS454 like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for the fair post and your view. I think the haters are the ones sensitive. They even had a problem with me calling him Sir Lewis Hamilton. Max fights off track and curses him team out often. Gets a attitude in the post race conferences. You think Max insufferable?

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Dont worry Pal soon I wont be watching and get rid of my ferrari. I dont want to be associated with that guy. Some face they chose to represent F1, All political activism,

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I suggest that's the best thing for you to do. But it simply won't matter in the big picture, you can sell your Ferrari, hat, tshirt and socks. He is still the face of F1.

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If MS were in that situation and going for an 8th WDC you can be damn sure that he would have put up a much more aggressive defense than Lewis managed. I think most any driver going for a (singular race) win would have put up a much more aggressive defense than Lewis did. So thanks for pointing that out.

SS454, jgonzalesm6 and HotShoe like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I dont need your suggestions.

Bas likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think if Charlie Whiting was in that situation , you can be damn sure he would have used the correct procedure more so than Masi did.

8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I wouldn’t say I’m a big Max fan either. He is winning me over though with his “If my mom..” comment from the Miami post race. :D

Bas and absostone like this.
  9. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    lol, if you can't defend and win by racing then ..........

Bas likes this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If you can't win with out a tire advantage then.....

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes left Hamilton out on 39lap old tires.

12. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Don’t flatter yourself. Most just enjoy the joust. Nobody really gives a flying **** what you or jimmyb think about anything.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Totally within the rules.

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not a good move imo.

15. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Mercedes took that decision knowing the rulebook. The race director just did his own thing and it flipped the championship result. Unfair to both Hamilton and Verstappen given that Hamilton lost a title over it and Verstappen was gifted one that'll always be remembered for that reason instead of the great fight he put up throughout the rest of the year. In any case, Hamilton has plenty of titles and Verstappen has some non-controversial ones too. Life goes on...

All the best,
    Andrew.

jimmyb and ktu like this.
  16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Tone it down, please.

Thanks,
    Andrew.

jimmyb likes this.
  17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #8917 jimmyb, May 15, 2024 at 1:02 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2024 at 1:10 PM
    And there is you guys' problem in a nutshell...you can't separate the "great driver" from the political stance and fashion choices (Hint: they are not related)
    Nice try.
    If I'm so upset, I should probably post 7 times a day on average as you do rather than my paltry .27 times a day on average...

PS. Do me a favor. When you are responding directly to me (using a quoted post), leave out the word "GOAT". I have never called LH the GOAT, nor do I believe there is any such thing as a "Greatest of all time". There can be "Greatest at this moment" (that would be Max right now), but "All time" is a LONG period and a silly comment used by fan boys.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    See you think it's all to do with fashion and political stances but it's not. I've explained it a million times but all you lot will accept is us saying Lewis is GREAT. You said it yourself.

Post shaming now too, lol.

No I refuse to do you any favours for you.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  19. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I never said he wasn't a great driver. One can be great and can still be overrated.

You're right, I don't think it was luck he had a dominant car for 8 years. I believe he knew Mercedes had all 4 aces up their sleeve when he signed in 2013 and the FIA protected Mercedes dominance. That isn't luck, but it certainly good fortune for Lewis.

Also don't get pissy because people show you facts. How about try having a defense to the facts if you think they are so wrong? How about providing a solid argument to prove your case? Good luck. There is fact upon fact that proves Lewis' career is heavily inflated and he's not such an elite driver. You Lewis fanboys never can dispute it or debunk the facts, instead you resort to insults and name calling. You can't even provide any positivity towards Lewis. You are simply always on the defense with nothing to back you up so you make it personal.

Giallo 550 and Bas like this.
  20. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Translation:

Don't hate on my idol, go hate on the guy that I hate.

Giallo 550 and Bas like this.
  21. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I think you are right. He would have allowed all the cars to unlap themselves earlier like normal SC procedures. Glad we can agree on something.

22. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Listen, if you don't want a Ferrari because Lewis Hamilton drives for them, I am more than happy to take it off your hands. Seeing as how you're a "motivated" seller, my offer is 20% of the listed book value. Just trying to help...;)

absostone likes this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    ^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^
    Plus he is an unrelenting narcissist. Other than that he is a fine driver.

SS454 and jimmyb like this.
  24. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I shouldn't have called it a "favor", I should have said "Please get it RIGHT if you are going to quote my posts". Should be simple.
    As far as the rest of this drivel, call him whatever you want....

Besides, I'm just trying to get my post count up.

25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Nice way to admit Masi didn't follow normal procedures. And Charlie probably would not have unlapped earlier, and would have given the pace car additional laps if needed. Basically either way we agree that he would have followed the rules.