Hand Car Wash & Detailer | FerrariChat

Hand Car Wash & Detailer

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Risktaker, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Risktaker

Risktaker Karting

Feb 15, 2014
    Anyone know of a good hand car wash & detailer in the Henderson/Las Vegas area ? I heard that Windy City Wash & Wax off of I-15 & Tropicana does a good job for a fair price but I have not been there.

2. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    #2 TeamF1Jr, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    I've been using Windy City exclusively for a couple years now, and while not perfect, it's the best I'm aware of. They don't open the engine compartment so if you have excess water there to avoid water spots you'll have to do it yourself. If your car is black, you're better off doing the wash yourself. I've used them with my black car a couple times and every time redid the car later when returning home. It often gets very busy there so they tend to move cars outside to do some of the drying and while that may work in cooler months, it's a nightmare when it heats up, just streaks everywhere. Another gripe would be how they clean the rims. They do get into the wheel well, but don't spend enough time doing it to get the inside completely clean. Some rims are easier to clean than others obviously and I assume naturally that is a factor on how in depth they go. The more spokes, the less clean in other words (my Black Series rims are knuckle scrapers for sure). I would just suggest getting there immediately when they open, if possible. When they're busy, plan on sitting in their lobby for 2 plus hours. However, there always seems to be interesting people in there, so time often flys when chatting it up with someone. I've used them for a full detail once, just average, certainly not concours level, but they're not saying it will be that either. In summary, I think the wash they do is very reasonably priced for the time they actually spend on the car for a wash (probably 45 minutes to an hour on the actual car and 1 hour just waiting for them to get to your car when its busy) and without a doubt I recommend taking a car there for wash only. If you're looking for a real good wax detailer, try another place.

I'm hoping others out there have other suggestions as I'm open to trying another place. For now, I've very happy with Windy City.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

+1000. Definitely try to get there when they open, as the wait can be long, but for the price you pay ($35 for my Ferrari), it is worth it. They have a nice seating area where you can see everything they do. I've called several others in the area before using Windy City but they all wanted ridiculous prices. I will never pay $200++ for a car wash/detail job, I'd rather put that money into my cars ;)

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Update on WindyCity Wash on Polaris Ave.
    Turns out they have a nice little scam going.
    Had a Mini Cooper in for the regular wash. They tried to tell me it was a full size car and I was to pay an extra fee for excessive dirt and another fee for pet hair. So if a Mini Cooper is a full size car even though the same size as the Fiat 500 that they show on their site as "compact", what would be my Rolls Royce, a "school bus"?
    I don't own a dog, and the Mini was just dirty from the recent rains. I thought they were a car wash, right? Maybe you should bring them a clean car. LOL.
    Wow, I left there with a very bad taste, it was cheaper when they did my Ferrari, I felt so ripped off. Anyone wanting to give them a try, make sure you know ahead of time what you will be paying.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The other scam going around LV are these "I see scratches in your windshield. That's going to break. I can fix it for free!"

I hate those guys.

6. Risktaker

Risktaker Karting

Feb 15, 2014
    Thanks for the update, good to know.

7. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've used the guys at Penske Wynn (when it was Penske Wynn, miss those days). Jose did a great job. I think it was something like $400 for wash/detail.

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Interesting timing on this thread getting bumped, as I was thinking about starting one myself with the same question. I'm a couple of days into a 2 month road trip around the country and will be in Vegas for 5 days next month. I'm doing my best at keeping the car clean along the way using those self-serve pay-n-spray car washes, but by the time I get to LV I'll have about 5000 miles of crap on my car that I'd like to have cleaned up. I'm not sure how a Ferrari dealership would feel about washing a McLaren, but I'll keep this Windy City place in mind unless someone has some better options.

9. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ferrari wouldn't mind. They wanted me to bring my Mclaren by when I went from Scud to 650S. Tell Rich Jim sent you if you go.

10. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    I just take mine often to the hand car wash people at LVAC gym at Eastern and 215.

Go in and go to gym, come out with clean car. $15 just outside. $25 inside and out.

Get the car cleaned more regularly because I am at that gym every day anyway.

Most convenient find of the year for me! Lol

My Cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider

2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab

Only 2 worth mentioning.......

11. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    #11 BOKE, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The ONLY exotic car detailer in Las Vegas that you need to know is Felix Ceballos from Penske-Wynn Ferrari. His number is 702-672-9068. Please tell Felix that El Chingon referred you.

Here is Felix giving my 1998 355 F1 GTS some love for Espresso and Exotics this Sunday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Holy crap! Felix!!!! I said Jose....opps. :-( Another vote for Felix here. Xenu, is Felix working at Bentley/Ferrari? I didn't think so as I've never seen him. If this is his personal number, I'm going to add it to my contacts.

13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Felix is working independently. His website is Las Vegas Mobile Detail Car Wash | Vegas Auto Detail.

Be sure to tell Felix that El Chingon sent you!!!!

14. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Awesome.. thanks for the suggestions! If you see a blue McLaren driving around followed by a cloud of Pig-Pen style dirt and grime, that'll be me :D

15. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    #15 BOKE, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Give Felix, AKA El Gato a call. He will hook you up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login