Happy President's Day everybody! | FerrariChat

Happy President's Day everybody!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It was time again for some maintenance driving. Went to Navy pier for this shot. After about a minute two security patrol cars showed up and asked me what I was taking pictures of. I said my car, they didn't understand. After some ID check etc they got pretty friendly and we were chatting cars.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
  3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    A likely excuse! So, how did the spy pics turn out?

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. I'm going to print this and take it out to my Garage to show to my 308. Hey,something to start looking forward to. Supposed to get up into the Mid 40's or so by the end of the week. And,some Rain to start washing away some of that Dastardly salt. Hopefully,warm enough for Bob to be able to do some reassembling.:)

BTW...I took my Family to the Allstste Arena,yesterday,for my B-Day,and saw some Monster Trucks,and Freestyle Motocross. Needless to say, Wife and Daughter were grumbling the whole way there. But,after it was over,were O.K. with it. (I had to take them out to Dinner,too...or was it the other way around...:) ) And,ofcourse,Frankie,Jr. was absolutely in Heaven...:)

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually it was very helpful to have a digital camera: I showed them all the pictures and they were satisfied that I really only photographed the car. Otherwise I don't know what would have happened.

Way back when we were in Defcon Bravo for a few days, I snatched a few pictures of a nuclear sub at some Navy port. Within a couple of minutes some officer was on site and took away my role of film. Within another few minutes they had already established my ID based on the vehicle's plates. Eery. Of course I had no intention on spying, I just like subs. Didn't know that one was 'off limits'.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Those guys at Navy Pier can get pretty snitty whenever someone tries to photograph the ferris wheel.