Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 83 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Which is why Senna is not GOAT.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Honestly never played Kimi in a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Making Toleman relevant is enough of a feat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimCity3, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Right but that doesn't change the fact that they were not a team in shambles, they podiumed regularly. Your post was misleading, but it's all good.

william likes this.
  5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In all seriousness, this topic has not only been beaten to death, but had a hydrogen bomb dropped on it postmortem. Can we just close this thread already? I can’t imagine there possibly being anything more to say by any participant.

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

There is no GOAT.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With this I agree. There are Greatest of Their Current Era, but it's impossible to look at the entire history of F1 and point out a true GOAT. Different eras require a different style of driving. Who knows, maybe Schumacher would've been totally inept in the 50s cars, and Jim Clark completely unable to get his head round aero cars.

8. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    100 %.

9. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well, you are answering your own question. The silver 'ideology' was a racing purpose solution, nothing else. But since then silver was THE German racecar color. They kept the respect for the tradition for nearly 80 years. Changing this drastically and aborting the tradition because of a political statement has absolutely nothing to do with sports.

'Founders' is maybe not the best word, call them inventors or so. You surely have heard of Alfred Neubauer. Mercedes driver Manfred von Brauchitsch found the idea of stripping the paint off after Neubauer exclaimed: 'Jetzt sind wir die Gelackmeierten'.

mcimino likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I know perfectly the story behind it, and read quite a bit about that era too.

Cars don't race under national colours anymore, but the OFFICIAL colour for Germany is still listed as WHITE.

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Are you sure..take a gfood look again at Ferrari, Aston and Alpine....it's not coincidence....

mcimino likes this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    But then Hammy shows up wearing silly clothes. So on it goes.

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I, personally, do not disagree with that statement.

16. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    He should have played as himself. In a Marussia.

All good though. Seems we agree. Lewis deserves as much respect as a politician.

pilotoCS likes this.
  17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hamilton's talent as a driver is awesome. He's a formidable champion and worthy of respect for what he can do in a Formula 1 car.

It's the two-faced answers he gives on even seemingly unimportant issues in order to try to cultivate popularity that make people dislike his personality.

All the best,
    Andrew.

stavura, SimCity3, sammysaber and 7 others like this.
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    An investigation? No. I read F1 related stuff and I have a pretty good memory. If I read something that I think contradicts the other, it doesn't take a genius to go on google, type in the necessary keywords and find the relative story. Doesn't take longer than 30 seconds, really.

You accuse people of having racist motivations (seriously, who is more obsessed here? Your baseless accusations or those coming with facts?) and when you get an answer you don't like, you brush it aside and call the other obsessed.

I'm not a fan of most politicians either, precisely for the reason you highlight yourself. So why should I like Hamilton just because he can get a car around a track quickly? I never liked Alonso until recently, yet no daily enquiry on that, or ask why I hate Spanish people, or people with bushy eye brows.

sammysaber and jpalmito like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have never done such thing, but you keep repeating it .

The insinuation is so strong that I had to report your post.

21. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    You have, and you have done it to me. I've ignored it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Perhaps I should have reported your post rather than taking the high road.

jpalmito likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You should show me your evidences.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

I have seen many instances where @william has insinuated that people are biased in their assessments, but I have been unable to find instances where he has accused others of being racist without also providing justification for the charge at the time he made it.

@Bas and @JJ, I would like to see the supporting evidence for the accusation that William is unjustly accusing others of racism. Please locate those specific posts and hit the report button.

All the best,
    Andrew.

william likes this.
  24. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    #2074 JJ, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    You're really going to make me go back and reread this thread? :D

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No problem. He makes sure he hides it under the thinnest of veils, so he can get away with it. He even said so himself:
    He's quite careful not to spell it out because he knows he'll get banned for it. He's made plenty more of such accusations but frankly speaking I can't be bothered to waste my Sunday going through the endless drivel. He's had his explanation plenty of times over the years why Lewis is disliked by people, but he prefers to go with a reason he's made up.