Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 60 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    “It is difficult from the outside,” said Alonso. “It looked quite close, Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max.

“So, in a way, Lewis could not disappear from the inside line, it’s not that you can vanish.

“It was an unfortunate moment of the race, but nothing intentional or nothing that any of the two driv

2. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Captain BS at it again :D

He couldn't even be honest with Nicole.

Bas and lagunacc like this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max was the epitome of that today under pressure as well. Most drivers have this. MS had moments under pressure and failed. Human beings are drivers yes?

4. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    “It is difficult from the outside,” said Alonso. “It looked quite close, Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max.

“So, in a way, Lewis could not disappear from the inside line, it’s not that you can vanish.

“It was an unfortunate moment of the race, but nothing intentional or nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong in my opinion.

“That was an unlucky moment.”

Incredibly well said. I remember in Texas a few years ago when Lewis asked Max why he tried to take a risky chance. Max replied (I don't remember saying what) and Lewis said "But you had so much more to lose." And Max did lose on that day.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Rational view and one taken by others in the paddock. I know what my contacts tell me is very similar. It was a racing incident overall to many on site. Nothing intentional. Neither driver set themselves up well for success in this 1 corner today. We did have excitement and can toss our beer and attitude around here lol :)

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis was talking to Max about the move on Ocon at Brazil at the Senna S's. Ocon was trying to unlap himself and took the inside line while Max took the correct racing line and Ocon's front tire clipped Max's rear tire thereby spinning Max. That's also when Max "pushed" Ocon inside the FIA weight garage.

If that's what racing is about-->clipping the lead car's rear tires to spin the lead car then I'm sure Max will return the favor.....karma as Alonso would say.

7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ricciardo believes Lewis went in too hot against Max in the corner.

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003

Max Verstappen,
    why don't you come to your senses,
    come down from your fences,
    Open the gate, it may be raining,
    but there's a rainbow above you
    You better let somebody love you,
    before its too late.....

9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    My apologies I meant to insert DF1's quote.

IMO a racing incident and Max will be back on the grid in Hungary long before the Hamilton haters have eviscerated their bile.

And, FWIW, good on Charles and Sergio, They'll be back at the top before too long.

10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Your forgetting Zandvoort.....Lewis will need an army to protect him.

11. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    #1486 cairns, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    In Austria (2018 as I recall) Max pulled the same move on LeClerc but from the inside. I won't even go into Schumacher and countless others.

Would be nice to see the same comments from the Ham haters we're seeing today.

F'n hypocrites.

And if anyone thought Hamilton deliberately mangled his left front to take Verstappen out (or even meant to touch him) you're beyond stupid.

Put him into the wall my ass. For God's sakes stop the stupiitidy.

12. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Lewis is going to need protection from Jos as well :D

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    F1'n hypocrites ?!?

14. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Meh, one man's "desperation" is another's agression.
    He won the race dude - another composed determined, come from behind win from Lewis.

15. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Yep he won And the haters are crying like babies.

16. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Wow Twitter is nuts. Multiple posts with racist abuse and claiming he should be killed.

On Reddit a Mod said they already removed (!) 6000 racist posts.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, F2003-GA, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  19. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Even if it was "just a racing incident," LH takes no responsibility for his involvement. I think that is what bothers people. It is evidence of no class and poor sportsmanship, no matter whose fault, or even nobody's fault.

Other people think the attitude it takes to be the champion means "at all costs" and callous in nature. Lewis at least displayed the latter.

If your definition of class and sportsmanship is different ... well there you go.

fil, stavura, Beau365 and 4 others like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

My take on the incident is.
    1-I think Lewis is more at fault.
    2-I think the cat is out of the bag now. These 2 don’t like each other’s. For years Hamilton didn’t really care because verstappen wasn’t his main competitor but he always let it known he thought max was too agressive.
    3-This moment was coming up. Clearly- Max has a car to win this year, the field is more leveled.
    He had interviews where he hinted that Lewis only was the champ because of the car he drives. The shot was aimed to say: hey Lewis u are good but I’m better and u probably not deserving of being WDC over me.
    4-Hamilton is starting to be and feel desperate, this race doesn’t really change the overall changing of the guards we have seen this year. Hamilton and Verstappen are both Alfa dogs and Lewis is not used to being challenged. He has made mistakes this year and has realized now that he has to be super agressive to be world champion
    5-Let’s not forget where the GP was: England, full crowd. I believe a fair penalty was either a drive through or a stop and go but it was never gonna happen. Not there at least.

Formula one desperately needs a close championship, a rivalry and quite possible a new champion.

I wouldn’t want be Hamilton when they go to Holland for the The gp there.

That being said, I don’t think the view of Hamilton being at fault and hated that you see on this forum is necessarily as strongly shared everywhere.

Leclerc thought he was a racing Incident and the French media I read thought the same…

Either way It’s done: bring on Hungary with hopefully a max at 100%!!

gh0st0, GuyIncognito, stavura and 3 others like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Ever seen Verstappen take responsibility for his actions? Not in the heat of the moment at least.
    We all saw what he tried to do with ocon…so 0 class goes both ways. He only apologized way after.

Other the course of his young career I’d argue that factually Lewis has had less incidents than max has had… either way I think this is good for f1…

william and ktu like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

That is unacceptable and worrying.
    The proof also that the deep movements in society have nothing to do with the surface marketing that they want to impose on us.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Ah....no. Max is just racing or he would have got a penalty or the issue declared a racing incident. The team of professional stewards seem to think it was Ham's fault too hence the penalty.

24. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    More of the "Lewis is gay" trope?

25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Lewis (not Louis) did express concern. He asked his team in short order over the radio if is Max is okay.