Hamilton vs. Rosberg - the educated (?) debate | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Hamilton vs. Rosberg - the educated (?) debate

Discussion in 'F1' started by maulaf, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Your missing a option, never mind about Lewis, if that turns out to be the case, he'd be better be saying, Mclaren and uncle Ron here I come.

Fans missing out on a battle, in which if it carries on Ricci could nick it.

Ferrari and Fred would it could help them.

I was under the impression the highlighted bit was already the case, Nico appears to think differently.

But it's up to them, I wouldn't think Bernie and his show, would be to chuffed about it either.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That would depend if you have a loose cannon on the team, that apparently wanted to make a point, and thought nothing of the consequences.

3. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    But fchat loves nico?

If nico gets from the back to a podium I'll be impressed.
    If he does it on a track like Hungary I will be amazed. And if he gets to a podium and beats his team mate then id say he's as good as lewis.

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The trick would be to never be at the back of the grid in the first place.

5. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    If your car fails not much you can do

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Self inflicted

7. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Trolling again I see

8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

You 'toiling' as a troll I see lol!

9. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Better than a TOILet joke so I'll take it

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I wouldn't lay down an absolute rule. Find someone that both drivers agree is neutral within the team to make the call as the races progresses.
    These guys will wipe each other out if a strong hand does not intervene.
    Bottom line... Mercedes is in this for the money in one fashion or another.
    Drivers taking each other out is EXPENSIVE.

11. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Two kids with expensive toys...and your expectation is...

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Call me a cynic, but button saying Hamilton is fast is like saying "I must be awesome too, because I beat him"

I mean, if he said "Hamilton isn't all that fast" he'd be putting himself down too. lol...ridiculous article.

Jenson Button believes Lewis Hamilton is one of the fastest drivers in F1 history and says he is impressed with the mental strength his former McLaren team-mate has shown this year.

Button and Hamilton were team-mates between 2010 and 2012 at McLaren, during which time they recorded 18 wins together. Although their partnership was not without controversy, with Hamilton colliding with his team-mate at Montreal in 2011 and tweeting confidential telemetry information in 2012, Button says he has fond memories of their time together and holds his compatriot in the highest regard.

"He's one of the fastest to ever jump into a Formula One car," Button said. "His natural ability is probably better than anyone in terms of outright speed. But we all know Formula One is not all about natural ability, it's about how you build on your natural ability and also how your engineering skills are and how you work with hundreds of people within a team to develop a car.

"I think he's good [at that] and when we were team-mates we had a lot of fun racing together. Some of it was controversial, but not a lot of the time."

Hamilton's mental strength was called into question earlier this year after his reaction to Nico Rosberg's mistake in qualifying, which meant he had to abort a lap he thought would earn him pole. But Button thinks Hamilton has shown greater maturity this year than he ever did during the pair's time together at McLaren.

"For me, watching him on TV and speaking to him he seems very comfortable in himself which is not the Lewis I knew when we were team-mates. He seems to be taking it on the chin, with the problems he's had I think he comes across really well.

"I don't know if it's just a front or if it is that he feels confident inside that he can still come back after these problems and fight for the world championship, but I really think he can."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm over it all, just gossip and rubbish

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1...may the best man win. There is a really good battle going on for this year's WDC!

On to Singapore.